Recalled/Assigned: Nicklas Jensen recalled from Hartford (Jan 7: Reassigned)

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Hrivik's tenacity drives possession on the fourth line. Admittedly, Hrivik is even more vanilla than the King of Vanilla (Fast)...but they're keeping the puck away from the opponent more often than not when Hrivik is on the ice. Hrivik's Corsi is 2nd best on team next to Clendo and he is up to 13 games now...yet his possession stats are not regressing. He's actually playing perfectly for a fourth liner. Helping to keep possession of the puck while the scoring lines rest. What more do we need from him?

You beat me to this. Hrivik is fine out there. Hardly a passenger. In fact, he might still be playing when some of the other guys are ready to draw in.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
With all due respect, He won't be.

37482583.jpg

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
With all due respect, He won't be.

He'll still be on the roster after Nash returns to the lineup, so it's still possible Hrivik will get some ice time--really depends on how well players like Pirri, Lindberg and Puempel play.

With the quotes from Buch today in the Post, it doesn't sound like he'll be back immediately after the bye week (or whatever it's called).

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I agree. Hrivik is really a positive on the fourth line. Usually quite noticeable.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't know if he'll definitely be back.

Kreids-Stepan-Zucc
Nash-Pirri-Buch
Vesey-Hayes-Miller
Grabner-Hrivik-Fast
Lindberg

Thats 13 forwards, we don't need to keep 14. If Nash and Buchnevich are back on Friday, why would Jensen be back with the Rangers?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I don't know if he'll definitely be back.

Kreids-Stepan-Zucc
Nash-Pirri-Buch
Vesey-Hayes-Miller
Grabner-Hrivik-Fast
Lindberg

Thats 13 forwards, we don't need to keep 14. If Nash and Buchnevich are back on Friday, why would Jensen be back with the Rangers?

That's just something we'll have to find out then. We don't know when either of them will be back. I think Nash is the closest of the three that are out right now. So I guess that's that.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
That's just something we'll have to find out then. We don't know when either of them will be back. I think Nash is the closest of the three that are out right now. So I guess that's that.

They seem to think Nash will very likely be back on Friday. I don't know why Buchnevich wouldn't either. They seem to think Zibanejad will need a few practices.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Jensen won't be back up. Both Nash and Buch should both be ready after the break. If anything, another player (Pirri or Hrivik) gets sent down.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Jensen won't be back up. Both Nash and Buch should both be ready after the break. If anything, another player (Pirri or Hrivik) gets sent down.

Unless they get injured further, Nash and Buchnevich should either be back next Friday or surely no later than the game after that. Zibanejad might be need a few practices, from what AV said. Even so, I suspect in a few weeks, only one of Lindberg, Pirri, Puempel and Jensen is staying. I don't know how you can send Hrivik down. He's playing well.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Hrvik's line under-performed tonight...and was ultimately riding pine...but if you look at the bigger picture I agree with you that Hrivik has played well. I'd consider keeping him up over Pirri. AV really does appreciate two-way play (hence his obsession with Fast)...so I think Hrivik has a legitimate shot of staying up. There is a bit of offense missing from his game...but there was no offense in Tanner's game, and Tanner was a mainstay for AV. I really think Hrivik has a shot at sticking around.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course

Once again, there are currently 22 players on the roster (including Nash), Buch is in the minors and Mika is on the IR. Until both Buch and Mika come back, there is no need to send anyone else to the minors.

Lindberg has been playing well. If both Nash and Buch come back after this (idiotic) break, then (I'm guessing) Hrivik will be sent down and Pirri sits.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Once again, there are currently 22 players on the roster (including Nash), Buch is in the minors and Mika is on the IR. Until both Buch and Mika come back, there is no need to send anyone else to the minors.

Lindberg has been playing well. If both Nash and Buch come back after this (idiotic) break, then (I'm guessing) Hrivik will be sent down and Pirri sits.

BR, I know that. When Buch and Nash come back...hopefully at the same time for the first game after the break...I think one guy will get sent down.

I want for Pirri to be sent down and for Hrivik to stay.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
The end of Hrvik and Jensen. Hopefully with Buch and Nash coming back soon they won't be back up (only because that would mean no more injuries :) )

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I just don't see Hrivik staying over Pirri. Puempel over Pirri is a maybe. The Rangers will try to find another team for Pirri before they send him down. I doubt seriously they'll just waive him. Hrivik will just go down. I like Lindberg better than any of them.

Hrivik's main issue is his offensive upside. There's not a lot there that I can see. He's like a poor man's Marcel Hossa. He can hold on to the puck but apart from that there's not much he does with it.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
BR, I know that. When Buch and Nash come back...hopefully at the same time for the first game after the break...I think one guy will get sent down.

I want for Pirri to be sent down and for Hrivik to stay.

I agree with eco (above). Pirri won the job out of training camp and Hrivik just doesn't have enough offensive upside to justify keeping him over Pirri.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->