NHLPA and NHL to resuscitate negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Peter said:
Eklund, the blogger no one wants to listen to, reported this days before these outlets.

Exactly, he's gotten a completely bad reputation here for no reason. He called this day in advance.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
KPD/hub of hockey -who stops by the Bruins board was the first to report optimissm of a deal at the same time as everyone else was making their cement shoes...

I think the credit should go there first...the guy is smart...he isn't in the Hall-of-Fame for nothing and he didn't win the Sportwriter of the Year award for nothing... :D

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
The Great One said:
It's too late , anyways...

If it was, they wouldn't be meeting this weekend. The players know that if they let this deal go, they will not get another deal anywhere close to it. The league now has the added pressure of losing their national tv contract in addition to further reducing future revenues by not playing.

This will get done, just my opinoin (that and $7.50 will get you a small coffee at starbucks), but I think it will happen.

officeglen

Oct 6, 2002
Eastern Ontario
Visit site
Peter said:
Eklund, the blogger no one wants to listen to, reported this days before these outlets.
I know, he is so amazing he even has them meeting days before they actual meet. Some crystal ball/ouija board/tarot cards/pull-stuff-out-of-his-hamper magic. He even had them playing right now, though they are still just lacing up the skates and filling in some other minor paperwork.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
struckmatch said:
Exactly, he's gotten a completely bad reputation here for no reason. He called this day in advance.

no he didnt.

as Newsguy said, he spun what Pang, Hradek [sp?] Yzerman and a few other players said, into a rumor.

Some of them said this BEFORE the NHLPA held thier conference Tuesday.

Eklund is turning reports he hears from TV and radio into rumors.

WrightOn

Feb 7, 2004
Ohio
Newsguyone said:
Who cares about Eklund.
The very same day the season was cancelled, Steve Yzerman told the MEDIA OUTLETS that he still thought something would get done. EJ Hradek and Darren Pang, who work for big MEDIA OUTLETS, both said they thought there might still be talks.
Anyone with a brain knew there was too much progress to simply stop.

Any many of us knew that the season wasn't over when the little dictator went to the podium and announced it was over.

People need to stop having fits at every news report and remember the big picture.

Nice reality dosage.
Thanks Newsguyone.
I agree with you here.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
For those of you defending Eklund--

You realize that..he was reporting these things as happening...before they were factually going to happen? He took guesses based on rumors, and like the good little cult members you are, you swallowed his poisoned Kool-Aid.

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
Let me get this straight, we could be on the eve of the league and PA pulling their collective heads out of their rear-ends and beginning the process of saving this great game and the best we can do is pissing match about a blogger?

:dunno:

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
ChiHawks468 said:
Let me get this straight, we could be on the eve of the league and PA pulling their collective heads out of their rear-ends and beginning the process of saving this great game and the best we can do is pissing match about a blogger?

Pretty much yeah.

Wanna join us?

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
I don't think Eklund should be taken too seriously, but I don't doubt that he has picked up sources throughout his charade. He's posting a letter supposedly from a player, perhaps that player has read his blog?

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
I am going to make a prediction.

I predict that the NHLPA will this time ask for linkage somewhere around 65%.

I estimate they will be willing to negotiate that down to 60%.

Just my prediction.

Jaysfanatic*

ChiHawks468 said:

:lol it would certainly seem that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad