NHL to Seattle Volume XIV - Seattle sells 26,000 season ticket deposits in 2 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Very good commercial. And did everyone notice they used all Bob Cole calls as opposed to Doc Emrick or Jim Hughson? Me thinks they know who they're trying to attract in this ticket drive....:nod:

Fenway, do you monitor what type of local ad buys teams do with the local TV stations in a market, say the Bruins? Reason I ask is I wonder if Oak View will do a big ad buy with the local stations in the market over the next few days using this ad.

Bob Cole's style is pure emotion. I hate watching a game his calling but when you're selling a product, he's the guy.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
That is a high deposit but if it's refundable should a team not be granted...as unlikely as it is...then there's no risk involved and the goal should be reached soon.

Have they confirmed the goal yet? My understanding it's 14K.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
That is a high deposit but if it's refundable should a team not be granted...as unlikely as it is...then there's no risk involved and the goal should be reached soon.

10K is all I've seen, which is obviously based on the league's goal.

I'm guessing they don't say anything higher than that as a goal until it happens.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

The team isn’t due until 2020 if they are granted a team. I don’t know why people would start paying for season tickets this early.

Reactions: Llama19

DougMellon

Feb 15, 2018
SBnation

Its 100% refundable up until seat selection begins - also, obviously if a team is not awarded to the city.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
The team isn’t due until 2020 if they are granted a team. I don’t know why people would start paying for season tickets this early.
To be higher on the priority list when choosing seats. Our local minor league team did the same thing when they were first announced, and they sold out the sections between the blue lines in a week. I waited and had to settle for defensive zone seats in the middle of a row for the first several years.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

Seattle hasn't even been grated a team and yet causing some concerns among the NHL teams about what they are going to do regarding the Seattle expansion draft in a couple years.

Protect their rising stars or protect their star talent. I'm already expecting Seattle will have a great expansion draft cause its going to be difficult for teams to try to protect certain players both upcoming and current great players.

snovalleyhockeyfan

I'm just the messenger.....
May 22, 2008
North Bend, WA

I believe this is the NBA Kings.

Yes it is.

NBA will return to Seattle, and so will Durant, in Kings-Warriors preseason game, sources say

Voisin's story just published on the SacBee website. Sacramento to play the Golden State Warriors, expected date to be Sat. October 6. The Twitter reaction I have seen has been overwhelmingly negative so we'll have to see if this impacts the NHL ticket drive situation any. Guess here is that this is an NBA test market situation to see what kind of reax they would get from the fans here, and the early returns are not good based again on the Twitter reax. Chris Daniels has not picked the story up yet but he's got a couple of good contacts down there at the Bee so I'd expect him to have something on this shortly.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Yes it is.

NBA will return to Seattle, and so will Durant, in Kings-Warriors preseason game, sources say

Voisin's story just published on the SacBee website. Sacramento to play the Golden State Warriors, expected date to be Sat. October 6. The Twitter reaction I have seen has been overwhelmingly negative so we'll have to see if this impacts the NHL ticket drive situation any. Guess here is that this is an NBA test market situation to see what kind of reax they would get from the fans here, and the early returns are not good based again on the Twitter reax. Chris Daniels has not picked the story up yet but he's got a couple of good contacts down there at the Bee so I'd expect him to have something on this shortly.

I doubt it'll have any impact whats so ever on the ticket drive and i wouldn't really read what those twitter folks think. Some are still not happy cause Key arena plan got picked instead of Sodo arena. NBA doesn't need to test the market, they already know what they would get from here.

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Looking forward to this. I'm so down to cheer on Seattle as my team now that I have moved here. Love this city.

#sodonewiththecanucks

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ and so the rivalry begins. Vancouver being slammed by a guy
from Victoria & a "Defector". A "Border Jumper". Traitor to Nux Nation....

Well, we'll just see about this Gentleman. :fight:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

Yea expect some Canadian fans to do that. Cheaper tickets too.

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006

Haha. Indeed it begins.

Deep down, I'll always want the Canucks to win and succeed but I can't stand current management. Get rid of Linden, Benning and preferably have ownership go through training to not intervene with hockey decisions and then I'll be back on board.

At the same time, I can't wait to have a team with a clean slate that I can cheer for as my home team.

Reactions: Killion

DougMellon

Feb 15, 2018
SBnation
I doubt it'll have any impact whats so ever on the ticket drive and i wouldn't really read what those twitter folks think. Some are still not happy cause Key arena plan got picked instead of Sodo arena. NBA doesn't need to test the market, they already know what they would get from here.

Saw your response to my article on SonicsRising concerning Scott's tweet and awarding a franchise. The league has shown a desire to expedite this process — don't be shocked if that continues.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Saw your response to my article on SonicsRising concerning Scott's tweet and awarding a franchise. The league has shown a desire to expedite this process — don't be shocked if that continues.

Oh I expected the franchise be awarded summer 2018.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !

Because that is one of the leagues requirements.
Besides, everyone would say YES if simply asked for their name and their e-mail. But when you deposit $500-1000 as well, your YES becomes a bit more solid.
I honestly think its fair. People in Vegas did it before the team was granted, why not folks from Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad