League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
No need to take my word for it, go read the Devils board or the Jack Hughes injury thread on the mains. McLeod was the anchor to their bottom six and is one of the best FO guys in the league (65% this year). He’s 6’2” and can really skate as well.
Fair enough then!

Beautiful city and surrounding areas but Mormon omnipresence is not for everyone.
Hey maybe he's looking to add a 2nd wife!

Though from my own experience one was more than enough

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Isn’t the lake drying up there and turning the city into a toxic arsenic dust bowl?

I guess we all have our issues! But this seems like a rather quick development. Mereulos will sell for $1 billion and GTFO. I could see it just happening super fast over the next few weeks
The amount of snow pack the this winter and lasts have brought it back to life but yeah long term who knows.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I have no direct knowledge but I’d assume when he purchased the Coyotes from the NHL there probably was some kind of clause in the contract that they can purchase the team back first? Just pure speculation on my part.
It’s because the NHL is unionized. This is how it works.

But I’d say move to SLC now and give ARI some time to get their shit together. Expansion won’t be coming until they can get the salary cap up. so at least 2 and probably 3 years.

Hey maybe he's looking to add a 2nd wife!

Though from my own experience one was more than enough
I’d rather have multiple houses than multiple wives. Cheaper! Better ROI. Haha.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
It’s because the NHL is unionized. This is how it works.

But I’d say move to SLC now and give ARI some time to get their shit together. Expansion won’t be coming until they can get the salary cap up. so at least 2 and probably 3 years.

I’d rather have multiple houses than multiple wives. Cheaper! Better ROI. Haha.
Less houses to give up in case of divorce also.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

There's also talk that the NHL wants to continue expanding, with as many as 36 teams in the near future. But the list of potential NHL cities now includes Atlanta, Houston, Portland and Kansas City. Even Arizona is expected to get a team again at some point.

However, Quebec City — and Toronto or Hamilton, for that matter — do not appear to be on the NHL’s radar screen.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I don’t think they want to add another Canadian team due to the financial aspect. Plus, we’ve seen a lot of bigger name UFAs flee Canadian teams for American teams.

It sounded like the Coyotes owner will get first dibs on an expansion franchise as long as he can secure an Arena in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

There's also talk that the NHL wants to continue expanding, with as many as 36 teams in the near future. But the list of potential NHL cities now includes Atlanta, Houston, Portland and Kansas City. Even Arizona is expected to get a team again at some point.

However, Quebec City — and Toronto or Hamilton, for that matter — do not appear to be on the NHL’s radar screen.

If they continue to expand then 8 teams in each conference making the playoffs need to be expanded to 10. Have a 5 game series between the bottom 2 teams. I can't imagine playing in Portland as a player now, maybe 20 years ago. Houston has a big population, but seems like a failure for a hockey market. Kansas City tried this before although it was nearly 50 years ago. Arizona is a big flop and the Jets should have stayed put then. I can see Salt Lake City being a destination and I feel they should give Canada more teams, but I'm tired of hearing about the taxes and bailouts. I do like the idea of the Nordiques again, but it would be the Jets 2.0 over again. Hamilton could field a team easily, however too close to Toronto and maybe even dip into Buffalo's market. One thing I would like to see happen asap is changing the OT. It's horrible with 3 on 3. I also like the idea of bringing back the tie.

Edit: I forgot to say no to Atlanta too.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
SLC seems like an intriguing relocation spot. I would love to see the Nordiques get a team. But seems like a never at this point.

Houston seems logical but figure Austin and SA could be locations there also. As far Atlanta I don't know the details on the current arena plans and how attractive it looks. But clearly the ownership group would need to be fantastic considering it is what sunk the last attempt.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Makes more sense for SLC to be in the central than Arizona. Arizona getting kicked from the pacific was bullshit. They should be rivals with LA and Vegas… On expansion they should do…

Atlanta - Metro
Quebec - Atlantic
Houston or KC - Central
Arizona or Portland - Pacific

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Makes more sense for SLC to be in the central than Arizona. Arizona getting kicked from the pacific was bullshit. They should be rivals with LA and Vegas… On expansion they should do…

Atlanta - Metro
Quebec - Atlantic
Houston or KC - Central
Arizona or Portland - Pacific
Can I please request Quebec in the Metro...thanks.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Detroit gets a point and a pp carrying over to OT :(.

And Detroit stays alive thanks to Domi's stupid penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad