GDT: NHL Draft Lottery 2019 - 8PM - NBCSN,SN,TVAS (upd: NJ 1st, NYR 2nd, CHI 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
They are dynamic players.

Your argument is now that Hughes is not dynamic? Jesus... I get that suddenly falling off cloud 9 after getting these odds for a traded pick and then losing the lottery doesn't feel nice but this is some idiotic argumentation right here. Just be happy you got a 4th overall pick among other major assets for Matt Duchene.

Last edited:

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I'm supposed to care that he retired? A risk your team incurred when they signed him.

i don’t care what you care about. you said the league let us off the hook. i explained that the league had nothing to do with his retirement- he was free to retire just like any other player. in what way did they let us off the hook?

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Your argument is now that Hughes is not dynamic? Jesus... I get that suddenly falling off cloud 9 after getting these odds for a traded pick and then losing the lottery doesn't feel nice but this is some idiotic argumentation right here. Just be happy you got a 4th overall pick among other major assets for Matt Duchene.
I didn't say that. Read my comments.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
What a terrible outcome for NYI.

Why? Isles are in the playoffs and future is looking good.

The Devils and Rangers caught some luck. Good for them. I think Hughes and Kakko will be really good players but not the game breakers we are used to seeing go 1-2.

At the end of the day personally I feel they will be a better version of the Patrick/Hischier picks. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if one of Cozens or Dach become the best player in the draft.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
first time we have been in the top 3 post expansion.

We don't EVER have high picks.

Also, Good for the Blackhawks. I'm happy a team that actually tries gets a top-3 pick.

As a Rangers fan--the draft has never been the thing for us that it's been for other teams. We have one top 5 pick (Pavel Brendl) since the 1968 expansion and before '68 the draft wasn't much of a draft as most all of the 'amateur' players pre-1968 were property of teams that were sponsored by the original 6 teams and being sponsored they were the property of those teams.

The Rangers have also been trying to do things the right way. Last year I think AV was the one who lost interest in winning after the deadline--he f***ing sulked--not the team. This year Quinn pushed them right to the last game and yeah some of the games we won we were outplayed and the goalies kind of stole but the team as a whole would plug away resiliently anyway. I don't like this feeling sorry for yourself--you got to try to win every night and it's important to the younger players to know that they can compete against better teams and have a chance. Those were good lessons even if they pushed us a little farther down the draft order. I think our younger guys are going to benefit from that in the long run. Anyway I like Quinn--one of his first messages was it's not acceptable to not have each other's backs. That wasn't the case in the previous regime. The mentality of this team is really good.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Hischier didn't even have a down year. He had a higher PPG than his rookie year. So many of our top 6 players were out this season, Hall being the most detrimental obviously. So he had no one two play with. If the rest of the Devils stay healthy and Hischier doesn't miss 13 games then he easily scores 60-65 points if not more. Besides all that coulda, woulda, shoulda stuff he was still one of if not the best penalty killer on the team. While also being the best two way player along with Zajac. Nico will be fine and I still take him number 1.
Yeah, look at the Devils injury woes. For the last game of the season our "top line" was Hischier centering Kenny Agostino and Blake Coleman.

The fact he outpaced his rookie year (which was quietly historic in terms of his 5-on-5 play, he did better at ES than any non-McDavid 1st OA in their D+1 years has in the past decade) is pretty incredible. He didn't have Hall to shelter him the second half of the year and still produced playing with scrubs.

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Yeah, look at the Devils injury woes. For the last game of the season our "top line" was Hischier centering Kenny Agostino and Blake Coleman.

The fact he outpaced his rookie year (which was quietly historic in terms of his 5-on-5 play, he did better at ES than any non-McDavid 1st OA in their D+1 years has in the past decade) is pretty incredible. He didn't have Hall to shelter him the second half of the year and still produced playing with scrubs.

Hischier is a very good player already. To be honest Coleman is a good player too--though maybe not someone you want on your top line.

Reactions: AfroThunder396

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Notice the time stamp. This was legitimately leaked about 30 mins before the tv air time. As a Sabres fan I didn’t want to believe it at the time, but it was 100% accurate.

Someone screwed up big time...

Btw, sorry if this was already posted.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I find it hilarious that one Hawks fan that shit talks all year about teams being a lottery contender suddenly talks about how great the lottery is. Then again, is it shocking when you look at who it is?

I feel for Hawks fans to have someone like that.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I hate this lottery system. Sure, we're a playoff team with a top four pick, but it's due to a trade. Hearing fans of teams like Montreal, who barely missed and had 90-something points, talk about how they could get Kakko and actually knowing they do have a legitimate shot. Just feels wrong.
how did that work out for the habs

Reactions: Kdotsection88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad