Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I still don't get why people are giving him time to rip a wrist shot on the PP. I get that Stamkos is on the other wing but come on - close on him.

Teams are playing us very passively on the PP and we have the weapons to make them pay. Best way to PK against us is to take away space. You might get burned every now and then, but it beats just letting Stamkos and Kucherov feast on you.

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
Kucherov is very fast. He's explosive fast. Remember who came 2nd to McDavid in the skills comp?

The thing is, he very rarely has to use his speed due to the smarts.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I still don't get why people are giving him time to rip a wrist shot on the PP. I get that Stamkos is on the other wing but come on - close on him.

Teams are playing us very passively on the PP and we have the weapons to make them pay. Best way to PK against us is to take away space. You might get burned every now and then, but it beats just letting Stamkos and Kucherov feast on you.

Pick your poison, are you covering 91, 77, or 86? Right now all three are burning you.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Pick your poison, are you covering 91, 77, or 86? Right now all three are burning you.

To be fair I really been impressed with Names this year as well. I know part of that is just his ability to feast off of Kucherov and Stamkos, just as well though. That pass he had to Stamkos on his last goal was a beauty and took a good amount of skill and brains in his own right.

Reactions: geoo9

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Weird seeing Kucherov score his first again. I forgot Purcell and Brewer were here, or maybe I just tried to remove those two players from my memory banks.

In short, it's unfortunate he scored with players that aren't even here anymore lol.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Reputation moreso than anything, any team paying attention knows Stamkos has been blowing one timers since the pre-season games. If I did my homework, I'd block Kucherov on the PP and force Hedman to make the pass he's uncomfortable making to that Stamkos side.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Reputation moreso than anything, any team paying attention knows Stamkos has been blowing one timers since the pre-season games.
Stamkos has a sick wrister too - I kind of wish he'd let that go more now that his one-timer has lost some of its juice.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Kuch halloween costume was awesome:

"Look at me! I'm the captain now!"

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
To be fair I really been impressed with Names this year as well. I know part of that is just his ability to feast off of Kucherov and Stamkos, just as well though. That pass he had to Stamkos on his last goal was a beauty and took a good amount of skill and brains in his own right.
That is a pass that we have seen attempted many times before, it doesn’t always work. There was some luck in there.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
That is a pass that we have seen attempted many times before, it doesn’t always work. There was some luck in there.
Every cross ice pass has a degree of luck involved - Namestnikov read the play well and made the right pass.

Anyway - Namestnikov has been really good so far. He's doing good work on the PP and doing well with Kucherov/Stamkos in general (especially being aware during zone entries).

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Every cross ice pass has a degree of luck involved - Namestnikov read the play well and made the right pass.

Anyway - Namestnikov has been really good so far. He's doing good work on the PP and doing well with Kucherov/Stamkos in general (especially being aware during zone entries).
macho complimenting names :amazed:

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland

add 98 Sergachev to that list. 2nd goal to Columbus was pure example of that. - Jackets covers Kuch and let 98 alone so 98 takes full advantage of that "covering")))

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
I started to realize this season that he have awesome hands and smart head.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Stamkos has a sick wrister too - I kind of wish he'd let that go more now that his one-timer has lost some of its juice.
Stammer had best onetimer and 2nd best wrister (after Tarasenko) i think. Kucherov havent that natural shoot ability but Kuch have best timing , ability to use screen (defender or own center), ability to deceive when shooting) sj i thing Kucherovs shot - mostly outcome from his IQ and game reading ability. That game reading reminds me Datsyuk - both always think to play unusual way.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
kucherov has a lot of different shots speeds spots etc.. that one tonight on the faceoff my goodness 9/10 times thats automatic in and the king was there lol when 99.9 percent of time goalie cant move at all on that one haha. Kucherov had his shots hes scoring 100 this year hope stamkos will too. I am really enjoying the point gourde show they are soooo nasty to play against lol

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Thank god for how well they're playing this season, after last season Kuch was regretting taking that discount. He's poised to take considerably less than market value to stay with that line with how they're playing.

Stamkos is locked down, if we get Vladdy to a decent extension we could probably lock Kucherov down after year for solid deal. Anything under 9m will make HF cry.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Thank god for how well they're playing this season, after last season Kuch was regretting taking that discount. He's poised to take considerably less than market value to stay with that line with how they're playing.

Stamkos is locked down, if we get Vladdy to a decent extension we could probably lock Kucherov down after year for solid deal. Anything under 9m will make HF cry.
Tears will be shed.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
It's good his wrist/snap/slap shots are good, because his one-timer has been brutal.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
It's good his wrist/snap/slap shots are good, because his one-timer has been brutal.

Been saying it for years, the guy should just always stop the puck then shoot or go for a quick release because everytime he goes full wind-up I'm expecting a shot along the ice or something that looks like Matt Carle just wristed from the blueline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad