League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
1713060755628.jpeg

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Really hard for me to get excited about getting run by the rags in the first round. Any chance they over look us will be countered by Lavi.

Back in the day I used to think of any playoff year a good year, but my bar has been raised.Maybe Charlie gets hot and we wreck someone’s season????? I guess I’ll go with that.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Really hard for me to get excited about getting run by the rags in the first round. Any chance they over look us will be countered by Lavi.

Back in the day I used to think of any playoff year a good year, but my bar has been raised.Maybe Charlie gets hot and we wreck someone’s season????? I guess I’ll go with that.

I would totally love to have a chance to ruin the Rangers playoffs.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Caps win out and they are in

Unfotunately, Boston still has something to play for -- they have to battle off Florida right behind them. Philly are the punching bag of the league atm. So I see the Caps definitely winning one.

But who knows. Didn't expect either the Caps or the Wings to win tonight, and they both did. Any two of the Caps, Isles, Wings and Pens has a chance. Technically Philly also has a chance, but I don't see it. Crazy ending.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
If the Flyers beat us on the last game (and we had beaten Boston) — we’d have exactly the same record. Exactly. Our +/- is worse.

Who makes it? Assuming it matters?
Depends on other factors.
If we beat Boston in Overtime and they beat us in reg, they outplace us
if we beat bos in reg and they beat us in reg, then: we lose to them on head to head
if we beat boston in reg and they beat us in reg but also pens and red wings lose one each in reg; they beat us on goal differential
if pens lose both in reg and red wings only lose one: we make it since we have a winning record over det and phi combined (i believe)
TLDR: don’t lose to philly, it all but eliminates us

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Why is your bar raised when they missed the playoffs last year and had to change coaches for a youth infusion and partial rebuild? This is right where they're supposed to be...fighting for a playoff spot and a chance to advance, maybe.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Why is your bar raised when they missed the playoffs last year and had to change coaches for a youth infusion and partial rebuild? This is right where they're supposed to be...fighting for a playoff spot and a chance to advance, maybe.
Because back then we were never a SC caliber team. Back in the 80s I just wanted to win a series in the first round. Now that we have been a serious contender and have a cup, that’s my bar. I’m not saying that’s what I expected from this season but that is what I expect the goal to be. Squeaking into the playoffs as the worst team is like getting a D in school but being excited it’s not a D-.

I still think they stink and need a lot of help in the rebuild

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
Because back then we were never a SC caliber team. Back in the 80s I just wanted to win a series in the first round. Now that we have been a serious contender and have a cup, that’s my bar. I’m not saying that’s what I expected from this season but that is what I expect the goal to be. Squeaking into the playoffs as the worst team is like getting a D in school but being excited it’s not a D-.

I still think they stink and need a lot of help in the rebuild

The year we won a cup, we were not a favorite. Many thought that our window had closed. I'm not saying that we are in that situation now, but there are plenty of teams who have won despite not being considered a true contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad