League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
And they have no goaltending. McLeod and Hart getting arrested really hurt their respective teams, but that’s the least of their concerns at the moment.
lol seriously?? McLeod is a mediocre (at best) 12th overall pick from 2010 who appears to be a 4th line center similar to our Nic Dowd. I doubt he's hurt the Devils all that much by being unable to play.

Hart - absolutely has hurt the Flyers.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Arizona to Utah seems like it is gaining steam.

The relocation plan, according to sources, would be for the Utah team to play out of the Delta Center, which Smith owns and is also home to the Jazz. The Delta Center has hosted NHL exhibition games five times, with another date scheduled for this coming fall.

However, sources told ESPN that NHL leadership has made it clear to Smith they would need hockey-specific renovations for the Delta Center to be a permanent NHL home, similar to the Kraken owners' renovations to Key Arena before the team arrived. Smith is prepared to help develop that.

Smith’s vision for the NHL in Salt Lake City — whether it’s inheriting the Coyotes or landing an expansion franchise — is quite straightforward.

The team would initially play out of the Delta Center. While the extremely steep curvature of the arena bowl is more conducive to basketball than hockey, at least 11,000 fans can comfortably watch a hockey game inside Delta Center with its current configuration. Team officials say they are aggressively pursuing solutions to add as many new seats as possible for future NHL games.

This would only be a stopgap measure. The eventual plan for Salt Lake City is to move into a state-of-the-art arena that would serve as the anchor point in the downtown core for a region that is experiencing a population boom. Smith grabs his tablet and excitedly points to a map of the Wasatch Front, a narrow corridor that contains the most populous stretch in Utah, and is protected by the Wasatch Mountain Range to the east.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I would love to see a team in SLC. That might be our next home. Love the sun, cold, snow, lakes and big enough city and medical. They want to revitalize downtown SLC and they can put a mega entertainment complex down there. It would do a lot for the city.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
It’s definitely time for the AZ experiment to end, and for Gary’s dream to finally die.

But I have family in PHX, and a younger cousin who grew up in the hockey programs made possible by the initial hockey boom from the Yotes. So, sucks for him - I know he’s pretty resigned to losing the team at this point.

I wanted to visit and catch a game at Mullett. I’ve heard it’s a good time, and cool place to see NHL stars. But I couldn’t make it work this year, and apparently the SLC move could happen as soon as next year. Bummer.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
It’s definitely time for the AZ experiment to end, and for Gary’s dream to finally die.

But I have family in PHX, and a younger cousin who grew up in the hockey programs made possible by the initial hockey boom from the Yotes. So, sucks for him - I know he’s pretty resigned to losing the team at this point.

I wanted to visit and catch a game at Mullett. I’ve heard it’s a good time, and cool place to see NHL stars. But I couldn’t make it work this year, and apparently the SLC move could happen as soon as next year. Bummer.

This isn't the end for Arizona though.

They basically move Arizona to SLC for the price of putting Arizona on the top of the expansion list (when they get an NHL arena).

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Blues up to 89 points with a win over the 'hawks.

Their Playoff hopes are basically all but dead already (Vegas up 3 points and have game in hand), but Blues getting more points would impact Caps (or whoever miss the Playoffs) draft position.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Isn’t the lake drying up there and turning the city into a toxic arsenic dust bowl?

I guess we all have our issues! But this seems like a rather quick development. Mereulos will sell for $1 billion and GTFO. I could see it just happening super fast over the next few weeks

• Haha
Reactions: sycamore

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
lol seriously?? McLeod is a mediocre (at best) 12th overall pick from 2010 who appears to be a 4th line center similar to our Nic Dowd. I doubt he's hurt the Devils all that much by being unable to play.

Hart - absolutely has hurt the Flyers.
No need to take my word for it, go read the Devils board or the Jack Hughes injury thread on the mains. McLeod was the anchor to their bottom six and is one of the best FO guys in the league (65% this year). He’s 6’2” and can really skate as well.

Reactions: PlushMinus

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Who do we root for in Penguins v Red Wings tonight. Red Wings have easier opponents in last 3 games (2 of which are with Montreal) after this but 2 are on the road, while Pens have tougher opponents - but are playing better hockey and get 2 of 3 of those games at home.

Maybe we should just not fret about it and beat the Sabres - which, unfortunately, we rarely do.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Who do we root for in Penguins v Red Wings tonight. Red Wings have easier opponents in last 3 games (2 of which are with Montreal) after this but 2 are on the road, while Pens have tougher opponents - but are playing better hockey and get 2 of 3 of those games at home.

Maybe we should just not fret about it and beat the Sabres - which, unfortunately, we rarely do.
1. TCB (our own business) and get the 2 tonight
2. rooting for DET, since someone's getting 2 either way, let it be DET, nothing would be funnier than PIT blowing it the last game 2 years in a row (plus PIT's got the tiebreaker on everyone rn)

MTL's been playing good with their rookie goalie lately so maybe they take at least 1 of the 2 gms v DET

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
1. TCB (our own business) and get the 2 tonight
2. rooting for DET, since someone's getting 2 either way, let it be DET, nothing would be funnier than PIT blowing it the last game 2 years in a row (plus PIT's got the tiebreaker on everyone rn)

MTL's been playing good with their rookie goalie lately so maybe they take at least 1 of the 2 gms v DET
Yeah Detroit's been flopping around and I don't like their chances even with those two gimme Montreal games. Penguins playing like they're on a mission atm. That must be stopped.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The ownership group for the Coyotes is getting a hell of a deal. Spent $300 million and they are apparently selling it back to the NHL for $1 billion and the NHL will sell to Salt Lake for $1.3 billion. Why? I have no f***ing idea lol but a hell of a return for the owners in Arizona getting a shit load of cash for a dumpster fire

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Kuzy doesn’t care…….
Yep.

Even if he did start to care who knows how hard it'd be to get back to that level? Its been a long time since he was elite.

We got the tiebreaker against Detroit but not Pittsburgh. So not Pittsbrugh for that reason, and a few others.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

Mutual destruction?

Rooting for Caps and Caps only today. We have everything in our hands still and i feel we are going to need a good streak here to finish if we want to get more than 4 Playoff games. Getting hot now, especially goalies and we can steal a series here.

Reactions: Calicaps

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
The ownership group for the Coyotes is getting a hell of a deal. Spent $300 million and they are apparently selling it back to the NHL for $1 billion and the NHL will sell to Salt Lake for $1.3 billion. Why? I have no f***ing idea lol but a hell of a return for the owners in Arizona getting a shit load of cash for a dumpster fire
Why the Coyotes' ownership just can't sell for 1.3 directly to the Salt Lake guy?

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
I would love to see a team in SLC. That might be our next home. Love the sun, cold, snow, lakes and big enough city and medical. They want to revitalize downtown SLC and they can put a mega entertainment complex down there. It would do a lot for the city.
Beautiful city and surrounding areas but Mormon omnipresence is not for everyone.

Reactions: Calicaps

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1712867924813.png

Detroit regulation win, Pittsburgh regulation win, Detroit OTW, and Pittsburgh OTW in that order.

But yeah the Caps winning is the biggest thing.

• Wow
Reactions: um

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Capitalists gonna capitalize.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad