Not open for further replies.

Luongownage

Kassian? #epicfail
Jan 20, 2005
Terrace, BC
futurcorerock said:
good, you arent wanted here.

I'm Shattered, truely.

Hate on me all you want for telling you what is 99% likely to be the truth, just make sure you show up for when I get proven right so I can mock you in the correct fashion.

:joker:

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Crows said:
The score reporting that bettman was authorized to go to 45 million at the last minute before his press conference. BUt the last letter he sent to goodnow "hemmed him in a corner" and he chickened out.

Which is the reason why he and daly left the door open.

So i guess the Sportsnet rumor did have some legs after all.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
good stuff , I just came online to see the good news .

I was watching global news (toronto)and they were doing a lil something to promote a psychic convention being held somewhere in TO . Some lady read the cards and said there will definatly be hockey in 05-06 and when asked , ''what about 04-05 '' she replied there will be some sort of a ''showcase''

tkae it for what its worth :joker:

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
In_Todd_we_trust said:
I'm Shattered, truely.

Hate on me all you want for telling you what is 99% likely to be the truth, just make sure you show up for when I get proven right so I can mock you in the correct fashion.

:joker:

As long as it is in the correct fashion, I'll see ya then.

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
If this proves to be true, I think we are at a go for launch. I can't imagine these guys would get on a plane at this stage of the game without knowing that there was better than average chance of getting a deal done. Neither side can survive another unsuccessful "negotiation" from a PR standpoint.

A Good Flying Bird*

ChiHawks468 said:
I agree, based on everything I have read (yes, I admit I do check his site...like everyone else here!) on his site, he could not have written that supposed e-mail. Doesn't make it legit, it just suggests it isn't his.

I checked his site out once, about a month ago.

Looked very hoaxish to me.

Crows*

NHLcrazy said:
Ok where are we at now? a 20 game schedule...wow :shakehead

God let it die

I would say it's still the same maybe down to 25.

Let it die? HELL NO>.. If we let it "die" wel be going through this again next winter!

Get a deal done now.

Ide take a ****** short season over more of this anyday.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
isn't the stretch the most exciting time of the year anyway? this year, EVERYONE is in the hunt...anything can happen. This could actually be the most exciting hockey some of us have ever seen.

mackdogs*

NHLcrazy said:
Ok where are we at now? a 20 game schedule...wow :shakehead

God let it die
I agree, I think they need to let this season go but keep working at an agreement for next year. Some players would have to scramble back from Europe, some will be out of shape no doubt due to the nature of the beast. I just don't think a 20 game season (or whatever we're down to) plus some kind of a playoffs that could include a wild card (ugh :shakehead ) is worth it to me. I also wonder how hard the players would be trying. I could see some of them mailing it in out of spite... B. McCabe comes to mind.

They can't play the last hour negotiation game again, that would thoroughly piss off the last of us diehard fans so I hope they focus on getting the next season squared away, and hopefully at least 5 more after that.

NHLcrazy

Feb 28, 2002
Montreal
[Fire Sather] said:
and the point would be?

To be able to watch your team play 40 games and not 28.
To make all teams make some money on 40 games and not 28.
To give back to the fans the sport they love.

Anyways who's gonna respect a cup winner in a 28 game season?
:dunno:

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
mackdogs said:
I agree, I think they need to let this season go but keep working at an agreement for next year. Some players would have to scramble back from Europe, some will be out of shape no doubt due to the nature of the beast. I just don't think a 20 game season (or whatever we're down to) plus some kind of a playoffs that could include a wild card (ugh :shakehead ) is worth it to me. I also wonder how hard the players would be trying. I could see some of them mailing it in out of spite... B. McCabe comes to mind.

They can't play the last hour negotiation game again, that would thoroughly piss off the last of us diehard fans so I hope they focus on getting the next season squared away, and hopefully at least 5 more after that.

The problem is that if they go for next season and not this season then there will be no urgency to the talks and we will have the same crap all over again.

And despite the fact that it is so late, I still want to see hockey this year. I'm a fan. I would watch it whenever.

mackdogs*

Phil333 said:
I still want to see hockey this year. I'm a fan. I would watch it whenever.
Amen to that. I just have a feeling that if they do salvage this season the hockey we see may not be the greatest. Some players are locked into Europe permanently... it just won't be the NHL as I know it.

Birdman

Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
deathbear said:
this is just SO true.

ah, brings back memories to 1994 especially. i was in grade 6 at the time. such an amazing time...

Nothing beats walking out into the sunshine after an afternoon playoff win, a couple of pints at the beach front pub, a quick nap, and then the evening games to finish it off.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad