Niagara IceDogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
I wrote an email and sent it to David Branch about my many concerns related to the IceDogs. We'll see if he responds...#SELLTHETEAM

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
I wrote an email and sent it to David Branch about my many concerns related to the IceDogs. We'll see if he responds...#SELLTHETEAM
Branch is half retired, I'm sure he has very little concern for Niagara. That's a problem for the next commish.

Plus, with the time he does have, he uses to screw over Barrie. /s

Reactions: mattommy98

CMac03

Feb 24, 2024
He most likely won't; unfortunately, he's too focused on suspending every player in the league for no reason. XD

Reactions: three dog night

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
I take an opposing view. I believe he will respond. He doesn't want to leave a legacy like the IceDogs

three dog night

May 3, 2014
North Bay erupted for five second period goals in a 9 to 3 romp ver the Icedogs that is six straight losses…. The crowd in North Bay just over 3,3000 fans. Roobroeck scored his 24 new rookie record for the Dogs. Next game Friday night in Ottawa.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Ive talked to scouts that feel Boudreau has brought the most structure to this team
hes a way better coach, team traded everything (which is fine) but left garbage behind outside of a few good players and 2/3 very strong players.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
hes a way better coach, team traded everything (which is fine) but left garbage behind outside of a few good players and 2/3 very strong players.
I think they will be a fun team to watch next season. Still some concerns on the back end, but I think they will outscore their problems on a lot of nights. Especially if they get an impact player in the draft like Roobereck

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think they will be a fun team to watch next season. Still some concerns on the back end, but I think they will outscore their problems on a lot of nights. Especially if they get an impact player in the draft like Roobereck
will need to draft D fairly early and use excess picks to acquire an ‘06 D imo. The forwards should be pretty good.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
will need to draft D fairly early and use excess picks to acquire an ‘06 D imo. The forwards should be pretty good.
Just looking at the draft, the first pick will likely have to be a forward but I agree with picks after that on a Dman, Would be nice if a top pair guy came from the import draft

Reactions: dirty12

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
How do you figure that? The stats show that Kuwabara was in fact a better coach.

Under Kuwabara - 15 games played - Record 3-7-4-1 = 11 pts or .367 win percentage
First 15 games under Boudreau - Record 4-11-0-0 = 8 pts or .267 win percentage
First 22 games under Boudreau (Up to Jan 10 trade deadline) - 7-14-1-0 = 15 pts or .341 win percentage
Season total under Boudreau (46 games) - 13-31-2-0 = 28 pts or .304 win percentage

Boudreau has never obtained the win percentage achieved by Kuwabara. The most hilarious thing is that the IceDogs said they fired Kuwabara because the team's record wasn't good enough but under Boudreau, the team's record has been worst!

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
I heard a scout say that initially he was concerned about their back end next season but now he is also concerned about scoring next season. Sure they have Roobroeck and He, but who else do you see as a top 6 forward. The scout said they seem to really lack depth up front. The team is averaging just 2.88 goals/game, which is the second lowest in the league. I don't think they go from second lowest in goals scored to a scoring machine in just one season.

I think they may be able to make the playoffs next season but nothing more and that is dependent on no one asking for a trade, which seems unlikely.

Last edited:

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
I really like that idea. But I think it would be more effective if a few hundred fans emailed Branch. I am really surprised at most of the IceDogs fans. On one hand you have some who said I am done with the IceDogs and just quietly quit going to the games and then you have other fans who have no clue what's going on and will just keep coming to the games no matter what. I am surprised no one is chanting "sell the team" each game.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
How do you figure that? The stats show that Kuwabara was in fact a better coach.

Under Kuwabara - 15 games played - Record 3-7-4-1 = 11 pts or .367 win percentage
First 22 games under Boudreau (Up to Jan 10 trade deadline) - 7-14-1-0 = 15 pts or .341 win percentage
Season total under Boudreau (46 games) - 13-31-2-0 = 28 pts or .304 win percentage

Boudreau has never obtained the win percentage achieved by Kuwabara. The most hilarious thing is that the IceDogs said they fired Kuwabara because the team's record wasn't good enough but under Boudreau, the team's record has been worst!
they made the team worse on ice. the other coach had a much better roster last year and into this year.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I really like that idea. But I think it would be more effective if a few hundred fans emailed Branch. I am really surprised at most of the IceDogs fans. On one hand you have some who said I am done with the IceDogs and just quietly quit going to the games and then you have other fans who have no clue what's going on and will just keep coming to the games no matter what. I am surprised no one is chanting "sell the team" each game.
There are a lot a fans that go to games play with their phone or talk the whole game and never watch hockey. It's just a novelty they can afford. The real hockey fans want to see a decent product on the ice. Nice to feel like you got something for your hard eared money. League turns a blind eye as long as the team doesn't go bankrupt.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I heard a scout say that initially he was concerned about their back end next season but now he is also concerned about scoring next season. Sure they have Roobroeck and He, but who else do you see as a top 6 forward. The scout said they seem to really lack depth up front. The team is averaging just 2.88 goals/game, which is the second lowest in the league. I don't think they go from second lowest in goals scored to a scoring machine in just one season.

I think they may be able to make the playoffs next season but nothing more and that is dependent on no one asking for a trade, which seems unlikely.
While I'm expecting big steps forward from them, I also see Czata and Galiyanov taking steps forward. Bryant, Paris and Levin can chip in. They're likely adding a high end forward at this draft as well.

Reactions: the dog and dirty12

three dog night

May 3, 2014

Boudreau has never obtained the win percentage achieved by Kuwabara. The most hilarious thing is that the IceDogs said they fired Kuwabara because the team's record wasn't good enough but under Boudreau, the team's record has been worst!Te team

the dog

May 16, 2014
While I'm expecting big steps forward from them, I also see Czata and Galiyanov taking steps forward. Bryant, Paris and Levin can chip in. They're likely adding a high end forward at this draft as well.
couple defensemen an overage and import

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
couple defensemen an overage and import
A effort has to be made to have the core age of the D similar to the forwards. Of all the trades, I wonder the reasoning for moving Ride.
Maybe Vannetten will be ok as an OA D. Definitely try for an import D, use 2nd & 3rd picks in the OHL draft for near future, and trade for an ‘06 or ‘05 D; and (hope for Wycisk to be healthy).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad