Niagara IceDogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

the dog

May 16, 2014
A effort has to be made to have the core age of the D similar to the forwards. Of all the trades, I wonder the reasoning for moving Ride.
Maybe Vannetten will be ok as an OA D. Definitely try for an import D, use 2nd & 3rd picks in the OHL draft for near future, and trade for an ‘06 or ‘05 D; and (hope for Wycisk to be healthy).
Need upgrade from Vannetten as overager

Reactions: dirty12

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Erie rallied to beat the Icedogs 7 to 4 before 4,532 fans at the Merdian Centre.Edwards Alfono two goals each for Erie..Bryant two goal for the Icedogs.Next. Game Tommorrow our final game in Missy.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
8th round pick
Screenshot_20240315_233028_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: frontsfan67

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
kinda trolly yes but also just factually hilarious on how poor if a decision that was for Niagara
Dude, we've been talking for 2 years about how bad this owner is, and his horrible trades. We've been well aware of how awful this trade was from the moment that it happened and it has been referenced many times.

You watched him score a goal that night from your parents basement and decided to be a troll about something that happened two years ago in another teams forum. Kinda weird...

Reactions: mattommy98

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Dude, we've been talking for 2 years about how bad this owner is, and his horrible trades. We've been well aware of how awful this trade was from the moment that it happened and it has been referenced many times.

You watched him score a goal that night from your parents basement and decided to be a troll about something that happened two years ago in another teams forum. Kinda weird...
Roobroeck brother wasn’t traded under the current ownership

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019

dude you need to chill and taking this way to personally.

"Scored a goal" "parents basement" lmao like who are you hahaha. It's not that serious man no need to take things to heart so quickly. Man you just made my morning!

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Streak is over has the Dogs beat Barrie 3 to 0 before 4,512 fans . Bryant with two goals. Barrie and went zero for three at the Meridian Centre. Next game Tuesday night at Barrie.

Reactions: mtshapcott

WorkHardEveryShift

Aug 23, 2021
Streak is over has the Dogs beat Barrie 3 to 0 before 4,512 fans . Bryant with two goals. Barrie and went zero for three at the Meridian Centre. Next game Tuesday night at Barrie.

I wish they would annouce actual attendance rather than tickets sold. There couldn't have been more than 3500 there today. Entire sections were empty.

I thought the Ice Dogs outworked Barrie, who looked tired from too much hockey. And it's going to get worse for them before they meet Oshawa in the first round

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I wish they would annouce actual attendance rather than tickets sold. There couldn't have been more than 3500 there today. Entire sections were empty.

I thought the Ice Dogs outworked Barrie, who looked tired from too much hockey. And it's going to get worse for them before they meet Oshawa in the first round
No. There wasn’t
Yes he was... DD took over Jul 2022. The trade happened Sep 2022
Yes he was... DD took over Jul 2022. The trade happened Sep 2022
No it wasn’t

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
No. There wasn’t

No it wasn’t
The new owner traded Dylan Roobroeck.

Here is an article reporting that Darren DeDobbelaer is officially the new owner of the IceDogs, It's dated July 7, 2022, - DeDobbelaer officially owner of IceDogs

Here is the press release announcing Dylan Roobroeck was traded to Oshawa. It's dated Sept 12, 2022. - Generals acquire Dylan Roobroeck from IceDogs - Oshawa Generals

The trade happened 2 months after the new owner took over. The Burke's would have never made such a ridiculous trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

three dog night

May 3, 2014
TThe new owner traded Dylan Roobroeck.

Here is an article reporting that Darren DeDobbelaer is officially the new owner of the IceDogs, It's dated July 7, 2022, - DeDobbelaer officially owner of IceDogs

Here is the press release announcing Dylan Roobroeck was traded to Oshawa. It's dated Sept 12, 2022. - Generals acquire Dylan Roobroeck from IceDogs - Oshawa Generals

The trade happened 2 months after the new owner took over. The Burke's would have never made such a ridiculous w
He was brutal here

WorkHardEveryShift

Aug 23, 2021
Jelsma is a niceplayer for Barrie, but he pulled some bush league moves by intentionally taking off his gloves and neck guard twice in the same shift to delay the game. The second time was clearly to egg on Galiyanov or whoever it was across from him. Refs should have called him on it. And without that, someone should have cracked him

Reactions: three dog night

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Roobroeck brother wasn’t traded under the current ownership
didnt you tell me dd was not buying the team a month before it was announced?

sold in may 2022 (it was done months before)

trade in sept 2022

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
He was brutal here
So after being proven wrong, you just go to "he was brutal here". He was a rookie. He had decent numbers for a rookie.

The new owner traded Dylan Roobroeck.

The trade happened 2 months after the new owner took over. The Burke's would have never made such a ridiculous trade.
Thank you!

Reactions: mattommy98

WorkHardEveryShift

Aug 23, 2021
So turning to the u16, u18 and import draft what are the priorities? I do think there is a decent core of young players. Just need depth and both D and F

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00