Recalled/Assigned: Nic Petan and Brendan Lemieux recalled

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I truly want Petan to have an amazing chance and show he belongs in the NHL. I think if he's given the right shot he'll dominate at the NHL level, Martin St. Louis style.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
My question is why did they play Adam Lowry so soon when all he did was last two games before re-aggravating his upper-body injury?

He was 100% apparently....or close to it.....but perhaps he has a chronic type issue that is going to require surgery eventually (hopefully in the offseason) and it may be easily aggravated

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
He was 100% apparently....or close to it.....but perhaps he has a chronic type issue that is going to require surgery eventually (hopefully in the offseason) and it may be easily aggravated
Ugh, if that's the case, the playoffs are going to take a toll on him judging by the type of injury it seems to be.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Hopefully they don't actually play Poolman ahead of either upfront tomorrow.

It would be complete idiocy to play Poolman at forward when you have Petan and Lemieux. Honestly, why is that even a notion they would float?? It had to be a joke.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
If they actually play Dano-Petan-Lemieux as a line like is being speculated they’re gonna see less than 5 minutes of ice time lol.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I find it kind of annoying that they waited until now to call these players up instead of yesterday or this morning, presumably to save some money which amounts to what like 10k for the day between these 2 players? That's pocketchange for an NHL team. These guys should have been practicing with the team today.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I find it kind of annoying that they waited until now to call these players up instead of yesterday or this morning, presumably to save some money which amounts to what like 10k for the day between these 2 players? That's pocketchange for an NHL team. These guys should have been practicing with the team today.

I think it's a bit more complicated than that. Both the Moose and the Jets had the day off yesterday. They probably wanted to have a conference calll with Pascal before deciding which way to go. But yeah ideally they would have been here for practice today.

Reactions: mcpw

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Not sure I've seen much change in Petan's game in the minors. Same game, lesser competition.

Let's see if it translates this time for him.

He's played a way more aggressive game with the Moose this year -- faster and harder on the puck, and getting rid of it more quickly. Will it translate to the NHL? Actually playing him seems like a good way to find out.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
He's played a way more aggressive game with the Moose this year -- faster and harder on the puck, and getting rid of it more quickly. Will it translate to the NHL? Actually playing him seems like a good way to find out.

Curious to see if that translates. Everyone knows there's less time with the puck in the NHL and the puck is moved faster as well.

We'll see how he does tomorrow

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I sure hope these guys (especially Petan) can play well and stick with the team. I still think Nic can be a great player in the right situation.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Pretty jumpy group around here today. The chances of Poolman playing wing were pretty much at 0%. Maurice practiced with the players available. Sometimes I think he trolls this board to get people going with him leaving the option open after practice, but the Jets have been consistent calling up players as needed from the Moose all season so I'm not sure why anyone expected different this time?

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This is my take as well. Likely something chronic that will need off season surgery. An amazing amount of players require shoulder surgery once their team's season ends. Likely he will need to play through the pain and discomfort until then.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I hope Petan gets a good shot here and makes the most of it, if not for our team maybe he can showcase himself for another.

I always thought he would do well with Montreal, and could be part of a deal for Plekanec

Reactions: Guerzy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad