Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
giphy.gif
This gif never turns out good when I use it :laugh:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
George McPhee was at our game against Philly. Maybe Vegas is interested in him too.

Green was drafted by McPhee... just like he picked Nate Schmidt, his own guy. I think they played together at Capitals on Green's last season.

Their defence was:

Alzner - Niskanen
Orpik - Carlson
Schmidt - Green
(Orlov)

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
The Canadiens traded Sergachev this season.
Right, and he was traded for a 21-year old, 3rd overall pick who was coming off a promising 50 point season. They could probably get a young defenseman at the cost of Larkin, but that opens an entirely new hole at center.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
If it were possible, I would trade,

1) Mike Green
2) Danny Dekeyser (who would want him though)
3) Tomas Tatar
4) Gus Nyquist
5) Luke Glendening
6) Frans Nielsen (Won't get traded, but how does he help us with poor pt production and that contract?)
7) Justin Abdelkader (We all know he is here to retirement)

In reality I honestly think only Green, and maybe Booth and Mrazek actually get traded.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Still kind of same

- Green for 2018 1st or conditional 1st
- Nyquist (with 1M retain) for 2019 2nd
- Mrazek for 2020 2nd (his 2 shutouts are giving some hope for value again)
- Ouellet for 2019 4th
- Booth for 2020 6th

After trades we have:

Tatar - Zeta - Mantha
AA - Larkin - Bertuzzi
Akader - Nielsen - Glendening
????? - Turgeon - Frk
(Witkowski)

Imo, we could promote Puempel, who is very hot at Griffins.

Kronwall - Daley
DeKeyser - Jensen
Ericsson - Hronek (promoted)
(Hicketts)

Howard
Coreau/McCollum (they could split the role, Red Wings back-up and Griffins starter)

After trades we would have

~5th overall, own 1st
~30th overall, for Green
~34th overall, Ottawa 2nd, from Smith trade (via NYR)
~36th overall, own 2nd
~67 overall, own 3rd
~90 overall, PIT 3rd, for Sheahan
~98 overall, own 4th
no 5th
MTL 6th
DET 6th
no 7th

Det 1st
Det 2nd
another 2nd, for Nyquist
Det 3rd
Det 4th
another 4th, for Ouellet
Det 5th
BUF 5th, for Wilson
Det 6th
Det 7th

Det 1st
Det 2nd
another 2nd, for Mrazek
Det 3rd
Det 4th
Det 5th
Det 5th
Det 6th
another 6th, for Booth
Det 7th

Last edited:

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
The Canadiens traded Sergachev this season.
Which was a mistake. Why would you do that? Sergachev is gonna be a stud. And that's what Montreal lacks is dmen besides an aging Weber. Stupid trade. Especially after the PK Subban one.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Which was a mistake. Why would you do that? Sergachev is gonna be a stud. And that's what Montreal lacks is dmen besides an aging Weber. Stupid trade. Especially after the PK Subban one.
Which means Detroit needs to find another sucker. ;)

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I think this is all attributed to HSJ, but it's hard to tell. But it claims that Green and the goalies and the only players teams might want, and that Detroit will not do a QO on Mrazek:

NHL Rumors: Los Angeles Kings and the Detroit Red Wings

If that's true, it surprises me that neither Nyquist nor Tatar would be of any interest to any other teams. I'd think that a Nashville or a St Louis would want a decent winger.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
And here's more speculation from Spector:

NHL Rumor Mill – January 26, 2018 | Spectors Hockey

LATEST ON THE RED WINGS

THE ATHLETIC: Craig Custance reports an NHL source said the Detroit Red Wings have informed potential trade-deadline buyers that they’re ready to sell now. Unrestricted free agent defenseman Mike Green is the obvious trade candidate but there are others they could move.

The Wings came close last fall to trading goaltender Petr Mrazek to Edmonton but the return at that time wasn’t much, believed to be a mid-round pick. His improved play of late may increase his value. Veteran netminder Jimmy Howard, meanwhile, could also be available. The problem with moving Mrazek or Howard is there isn’t much of a market for goaltenders right now.
Custance speculates the Vegas Golden Knights could be a destination for Green. Golden Knights GM George McPhee knows Green well from their days with the Washington Capitals. If there’s an interest in a Wings’ forward with term remaining on their contract, such as Tomas Tatar or Gustav Nyquist, a trade would be entertained if a deal makes sense now.

Only the Wings young players, such as Dylan Larkin, Anthony Mantha and Andreas Athanasiou, are considered untouchable. Detroit’s blueline must also get younger and better.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: Green is one for certain. He’s got a full no-trade but I can see him waiving it to go to a playoff contender. The Golden Knights are playing well but they could benefit from a rental addition to their blueline. Green’s puck-moving abilities could make him a good fit there if the price is right. So far, however, the Wings haven’t yet approached him about waiving that clause.

A playoff bubble team in dire need of a goaltending upgrade (hello there, New York Islanders) could express interest in Mrazek or Howard. I think Howard might be more enticing to a playoff club. Yes, Mrazek is playing well this month but his previous inconsistency could hurt his value.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
This is good news. Hopefully Green can fetch us a first and we can get some minor picks for a couple of other guys. If we continue to stockpile draft picks we'll put together a decent team eventually. Ottawa's second has turned into a great piece. A package like Green 1st +Ottawa 2nd + 4th rounder could net us a mid-first for either a defenseman that's lasting longer than they should (Smith, Bouchard, Woo etc. Someone will have to last too long) or a forward like Veleno that's been passed over for D. I love having two early seconds. It will give us a lot of opportunity to move around if someone is available where they shouldn't be. This TDL could set us up for a great draft.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
yes, and then everyone we draft will be sent down to GR for 5-6 years, where they will die as hockey players.
The hope is that this team starts drafting a caliber of player who regularly forces their way onto the roster much sooner than that. Larkin did it. Rasmussen and Hronek might be doing so next year. Fingers crossed that the 2018 draft includes at least a couple more guys that make an impact sooner than later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad