Speculation: NHL teams being told Detroit ready to deal

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
First things first, (paywal : TheAthletic) here's the link .

According to an NHL source, the Red Wings have let it be known to potential trade deadline buyers that they’re now ready to sell, and the available players go beyond potential unrestricted free agent Mike Green.

I guess we're going to see some deals here soon, it was inevitable.

Last edited:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
giphy.gif

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I'd be open to trading anyone but Larkin.

i'd definitely like to hold on to Mantha, AA, and Bert but if we can get a very promising young defenseman involving them i'd probably do it

im not expecting any of that to happen, of course. I think we've already discussed the most plausible trade candidates - green, Mrazek/howard, nyquist, and i guess ouellett now

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
do NOT deal away Mrazek

the return will be less than howard and the LONG TERM upside is less

deal away green, howard, dekeyser and one of helm or nielsen

keep abby, tatar, nyquist

retain salary this year and next and year beyond if you can move dekeyser or nielsen

get back a first and at least one second round pick in addition to the stnd later round picks

with saved money sign 1 or 2 2018 UFAS to one year deals to then flip again next TDL

next summer go hard and go big after one of OEL or karlsson

Last edited:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
i'd definitely like to hold on to Mantha, AA, and Bert but if we can get a very promising young defenseman involving them i'd probably do it

im not expecting any of that to happen, of course. I think we've already discussed the most plausible trade candidates - green, Mrazek/howard, nyquist, and i guess ouellett now
Right there with you. Open to trading just about anyone. Love AA's potential but based on his inconsistency the past couple seasons, not sure he'll ever put it all together. That said unless the return is top flight I wouldn't trade him. He's not that expensive, he's young, he's pretty productive.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Right there with you. Open to trading just about anyone. Love AA's potential but based on his inconsistency the past couple seasons, not sure he'll ever put it all together. That said unless the return is top flight I wouldn't trade him. He's not that expensive, he's young, he's pretty productive.
I’m betting most teams feel the same. I’d trade AA for a promising young d-man but in reality he’d return something like Ceci. Bertuzzi and Mantha are also likely worth more to us than they are in trades. Trading any of these kids would be foolish unless some team goes crazy and offers something amazing.

If we can get a late 1st or two picks out of Green, and another few depth picks out of XO/Mrazek/Witkowski/Booth then we’ve done well.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Green and possibly Mrazek those are the only ones i see possibly moving, Maybe Ouellet depends on the interest there.
Yeah, Mckenzie was on NBCSN last night and I can't quote it but he said something how he expected Mrazek to be gone before the deadline. I know there's a lot of people out there that might be against this, but i wouldn't mind if one of Tatar or Nyquist, too.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yeah, Mckenzie was on NBCSN last night and I can't quote it but he said something how he expected Mrazek to be gone before the deadline. I know there's a lot of people out there that might be against this, but i wouldn't mind if one of Tatar or Nyquist, too.
I know at the 2017 TDL there was talk that Chicago, Nashville and Carolina had interest in one of either Nyquist or Tatar probably Tatar more or less over Nyquist though so far Nyquist is having a better season over Tatar thus far. If we could get a nice young D man for either one i'd definitely pull the deal.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Put me in the camp that thinks trading Mrazek over Howard makes no sense. Mrazek will shut us out numerous times over his career.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I trade whichever goalie has the most trade value.

Trade away Green, Nyquist and Tatar and offer to retain some salary for a more favorable draft pick.

Those are the only players with any positive trade value.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I think one of the two goalies is gone before the deadline. Maybe Islanders, Rangers or Blackhawks are looking for help.
Green might be going to Vegas, like Custance said, because of their surplus in picks (especially next year) or LA.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

What team is going to trade a promising young defenseman for any of those players? No one trades promising young defesenmen.

Reactions: Konnan511

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
What team is going to trade a promising young defenseman for any of those players? No one trades promising young defesenmen.
Yeah.

Forwards just have inherently worse value than D.

Look at the Hall trade...(I know Edmonton could have done better, but we also have no one ask good as Hall to trade).

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

Tampa got Sergachev for Drouin. AA and Mantha are probably at a similar level to Drouin. Anyway, this is besides my point which was that I would like to hold on to them but wouldn't hesitate to trade them for the right deal on a defenseman.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Not that we'll ever know except for heresay, I'd really like to know what's being offered. As for Howard or Mrazek, I'd take the best deal offered weighing into consideration what each offers the team in the future

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I'd be open to trading anyone but Larkin.

I think it will be big mistake to trade any of those . Mantha and Bert is going to be solid NHLers . Bert is so hockey smart we should get get his cousin too

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Good. I'm not sure there's a single player I'd be upset to lose (assuming we didn't get killed on value), though I'd prefer to keep Mantha and Larkin.

AA and Mrazek should both be moved before they can walk on their own volition in UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad