NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion **Capitals 2017-18 Stanley Cup Champs**

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Fixed, no way this team is under par. Just like at the Masters, +5 is also known as "just missed the cut."
Of course, that's much better. :)

To take it a step further, if the Isles did "just miss the cut" you know it would be after being +10 and then getting birdies on the last 5 holes. Then they'd miss all the flights out of town while they waited to find out that they missed the cut. So they'd be stuck at the tournament another day and then have to fly coach.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Of course, that's much better. :)

To take it a step further, if the Isles did "just miss the cut" you know it would be after being +10 and then getting birdies on the last 5 holes. Then they'd miss all the flights out of town while they waited to find out that they missed the cut. So they'd be stuck at the tournament another day and then have to fly coach.

At least they aren't getting killed out there!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Time for the Flyers to pull Elliott and put in Mrazek the Sieve.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Wow, Manning with a cheap shot on Malkin. Then Laughton gets called for a slash, they just can't get out of their own way.

Reactions: eoin92

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I love the way Winnipeg is built. Great young goalie. Tons of speed skill AND size. They are going to be a powerhouse for years to come and a tough out this year. A predators-jets series would be epic.

Reactions: BTrotts19

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
They shouldn’t have made the playoffs. They got in thanks to all the loser points they got. Weakest playoff team in this year’s dance.

They have no answer for Malkin, Crosby, and Kessel with Gudas and AMac on their back end.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Just tuning in now, anyone watching the Jets Wild game?

I was watching both on dual display. But WPG exclusively now. They’re the team I’m most interested in these playoffs. They’re totally taking over the game now.

Isles have a lot of work to do to get to this level.

Laine is the closest player I’ve seen to Bossy

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I was watching both on dual display. But WPG exclusively now. They’re the team I’m most interested in these playoffs. They’re totally taking over the game now.

Isles have a lot of work to get to this level.

Laine is the closest player I’ve seen to Bossy

Minnesota just doesn't have the pieces to keep up with Winnipeg over a series I think. They're just dominating and dictating the play. Dubnyk is playing well though.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
They had a great season and I think the guys they drafted are progressing well, but if I were a Bruins fan it would be tough to get past the idea that they could have Barzal and Kyle Connor playing together on a line.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I hate Pittsburgh but I love nothing more than seeing Philly lose. I hate Philly fans.

They are both despicable but I hate Pens fans more, probably because they've had some much success, and because on the BS Malkin, Letang and Crosby pull and they justify it

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Minnesota just doesn't have the pieces to keep up with Winnipeg over a series I think. They're just dominating and dictating the play. Dubnyk is playing well though.

I’d give Minnesota a very small advantage on experience. But after that the Jets top players have the advantage over the Wild. The Jets secondary players (Lowry, Armia) look pretty impressive too.

This empty net is nerve wracking!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad