NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion **Capitals 2017-18 Stanley Cup Champs**

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
That was the lamest effort for a home team in a Game 7 that I can remember.

Whole series was Tampa putting in a bad effort. The only game I think they really controlled was 5. Such a shame they couldn't do anything game 6 or 7.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
That was the lamest effort for a home team in a Game 7 that I can remember.
This is what i have been saying all series and I get criticized for saying the Caps deserved to win. They have out played Tampa for nearly the entire series.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Whole series was Tampa putting in a bad effort. The only game I think they really controlled was 5. Such a shame they couldn't do anything game 6 or 7.

Nothing sweeter than 5 little ex Rangers crying all the way home .

Maybe JT gets some lovin feeling about the Islanders after seeing OV make it to his first finals. OV on ice after the game said he couldn't wait to play for the cup in front of his home fans.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
This is what i have been saying all series and I get criticized for saying the Caps deserved to win. They have out played Tampa for nearly the entire series.

Nobody criticized you for saying they deserved to win, they criticized you because you're rooting for them to win after ripping people for rooting for the Devils. The Devils are the lesser of those two evils and you gave all of those guys such a hard time about it.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006

For such a talented team, their passing was horrifically bad. It really stood out in contrast to VGK. Kucherov among many other Bolts looked pedestrian.

This group of Caps is definitely different from years past. Far more resilient.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
For such a talented team, their passing was horrifically bad. It really stood out in contrast to VGK. Kucherov among many other Bolts looked pedestrian.

This group of Caps is definitely different from years past. Far more resilient.

I was really unimpressed with Stamkos this series. Tampa was doing too many "hope" plays, just throwing things at the net and weren't willing to battle for the spots that will let you score off of those plays. Everything to the slot area was eaten up by the defense and the Tampa players just coasted through.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I was really unimpressed with Stamkos this series. Tampa was doing too many "hope" plays, just throwing things at the net and weren't willing to battle for the spots that will let you score off of those plays. Everything to the slot area was eaten up by the defense and the Tampa players just coasted through.

Yep, that really stood-out too....the “hope” and slot play. The last two games the inefficiency in the slot was exceptionally noticeable.

Kind of early, but I can see this costing Cooper’s job. I wouldn’t be surprised if Vigneault surfaces with TB.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Yep, that really stood-out too....the “hope” and slot play. The last two games the inefficiency in the slot was exceptionally noticeable.

Kind of early, but I can see this costing Cooper’s job. I wouldn’t be surprised if Vigneault surfaces with TB.

I was talking to my friends about Tampa the other day. What do they do now? They "went for it" this year by bringing in McDonagh and they came up pretty flat when it mattered most. Tons of UFAs after next season so I wonder if they sell some off now and re-structure the roster significantly.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I agree with the comments about TB's play. The last 2 games they were playing like it was October. Lots of fancy, stupid plays. Perimeter and one-on-one stuff too. They were just not playing with the intensity or commitment required to win a playoff series.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
I think I just need to stop rooting for anyone, because I wanted a Tampa vs. Winnipeg final and here we are.

That said, I don't think I'm even able to choose. f*** the Caps, but I want Ovi to lift the Stanley Cup at least once in his career, because he deserves it. On the other hand, if the Knights win, the main boards are gonna be sooo much fun. And it would be cool for MAF and I like the guy.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Wheels fall off the wagon for Vegas. Caps in 6. Full disclosure, I have been drinking.

Reactions: Instant

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Oh look, the puck was in the same zip code as Marchessault... That's good enough for Wilson to throw a hit.

Reactions: Eberzal

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
You can tell it is at the point where Wilson cannot even control himself. I dont believe that none of his teammates have an issue with him by now. His crap always causes a distraction and sideshow, not to mention it puts his teammates at risk for retaliation. It is a shame because there is really no reason to dislike the rest of the Caps team besides that ass.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Let’s play a game! $1,000,000 to anyone that can name a bigger POS in the NHL today than Tom Wilson?

What a rat he is. Such a late and unnecessary hit to one of Vegas best players.

Trying to win by injuring the other teams top players. What gutless punk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad