Niagara IceDogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Imagine buying a franchise where you can be last place sell out a game, and have near sell-outs for others. A lot of owners in this league would kill for that.

Why would you buy something like that to run it so poorly.

If Niagara just had a good owner committed to a great hockey program, that arena would be packed every single night.

Reactions: three dog night

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Bruce Boudreau should just buy the team and try and resurrect it.
That fan base deserves better after all these years of deadbeat owners.

Reactions: the dog

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Bruce has tried repeatedly to buy the team. The owner paid too much for the team and is knee high in it now. All offers that were made to the Burke's were approximately the same except one. DD paid 5m more than any other offer now he is struggling and will likely forced into taking a tax loss when he does sell. #SELLTHETEAM

Reactions: sbpointer

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Bruce has tried repeatedly to buy the team. The owner paid too much for the team and is knee high in it now. All offers that were made to the Burke's were approximately the same except one. DD paid 5m more than any other offer now he is struggling and will likely forced into taking a tax loss when he does sell. #SELLTHETEAM
Yes I'm aware Bruce wants it. DD will likely be selling it at a loss here soon.
Is it true Wayne severed all ties as well? I knew he was originally involved but heard he's no longer.

WorkHardEveryShift

Aug 23, 2021
Imagine buying a franchise where you can be last place sell out a game, and have near sell-outs for others. A lot of owners in this league would kill for that.

If Niagara just had a good owner committed to a great hockey program, that arena would be packed every single night.

No doubt the fans deserve better. Hopefully in the coming year he removes his fingers from the pot and lets the coach, scouts and other hockey minds take care of business. And perhaps the senior Boudreau will have a senior role, and is not just a figure head

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012

When DD bought the team, he said one of the reasons he bought it was because the arena was still selling out despite the team being in last place. He then took the team over and cut costs everywhere.

I think his whole plan was to cut costs and make as much money as possible. Wins is secondary to him. As long as the fans keep coming to the arena, DD is happy.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
When DD bought the team, he said one of the reasons he bought it was because the arena was still selling out despite the team being in last place. He then took the team over and cut costs everywhere.

I think his whole plan was to cut costs and make as much money as possible. Wins is secondary to him. As long as the fans keep coming to the arena, DD is happy.
i dont think hes making a penny

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021

I think he sees himself as the smartest hockey guy in every room. He's both cheap AND destructive.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
So, let me get this straight...he's a cheap narcissist that know's nothing about hockey and has a real estate agent playing gm for 2 years while he sulks in his owners box.

Reactions: mattommy98

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Missasauga 7 Icedogs 2 with a big third period.Flores injured in the game after allowing four goals He and Roobroeck scored for the Icedogs.Roobroeck 22 goal a rookie record for the Dogs. Next game tomorrow night at home against Kingston.

CMac03

Feb 24, 2024
Just curious, where is the best place to park?
Parking garages off of St. Paul or there are also the Race Street and Head Street lots that they use for game day parking which are good and not far from the rink, believe it's $5 for any of them.

Reactions: Tryblot

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Kingston 8 Icedogs1 Frasca the hat trick Dubois two goals paced Kingston.4,500 plus at tge Merdian Centre next game Thursday at home against Ottawa.

CMac03

Feb 24, 2024
Wondering if ownership going to get real general manager after this season. Us fans have had enough of this 🤡🤡🤡 show..🤬
Feel like DD is too cheap to do that, plus his ego is huge. He'll just make himself GM again and drive this club further into the ground, he's already lost the respect of the fans, the community, and the city and he's been here for under two seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad