Recalled/Assigned: Nic Petan and Brendan Lemieux recalled

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Not sure what issue people had with Petan tonight, other than not liking him and being unobjective.

The penalties were unfortunate but one of them was in the defensive zone and neither were nearly as bad as Wheeler's dumb ass holding call. Otherwise he played very sound positionally , was around the puck a lot, created and drove his line. His battle level was clearly higher along the walls, as was his ability to hang onto the puck.

He might not find a spot yet when everyone is healthy, although that doesn't mean he shouldn't. It's one game, not making that determination yet. He was far better than Lemieux, I'll say that for sure.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Not sure what issue people had with Petan tonight, other than not liking him and being unobjective.

The penalties were unfortunate but one of them was in the defensive zone and neither were nearly as bad as Wheeler's dumb ass holding call. Otherwise he played very sound positionally , was around the puck a lot, created and drove his line. His battle level was clearly higher along the walls, as was his ability to hang onto the puck.

He might not find a spot yet when everyone is healthy, although that doesn't mean he shouldn't. It's one game, not making that determination yet. He was far better than Lemieux, I'll say that for sure.
It's so easy to dislike him and Dano considering how much they are hyped on this discussion board you would think they would have accomplished a lot more. If he does work out, however, and even if he is just good trade bait it's still good for the team.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
It's so easy to dislike him and Dano considering how much they are hyped on this discussion board you would think they would have accomplished a lot more. If he does work out, however, and even if he is just good trade bait it's still good for the team.
Personally I don't care how much someone is hyped, I remain objective and base my opinion on his play, not what others think. Tonight he was fine, did not look out of place, nothing more to it.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Thank you for admitting that you have no apparent hockey related reasoning to hate on these players.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

Lmao he dove at a players legs and tripped him...way dumber than Blake's penalty. That being said i agree he did not look out of place out there and played a very decent game last night.

Reactions: TheGovernment

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Lmao he dove at a players legs and tripped him...way dumber than Blake's penalty. That being said i agree he did not look out of place out there and played a very decent game last night.
Dove?

He stumbled and inadvertently tripped up the Yote player with his head.

Are people actually trying to state he dove head first, at the feet of the opposing player on purpose?

Seriously?

Nic had a very good game last night, noticeable improvement from the last time I watched him play. Next step for Nic is to follow it up with another good game, consistency.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

Not to be contrary, but upon reflection, Petan may have tripped. He did so again in a sequence where he broke from the box. This would appear to his fault only because of inadvertent trips. That said, I didn't mind Petan's game on balance.

He's fast, and he can score.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Wheeler's penalty came in the offensive zone on a pretty much nothing play, all he needed to do was try to separate his man from the puck. At least Petan's second penalty came in the defensive zone trying to prevent the puck carrier from getting between him and the net, and he didn't dive at his legs, c'mon.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Petan looked good last night. I love the fact that he was involved enough to actually take those minors. (The first one was a trip that came from being very engaged, and the second one he clearly lost an edge on his left skate)

I was impressed by his ability to find himself open space without the puck, and then work himself into open space with the puck. Huge improvement.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Dove?

He stumbled and inadvertently tripped up the Yote player with his head.

Are people actually trying to state he dove head first, at the feet of the opposing player on purpose?

Seriously?

Nic had a very good game last night, noticeable improvement from the last time I watched him play. Next step for Nic is to follow it up with another good game, consistency.

Lol they only showed the replay about 4 times. His feet didn't trip up, he didn'tslip. He dove in front of the player, he had no other way of getting to the puck. It is what it is... a penalty.

Great game though otherwise by petan. That boy had some jets on last night.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Lol they only showed the replay about 4 times. His feet didn't trip up, he didn'tslip. He dove in front of the player, he had no other way of getting to the puck. It is what it is... a penalty.

Great game though otherwise by petan. That boy had some jets on last night.

Nope, not even close. Every replay clearly showed his feet getting mixed up. Beyak and Jamie even stated it.

Lol, some actually believing a pro player would dive head first into an opposing players skates as a form of defence. Better yet, the opposing player wasn’t even in a scoring or threat position.

I would love to see the look on Petan face if you asked if he did it on purpose, it would be comical.

Reactions: Ducky10 and csk

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
1 goal and over 80% Corsi = very good
2 PIMs = not so good

I don't expect the PIMs to continue. That's not his style of game.
I don't expect 80% Corsi or 1 goal per game pace to continue either. That's unnatural.

What I did see though was good skating, upping the pace, strong defensive play, great breakouts, and some amazing set ups in the offensive zone. That is something that I can see persisting and making Petan one of the Jets' better bottom-six players.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Stupid penalties or accidental penalties or both...he deserves to start next game.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
2 PIMs = not so good

I don't expect 80% Corsi or 1 goal per game pace to continue either. That's unnatural.

What I did see though was good skating, upping the pace, strong defensive play, great breakouts, and some amazing set ups in the offensive zone. That is something that I can see persisting and making Petan one of the Jets' better bottom-six players.

No one called me on screwing up a stat: 4pims

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
So, can we now start saying that good players will be good players on all lines, including the fourth?

Nic has a game that should make players around him better, not a game that needs better players to make him better. The Yotes game was the first time I seen Nic improve the play of players on his line.

Thats a decent step, compared to the past when his poor play was being blamed on those around him.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So, can we now start saying that good players will be good players on all lines, including the fourth?

Nic has a game that should make players around him better, not a game that needs better players to make him better. The Yotes game was the first time I seen Nic improve the play of players on his line.

Thats a decent step, compared to the past when his poor play was being blamed on those around him.

There is reason for some optimism there. Would like to see him get a longer look though. I doubt he becomes a fixture this season but next season is do or die time come training camp if he's not dealt by then.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
2 PIMs = not so good

Agree (though it was 4 PIMs). I thought he was very effective.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
There is reason for some optimism there. Would like to see him get a longer look though. I doubt he becomes a fixture this season but next season is do or die time come training camp if he's not dealt by then.

Beginning of the season I was hoping for a 3rd line of Connor/Petan/Roslovic.

I could see this line happening over the next couple of months.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Beginning of the season I was hoping for a 3rd line of Connor/Petan/Roslovic.

I could see this line happening over the next couple of months.

I do think it was good to have them all start on the Moose at this point they all look to have progressed and learnt something from it.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
How can one not agree that our rush of injuries has really set us up well going forward. As long as guys get healthy of course. But without injuries, we wouldn't have got to see Connor & Poolman first, now Roslo, Petan and Lemieux (jury is still out on him), and even in goal getting Hutch & Comrie in for a game (yes Comrie wasn't great, but wow is he ever doing well now).

Without these auditions, how much faith would Mo & crew have using any of these guys in key positions & we'd be left wondering whether any could even make the big club. Now, they've mostly all had a shot playing under pressure in key positions. The silver lining has done wonders here.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad