GDT: NHL Entry Draft GDT Part 2: Pick number 30 edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostofKenKlee

Omg!!!! Another forward!!!! What the hell conte????? Your 12th one out of the last 17!!!! Are you nuts????

WTF, Conte what are doing? He could be another GRINDER and we have like a drawer full of them......Moar 50 goalz scorerzzzzz pleazeee..

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I look forward to reading your daily whining all summer and all next season. You are starting to sound predictable.

I was responding to the fact that he posted four defensemen have been taking the three drafts when fans are here moaning about the abudance of defensemen drafted by the defensemen and his chart shows 11 forwards.

You are right, why aren't they drafting Crosbys and Malkins in later rounds is beyond me.

hey if you're happy with the direction of the organization right now then more power to you.

I like to live in reality

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
In the Devils last 3 drafts, including this one, they have drafted:

11 Forwards(Matteau, Johnson, Thompson, Black, Kerfoot, Gavrus, Kujawinski, Wood, Bell, Quenneville, Chatham)
4 Defenseman(Severson, Santini, Jacobs, Rehill)
1 Goalie(Brodeur)

So can we cut the "Another Defenseman?" crap, please?

Except three of the defensemen are relatively high (2nd round) picks, and most of the forwards are lower-round lottery tickets.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
ive actually seen dudek play. at last years select 17 development camp (where they pick the hlinka squad). very smooth skater and has a certain slickness about his game. first pretty solid pick of the draft, sad. kinda reminds me of kris versteeg a bit i think, faster than versteeg but not as gritty.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Dudek is the son of a Heisman Trophy finalist. Going to Boston College.

As important as it was for Dudek to improve his play in the defensive zone and become better on face-offs, that won't be the first thing that comes up when a scout talks about his game.

Dudek, who transferred to KUA from Pinkerton Academy, is a very gifted offensive player who does many things well in the scoring areas.

"Joey has elite-level skill and skating. He's poised, sees the ice well and makes smart decisions with the puck," said Whitehead.

Dudek, who battled through injuries, was the captain for Kimball Union's run to the New England Small School Prep Championship.

"He was our captain. He was an integral part of our team. He's the most dynamic center in New England. He really has an impact on the game," said Whitehead, who compared Dudek to Spencer Abbott, his former Hobey Baker Hat Trick finalist at Maine who now plays in the Toronto Maple Leafs organization.

Another similarity to Abbott was seen when Whitehead moved Dudek to the point on the power play. "It was his first time back there. He adjusted immediately and was very good for us on the power play," said Whitehead.

Dudek isn't the type of player who is noticeably physical, but he uses his strength to protect the puck and win battles along the boards.

"He's deceptively strong. He's a big, smooth kid who will fill out," Whitehead explained.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/201...ston-college-recruit-kua-hockey-kimball-union

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Except three of the defensemen are relatively high (2nd round) picks, and most of the forwards are lower-round lottery tickets.

True, but I think Santini and Severson were too hard to pass up at that point in time. Maybe Jacobs turns out to be the same.

GhostofKenKlee

hey if you're happy with the direction of the organization right now then more power to you.

I like to live in reality

What is your reality? That the Devils haven't drafted well after the lockout in post losing the Scotts and Coach Burns? I never argued that.

The franchise surviving the Vanderbeek era and the loss of Parise and Kovalchuk. IF you can't admit they have gotten better at getting players and bringing and addressing alot of needs ie Schneider, than I can't help you there.

I like the direction and the correction that has been made in the last few seasons and the greenshoots in the picks on defense in players like Severson and others. Again, they are greenshoots.

The problem is for fans like you believe in your own delusions, which is not reality. Keep repeating them daily, nothing like daily reinforcement of opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad