NHL to Seattle Volume XIV - Seattle sells 26,000 season ticket deposits in 2 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Evergreen State Cherries

Or Evergreen State Raspberries. My county is [apparently] the US capital for raspberry growing. There's a lot of stuff though like blackberries (everywhere), then apples, pears, peaches, cherries (even Rainier cherries ;)), strawberries and a few other berries.....

It's fun to drive around during the growing season in Whatcom and Skagit counties on the Pacific side of the Cascades. Lots of fruit and produce stands. :)

Reactions: Killion

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Damn, some of the people in here really need to go shopping for a new sarcasm-detector :amazed:

Anyways, late to the party, but the ticket drive was very impressive! So happy for Seattle!

I love the sound of the Seattle Sockeyes!, but the logo for that is gonna be a tough one to get nice.
Totems, Metropolitans, Emeralds all sound ok to me.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
TvjsCF5.jpg

Too similar to Sharks teal.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
When you think about it, there is no difference between watching traditional sports and eSports - they’re both just forms of entertainment. They’re both competitive environments with an adversarial setup. Different strokes for different folks.

eSport fans watch because it’s something that they enjoy playing themselves and they want to learn new tactics from the “pros”. One large factor driving views is that anyone can get good at these video games and thus they have a greater chance of “going pro” because they don’t need to be physically gifted in order to succeed, unlike every other sport that exists.

Except that one is an actual sport & the other is watching people video games....:nod: that said, if people want to waste their time doing that, they can but I'll never classify any video game tournament as a "sporting event"...

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Except that one is an actual sport & the other is watching people video games....:nod: that said, if people want to waste their time doing that, they can but I'll never classify any video game tournament as a "sporting event"...

They're both sports.

I was a professional gamer near the eSports infancy (CS/Q3) and the amount of work you need to put in is nuts. Especially in a team environment you are doing a lot of plays that requires a lot of practice.

You're not just casually sitting on a couch. You should see what RTS players do in games:

Just click to about the halfway mark as a lot of the early game they're just doing actions for the sake of keeping their heart rate up and reaction times on point (and minimizing dead time/cool down management)

This stuff is mentally and physically exhausting. There's a reason why there's a lot of gaming deaths, and that's because people don't take the nutrition part seriously even though it's as strenuous to the body as athletic sports.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
I like how the visitor locker room is smaller than the home locker rooms.

Ingenious home ice advantage. They should make it so the middle is changeable and always put the visiting team's logo in it so they have even less space.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I believe that is pretty much standard. I remember when Pittsburgh built their new arena there was a difference.

Read an article about this recently; sort of "Arena Reviews" by players, favorite dressing room setups on the road.... Pittsburgh & Edmonton ranked highly (particularly Edmonton) as did GRA in Glendale Arizona. Some of the visitors dressing rooms are actually quite spacious, lots of room, space. Apparently playing soccer has become a "thing" with players, pre-game, so concourse space adjacent to the dressing rooms also factors in as to how they rate the quality of the facilities.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Read an article about this recently; sort of "Arena Reviews" by players, favorite dressing room setups on the road.... Pittsburgh & Edmonton ranked highly (particularly Edmonton) as did GRA in Glendale Arizona. Some of the visitors dressing rooms are actually quite spacious, lots of room, space. Apparently playing soccer has become a "thing" with players, pre-game, so concourse space adjacent to the dressing rooms also factors in as to how they rate the quality of the facilities.

I think the big difference is in how they make the home teams locker room so nice in new buildings. Only makes sense to attract free agents and keep current ones happy. I imagine in Seattle since the space may be a little more limited that the visitor room would be smaller I am just guessing but it would seem to me space will be at a premium at the new digs.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I think the big difference is in how they make the home teams locker room so nice in new buildings. Only makes sense to attract free agents and keep current ones happy. I imagine in Seattle since the space may be a little more limited that the visitor room would be smaller I am just guessing but it would seem to me space will be at a premium at the new digs.

I would think so (space limited so smaller), ya. No big deal. Their only there for a day & if a tad smaller than Edmonton or wherever, still pretty damn close to 5 Star.... I remember seeing another article written before Vegas had truly completed their arena, it was finished but bare, carpet installed, painted etc.... anyway, the author clearly anti-LV NHL team, pictures of the home dressing room with folding chairs setup temporarily, everything pretty bland as hey, work in progress but this guy didnt care... nasty comments about how it reminded him of his locker room at Middle School a lot only the one at his Middle School was a lot nicer, actually had built in seating, school teams logo painted on the cinder block walls... a water fountain and Coke machine & so on & so on before then laying into T-Mobile Arenas' Medical Room & other facilities with accompanying photos... all unfinished.... incomplete but dont let that stop you. Real nasty stuff..... Everyones a critic. I'm sure OVG will do a bang up job.

Reactions: nwhockeyfan

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY

The "footy" the players engage in is real good for stretching, timing, and anticipation. I used to be good at those drills back in my day, but mine were in fact for soccer.

Long gone are the days of cigarettes and coffee pregame, to get the heart beat up! :(

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
They're both sports.

I was a professional gamer near the eSports infancy (CS/Q3) and the amount of work you need to put in is nuts. Especially in a team environment you are doing a lot of plays that requires a lot of practice.

You're not just casually sitting on a couch. You should see what RTS players do in games:

Just click to about the halfway mark as a lot of the early game they're just doing actions for the sake of keeping their heart rate up and reaction times on point (and minimizing dead time/cool down management)

This stuff is mentally and physically exhausting. There's a reason why there's a lot of gaming deaths, and that's because people don't take the nutrition part seriously even though it's as strenuous to the body as athletic sports.

would you consider chess a sport? I'm curious what you would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad