OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Happy to see the Bolts lose. They don’t have the depth like they used to. They went all in during their window, and now they’re paying for it.

Last edited:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Would like to see Edmonton get eliminated but think they'll get to the WCF at least. Would like to see Dallas beat Vegas and then beat Colorado. Florida or Carolina in the East for me.

Reactions: Turin and Andy99

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
The Hawks and Pens say, “hello.”
Tbf it’s why I don’t get as outraged over our demise as maybe others. Sure there’s definitely some self inflected wounds (not firing Sullivan, Hextall’s tenure, etc) but some of this is also the natural progression of going for it every year for nearly 20 years. Happened to us and the Hawks, happening to the Caps, happened to the Wings and it’s going to happen to the Lightning. Give it another 10 years and it’ll be happening to the Avalanche.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't think anyone takes issue with going all-in for years. It's the whole "spend premium assets for 3rd liners like Zucker, Kapanen, Brassard, etc." thing that really killed this team. And the psychotic and bewildering loyalty to a loser coach like Sullivan.

It was objectively the right choice to throw caution to the wind and try to make the absolute most out of the finite Sid/Geno window. They simply made every wrong decision about who to chase for about six or seven years running now. /shrug

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's gonna be so funny if Matthews pulled a Patrick Roy and just said "f*** this team, I'm sick of it, trade me cuz I'm not playing again." :laugh:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer fanbase; potentially losing both of Matthews and Marner in one off-season.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
3-1 Canes in the first. Isles with 4 shots. This one's over. I'm trying to imagine any circumstances/team in which I could be a Kuzsnortsov fan, and I'm coming up blank.

Reactions: Doctor Coffin

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It just sucks the Bruins are going to advance.
I pretty much can't stand anybody in the East's playoff bracket so it's whatever. I suppose the Panthers irk me the least, and I want the pick to be upgraded to a 1st if the Canes make the SCF, so those are my begrudging picks, but by no means do I want either team to win. :laugh:

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
I pretty much can't stand anybody in the East's playoff bracket so it's whatever. I suppose the Panthers irk me the least, and I want the pick to be upgraded to a 1st if the Canes make the SCF, so those are my begrudging picks, but by no means do I want either team to win. :laugh:
I have a soft spot for the Panthers, sans 1996, so I'm rooting for them.

I have a Jagr Panthers shirt, too, so I can pretend like I'm a long time fan.

And yes, I'd be fine with Carolina making it to the Finals just because it helps the Pens. They are also the closest team to my geographical location.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
1714522770316.png

Lol f*** off Isles. DIEEEEEEEEEE

• Haha
Reactions: Extra Texture

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I have a soft spot for the Panthers, sans 1996, so I'm rooting for them.

I have a Jagr Panthers shirt, too, so I can pretend like I'm a long time fan.

And yes, I'd be fine with Carolina making it to the Finals just because it helps the Pens. They are also the closest team to my geographical location.
The Avs have been my second team since the days of Sakic, Forsberg and Roy so they're forever my fallback. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad