Recalled/Assigned: Nicklas Jensen recalled from Hartford (Jan 7: Reassigned)

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
LOL @ anyone thinking Glass provides toffness. What's he gonna do, look at people with a mean expression? He doesn't skate well enough to throw meaningful, tough hits and he sucks at fighting.

Excited to see Jensen, talented kid who just hasn't taken that next step yet.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Marginal player.

Just don't muck things up while u r here.

Play well defensively so we don't see Glass next.

That would be a successful cup of coffee.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The next guy has to be Glass if we get more injuries. Surprised they took Jensen over Glass. Not sure what Jensen adds at the NHL level.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
LOL @ anyone thinking Glass provides toffness. What's he gonna do, look at people with a mean expression? He doesn't skate well enough to throw meaningful, tough hits and he sucks at fighting.

Excited to see Jensen, talented kid who just hasn't taken that next step yet.

Glass actually is a pretty decent skater--it shows up in his hit totals. You can't hit if you can't skate. Puck skills are Glass's issues. Those are fairly close to nonexistent at least at the NHL level.

As for fighting he's not bad. He's able to hang with most NHL heavyweights even if he doesn't win against them. There have been occasions he's laid a real hurting on people--like Tim Gleason, Eric Nystrom. Fighting is not something that the Rangers under AV's tutelage anyway seem to value a whole lot though--so what that adds into the mix is pretty negligible.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... Not sure what Jensen adds at the NHL level.

we need somebody/anybody to emerge from the Pirri/Puempel/Lindberg/Jooris/Hrivik/Jensen crowd.
To-date, aside from a brief early goal spree by Pirri,
we're getting nothing from the bottom ~4

with Zib/Buch/Nash out a while, the opening is there

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Any and every poster on this board should be ahead of Glass

Well, let`s look at this from a much different perspective.
Alright, soon lunch here @pld. :)

Although, who is responsible for Glass 1.4 mil $ salary cap hit the recent years? I thought that was the GM position, right? Or is this on our coach, AV`s plans to bring Tanner Glass to New York some years ago - what did AV see in Tanner Glass in the last two seasons? Is`t another AV decision of a long list of questionable coaching player evaluations the recent years?
Tanner Glass have played 66 games first season, and 57 games in his second season here.

I`m aware it`s off topic, but I don`t bother to bump, or use the Tanner Glass player discussion topic since he is not playing NHL hockey at the moment, or move it to the AV topic. (for HF mods.)

Last edited:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I wish N. Jensen good luck though - I hope he will be successful and he have a great chance now.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Marginal player.

Just don't muck things up while u r here.

Play well defensively so we don't see Glass next.

That would be a successful cup of coffee.

Don't forget we have Nieves and Fontaine down in the AHL as well.

Hell, I think i'd call up Stromwall or Kovacs before Glass... at least they have some skill. :laugh:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
We've been struggling to get depth scoring, so Jensen is the easy call here, with Fontaine and Boo being next. Jensen can skate, has decent hands, and has been scoring at the AHL level.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Boo and Fontaine will provide zero offense for us this year, if called up.

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
We need someone who can and will play the body, and drop the gloves once in a while. We are getting physically beat up game in and game out. We have no body who routinely answers the call and steps up to defend his teammates. Game in and game out players take liberties with our players because of that. This team is so soft it is disgusting. There is a reason why we are all beat up and injured. But flame on, until it is completely outlawed you need a player who will answer the call. As much as I am not a Tanner Glass fan, I would prefer to see him over Hrivik and Jensen.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I expected Fontaine as he's been an NHL regular for 3 years, but I guess they'd rather give a chance to a kid who still has possible upside beyond a 4th line player.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
This is exactly what you do in a retooling season. Instead of calling up Glass or Fontaine when there are injuries, you call up Hrivik and Jensen. See what it is you've really got in them.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
This is exactly what you do in a retooling season. Instead of calling up Glass or Fontaine when there are injuries, you call up Hrivik and Jensen. See what it is you've really got in them.

yep, if these guys will never be more ready. If they are at all the real deal, and want to stay here, rather than be back in Europe, they'll take advantage of this opportunity, while so many of NYR's forwards are hurt or underperforming

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
We need someone who can and will play the body, and drop the gloves once in a while. We are getting physically beat up game in and game out. We have no body who routinely answers the call and steps up to defend his teammates. Game in and game out players take liberties with our players because of that. This team is so soft it is disgusting. There is a reason why we are all beat up and injured. But flame on, until it is completely outlawed you need a player who will answer the call. As much as I am not a Tanner Glass fan, I would prefer to see him over Hrivik and Jensen.

Gonna make a pillow with all of this nice fluff here.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Boo and Fontaine will provide zero offense for us this year, if called up.

As opposed to Tanner Glass and his three goal seasons.

We shouldn't be expecting anyone from Hartford to provide any meaningful offense. They just need to be on the ice for 10 minutes and not bleed scoring chances against.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Hoping Jensen doesn't play with Pirri tonight Both have the shoot first mentality.

I'm assuming Vesey can't go so hoping for something like:

Kreider-Stepan-Fast
Grabner-Hayes-Miller
Jensen-Lindberg-Zuc
Hrivik-Jooris-Pirri

Ugly bottom six. At times Fast and Kreider work really well together. Lindberg may not be ideal, but if he can just play competent defense and a decent cycle game, and Zuc can somehow set those guys up, maybe they get lucky.

This looks like a post Bern trade lineup...just have to have Dougie Hamilton and Ryan Murphy on D, with like 3-4 first rounders in the bag and $ retained ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad