FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The narrative is trying to change
Trump wants to go back to work
Cuomo wants to go back to work

America is going to get wrecked

It'll only further hurt their economy in the long run. More dead people, more people with crippling medical debt, longer time before other countries will open their borders to their people, the fewer people who will go to the US for business or pleasure.

Its the same kind of short term gains mentality that plagues that nation in so many other ways. So incredibly cruel and stupid. They're willing to let Americans die for money that they don't need.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Meanwhile at home, just about everything is considered essential under these provincial guidelines. Pretty freaking stupid.
I'm having a hard time understanding why the beer store is essential, but told my wife it would be given Ford campaigned on dollar beer and legalizing tailgate parties.

Reactions: robsenz

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
I'm having a hard time understanding why the beer store is essential, but told my wife it would be given Ford campaigned on dollar beer and legalizing tailgate parties.

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves"....

we elected him

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think its just a control and appeasement strategy. Let people drink and smoke away at home so they don't go crazy.

The other thing that would happen is if they decided to close them up 1000s of people would be lining up outside the LCBO, dispensaries and beer store today to stock up for weeks, which would then probably cause another spike in infections with the big crowds.

Colorado tried to close their dispensaries and immediately reversed because of the volume and traffic.

Alchohol withdrawal is a pretty serious thing too. There are a shocking amount if functional alcoholics out there.

Reactions: DrEasy and branch

Sens

Jan 7, 2016

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Meanwhile at home, just about everything is considered essential under these provincial guidelines. Pretty freaking stupid.

I disagree... the lockdown is more strict then Germany

who have flattened the curve and began importing cases from Italy and France

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I think its just a control and appeasement strategy. Let people drink and smoke away at home so they don't go crazy.

The other thing that would happen is if they decided to close them up 1000s of people would be lining up outside the LCBO, dispensaries and beer store today to stock up for weeks, which would then probably cause another spike in infections with the big crowds.

Colorado tried to close their dispensaries and immediately reversed because of the volume and traffic.

Alchohol withdrawal is a pretty serious thing too. There are a shocking amount if functional alcoholics out there.
This is already pretty shitty, it would be catastrophically shittier without a stocked liquor cart and a couple cases of beer...

Reactions: bert

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I can see the beer stores and LCBO being considered essential. Weed stores are not essential in any way. We didn't even have them before.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Yeah the government took out a lot of people’s reliance on pot dealers... don’t need thousands looking for a new hookup

Grizwald

Dec 19, 2017
I can see the beer stores and LCBO being considered essential. Weed stores are not essential in any way. We didn't even have them before.

But times have changed. Marijuana extracts like CPD is being used to successfully treat ailments like arthritis and depression. A few friends of mine use it and are now off prescription drugs avoiding those side effects. Marijuana stores are more essential than liquor and beer stores today - not that I want to see those stores shut down, God no…lol

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Trump is yelling about going back to work ("this is fine") because the economy is literally all he had going for him before it started to tank.

This is what's going to happen:

1. Trump is yelling get back to work, this virus is not a big deal
2. The states and governors will refuse to listen to Trump and enforce the lockdowns
3. Because the lockdowns were enforced, the number of deaths will be low
4. Trump will say: See not that many people died. I told you so.
5. His base will think he's a genius, and the fake news media blew this virus out of proportion.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I read it was for health reasons like preventing withdraws

we don’t need the health care system dealing with people going through withdraw

Denver was going to shut them down... took 3hrs to change mind
After panicked crowds swarm Denver liquor stores and dispensaries, mayor reverses order to close both

I guess my thought was grocery stores sell beer and wine... So the beer store in particular seemed ubiquitous given the circumstances. Might be smaller towns don't have a grocery store licenced to sell beer though so i guess that might play in as well as the capacity to cover demand?

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This is what's going to happen:

1. Trump is yelling get back to work, this virus is not a big deal
2. The states and governors will refuse to listen to Trump and enforce the lockdowns
3. Because the lockdowns were enforced, the number of deaths will be low
4. Trump will say: See not that many people died. I told you so.
5. His base will think he's a genius, and the fake news media blew this virus out of proportion.
Its sad but very true.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
We have poutine. And free medical care. ;)

Besides, we're talking about an absolute worst case, end of the world kind of scenario.

Not all likely....but at the same time, if I had told you a year ago that western civilization would essentially be on a lockdown in the spring of 2020, you'd have me fitted for a straight jacket. Kinda crazy how quickly things have gone haywire so far this year....

LOL!!!

Ok, I know we’re nice people and all, but we’re not going to provide ‘free health care’ to invaders!!!

Jesus, Americans aren’t going to flood north to another sick and infected nation that ill resist them at the borders and refuse to treat them if they were to all ‘bulldoze’ us.

Pure foolishness, the US are our closest allies, brothers/sisters like Mingus Dew mentioned.

And as for a lockdown, this is far from crazy, pandemics have been a fear in the radar for government for a long time now, and like major disaster response, you have to wait for it to arrive before responding.

While new, this is hardly unheard of, or unexpected by government or medical professionals. This kind of thing is happened before, just not in our particular, blessed, lifetime and location.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
He is losing a lot of money at the moment, as are his fellow business partners. There is pressure for him to get things back to normal at all costs.

From late 2015 until the 2016 elections, his popularity within the USA has never exceeded 40%.
Since his elections, he has never exceeded 40%.

The other 60% of Americans have a lot of explaining to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad