NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion **Capitals 2017-18 Stanley Cup Champs**

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
It’s Vegas - everything’s a full blown show, no matter how mundane.

First time seeing their home pregame. You have to compare it to what the Isles do. You know, little Jimmy from Boy Scout troop 318 shooting 5 or 6 tee shirts into the crowd from his guest spot on the zamboni. First class all the way Jon .

Reactions: Big L

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I won't be able to look the game the same way if Vegas wins! They play a very disciplined system though..

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
How many playoff games this season have had a goal in the first minute of a period?

Glad Tom Wilson was on the ice for that one after the article in The Athletic pumping up his tires that he’s also got some skill aside from being a thug on the ice.

Reactions: sabremike

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Watching this game tonight, I legit think Vegas is going to win the cup. Tampa basically had nothing for 2 of the 3 periods. They had like 7 shots over the last two periods. The puck was in their end for about 80% of the time and they could not muster anything off the rush whatsoever. Not impressed at all by their win tonight.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Watching this game tonight, I legit think Vegas is going to win the cup. Tampa basically had nothing for 2 of the 3 periods. They had like 7 shots over the last two periods. The puck was in their end for about 80% of the time and they could not muster anything off the rush whatsoever. Not impressed at all by their win tonight.

In fairness, I think they fell into the same trap a lot of teams do when they get a big lead. Instead of continuing to push the pace, they sit back and try and hold on to that lead.

That's what it looked like Tampa did after going up 3-0. Because at one point, they were outshooting the Caps 15-4, but then just sort of stopped doing the stuff that got them out to that lead after the third goal.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

I just don’t see Tampa losing to Vegas at all. I think Vegas will have to win one of those first two in Tampa to have any shot at winning the series

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
The Vegas series while it looks as good as over, is not yet...but, i do not see anyone beating them at this point....one bloody hell of a tenacious team...and as long MAF is playing the way he is...well...

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
I just don’t see Tampa losing to Vegas at all. I think Vegas will have to win one of those first two in Tampa to have any shot at winning the series

I wouldn't count out Vegas right now. We heard that there was no way they'll beat LA. They did. Then we heard that it's not possible they'll win with Sharks. They did. Many didn't give them even one win against the Jets and here we are...

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
This is unreal what is going on. Winnipeg looks like a team that does not even belong in the playoffs as soon as they suddenly face Vegas. Either Gallant and McPhee are the best most brilliant coach/GM combo in history or the rest of the NHL is just a joke.

I mean this same team that beat Nashville last round, cannot even complete passes, cant keep pucks in at the blue line and their PP looks Islander-esque.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
VGK does it. On to the SCF. Didn’t think that would happen.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Derek Engelland picks up the Clarence Campbell Trophy. Oh f***!!!

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Derek Engelland picks up the Clarence Campbell Trophy. Oh ****!!!

Wasn't he with the Penguins when they won? Him, Neal, and Fleury have all picked up the Prince of Wales Trophy, right?

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
It's amazing how many players have had career years with Vegas this year. I think the expansion draft rules certainly gave them the opportunity to be more competitive than most expansion teams. Possibly even a playoff team. But a cup finalist??? Crazy.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Wasn't he with the Penguins when they won? Him, Neal, and Fleury have all picked up the Prince of Wales Trophy, right?

Only Fleury has won a Cup with the Pens on this Vegas team. I think that's why you see Engelland "consult" with him before going over to touch the trophy. Fleury's probably like, "Meh, what do I care? I've got three already".

Engelland, Neal, Perron (and obviously Reaves this year) all played for the Pens before their 2016/2017 back to backs, and after their 2009 Cup. Two of them (Neal and Perron) were traded for guys who ended up having big roles in the back to back Cups (Hornqvist and Hagelin).

Last edited:
Reactions: Lek

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Only Fleury has won a Cup with the Pens on this Vegas team. I think that's why you see Engelland "consult" with him before going over to touch the trophy. Fleury's probably like, "Meh, what do I care? I've got three already".

Engelland, Neal, Perron (and obviously Reaves) all played for the Pens before their 2016/2017 back to backs, and after their 2009 Cup. Two of them (Neal and Perron) were traded for guys who ended up having big roles in the back to back Cups (Hornqvist and Hagelin).

Thanks, I couldn't remember the years they were there. Weird how that has all kind of shaped up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad