Recalled/Assigned: Nicklas Jensen recalled from Hartford (Jan 7: Reassigned)

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
The flu has been going around so it might just be the flu for someone. They had time yesterday to recall but didn't so I'm guessing it's probably just a flu.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
The flu has been going around so it might just be the flu for someone. They had time yesterday to recall but didn't so I'm guessing it's probably just a flu.

You're a much more optimistic thinker than I am. I suppose it's a fault of mine. :P I hope you're right and someone just caught a bug!

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Good point. McD was out recently with the flu, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I'm hoping it's Hrivik coming out. Useless player. Anyone who thinks having 4th liners that don't contribute anything offensively is living in the 90s. Especially with our system we need guys that can generate some semblance of offense. Even Fast does that. Lindberg although not scoring is generating chances. I don't think I've ever seen Hrivik shoot the puck at an NHL net.

He's a tweener for life. Too good for AHL no business in NHL.

I expect Nash back tomorrrow. Skates today with the club in regular jersey. Don't see why he wouldn't play unless he wakes up sore.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Having said that Puempel looked like he was on another planet when he took that hit. Was surprised he passed concision protocol. Wouldn't shock me to see he woke up feeling bad he's got a history of this unfortunately.

Jensen has been elite the last few weeks on a terrible team. Deserves a solid look here again.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm hoping it's Hrivik coming out. Useless player. Anyone who thinks having 4th liners that don't contribute anything offensively is living in the 90s. Especially with our system we need guys that can generate some semblance of offense. Even Fast does that. Lindberg although not scoring is generating chances. I don't think I've ever seen Hrivik shoot the puck at an NHL net.

He's a tweener for life. Too good for AHL no business in NHL.

I expect Nash back tomorrrow. Skates today with the club in regular jersey. Don't see why he wouldn't play unless he wakes up sore.

If you are disappointed by Hrivik, there is no reason to be happy about Jensen joining the team. They are too similar in terms of upside, talent etc. The Jensen call-up means someone is either out with the flu, or is DTD with an injury from a knock he got in the Colorado game.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Hrivik's tenacity drives possession on the fourth line. Admittedly, Hrivik is even more vanilla than the King of Vanilla (Fast)...but they're keeping the puck away from the opponent more often than not when Hrivik is on the ice. Hrivik's Corsi is 2nd best on team next to Clendo and he is up to 13 games now...yet his possession stats are not regressing. He's actually playing perfectly for a fourth liner. Helping to keep possession of the puck while the scoring lines rest. What more do we need from him?

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I know what you're saying. We don't want to lose a Top 6er...but if it's for Pumps that sucks for him to be so young and have another concussion. **** like that can end careers.

True, that's what I meant and didn't even think about it that way.

I was shocked he came back in the game, he did look lost when he hit the ice

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Kovy....is there a 4th liner you don't hate? :banghead:

It must give you severe agita when a line like Hrivik-Lindberg-Fast gets thrown together. :laugh: They can play fantastic when together, yet you hate all of them, lol.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Hrivik's tenacity drives possession on the fourth line. Admittedly, Hrivik is even more vanilla than the King of Vanilla (Fast)...but they're keeping the puck away from the opponent more often than not when Hrivik is on the ice. Hrivik's Corsi is 2nd best on team next to Clendo and he is up to 13 games now...yet his possession stats are not regressing. He's actually playing perfectly for a fourth liner. Helping to keep possession of the puck while the scoring lines rest. What more do we need from him?

Having Hrivik in the lineup when three top 9 forwards are out of the lineup is fine, but once any one of them comes back, he should be sent back down. He's a fine fill-in, but that's about it, regardless of his fancy stats.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Having Hrivik in the lineup when three top 9 forwards are out of the lineup is fine, but once any one of them comes back, he should be sent back down. He's a fine fill-in, but that's about it, regardless of his fancy stats.

Absolutely agree that when Ziba, Buch, and Nash are back...Hrivik should be back in the A. But he's done a good job while here, and deserves a pat on the back.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hrivik is at the age where he's pretty much done developing, so riding the bench wouldn't hurt him. I'd keep him as a healthy scratch given his versatility.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Hrivik is at the age where he's pretty much done developing, so riding the bench wouldn't hurt him. I'd keep him as a healthy scratch given his versatility.

Well, when Buch, Ziba, and Nash are back...3 guys have to come out and only 1 will likely get to stay up as the nightly scratch (maybe 2 scratches if we keep 24 F...but we never travel with 24 F). You think Hrivik gets the nod over Lindeberg and/or Pirri? I can't see that ever happening.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course

So, who goes on waivers once Nash comes back, given that the Rangers have been keeping only 22 players on the roster to save cap space for the trade deadline?

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Well, when Buch, Ziba, and Nash are back...3 guys have to come out and only 1 will likely get to stay up as the nightly scratch (maybe 2 scratches if we keep 24 F...but we never travel with 24 F). You think Hrivik gets the nod over Lindeberg and/or Pirri? I can't see that ever happening.

I don't think Nash has been put on IR--he was listed as a scratch the last game. That means only two players need to waived when Mika and Buch are back. Lindberg is playing well--he's clearly feeling pretty good and has caught up. I suspect Pirri is also not in danger of being waived either. That leaves Hrivik and then Puempel (in that order) as the ones to go.

I'm actually surprised Jensen was called up today--they could have re-called him tomorrow morning and saved a day on the cap.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I don't think Nash has been put on IR--he was listed as a scratch the last game. That means only two players need to waived when Mika and Buch are back. Lindberg is playing well--he's clearly feeling pretty good and has caught up. I suspect Pirri is also not in danger of being waived either. That leaves Hrivik and then Puempel (in that order) as the ones to go.

When all 3 are back .... and assuming we have no other injuries... we will travel with 23F. That means 3 of Puempel, Hrivik, Lindberg, Pirri would not be on the roster. Only 1 will survive and stay on the roster. I doubt we decide to carry 24.

Is my scenario plausible, or am i missing something? :badidea:

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
When all 3 are back .... and assuming we have no other injuries... we will travel with 23F. That means 3 of Puempel, Hrivik, Lindberg, Pirri would not be on the roster. Only 1 will survive and stay on the roster. I doubt we decide to carry 24.

Is my scenario plausible, or am i missing something? :badidea:

Rangers currently have 22 players (the twenty that played on Saturday plus Nash and Clendening who were the stratches) plus Jensen on the roster, with Mika and Buch on IR. That means they currently have 16F+7D+2G=25.

Subtract Jensen who will return to minors fairly soon=22+ the two on IR=24....When Nash comes back, one of Hrivik or Puempel will sit. No need to put anyone on waivers.

However, I would not assume that the Rangers will carry 14 forwards for any length of time once Buch and/or Mika come back--they haven't in the past and didn't this season when everyone was "healthy." So, ultimately, two more players are going to be waived. As I said above, I would expect Hrivik and Puempel to be the odd men out.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Thanks, I had that all screwed up. You're right. Only 2...not 3. Probably Lindberg and Pirri will alternate on the 4th line or something until a victor is declared. The loser will claim the Press-Box. In the meantime, Pumps & Hrivik will be put on waivers.

Got it now. Thanks for being patient with me, haha. :dunce:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Right, of course. I wouldn't keep him over Lindberg but I wouldn't think twice about keeping him over Pirri. I do not think however that the organization would waive Pirri, so yeah, Hrivik is the odd man out in all likelihood.

EDIT: I think Puempel has an opportunity to force out Pirri down the road. If Pumper can pot a few more goals and look engaged every game I think he can take a spot from Pirri (who is a one trick pony that hasn't done much since the first month).

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
A perfect 4th liner as you say should contribute offensively. And if not scoring at least creating chances. He does neither. Like I said even Fast does that.

Do I like any fourth liners? Yes Pirri and Grabner two guys that when we are healthy will be on our 4th line.

We won in 2014 because we had a fourth line that scored and created chances in addition to being solid defensively. Hrivik is what 26 now? He's an ahler. If he were smart he'd go to the khl and make some money while he still can

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
A perfect 4th liner as you say should contribute offensively. And if not scoring at least creating chances. He does neither. Like I said even Fast does that.

Do I like any fourth liners? Yes Pirri and Grabner two guys that when we are healthy will be on our 4th line.

We won in 2014 because we had a fourth line that scored and created chances in addition to being solid defensively. Hrivik is what 26 now? He's an ahler. If he were smart he'd go to the khl and make some money while he still can

And we won't be having guys like Jensen or Hrivik on our 4th line when we are healthy. Compared to last year, we have made huge steps in the right direction when it comes to depth.

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Vesey-Zibanejad-Nash
Miller-Hayes-Buchnevich

That is our top-9 which leaves the following players for our 4th line:

Pirri, Grabner, Fast, Lindberg, Puempel, Hrivik, Jensen. That is not bad.

You just can't really complain when a guy like Hrivik comes up due to injuries and performs as decent as he has. Nobody is expecting miracles from him, or Jensen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad