GDT: NHL Draft Lottery 2019 - 8PM - NBCSN,SN,TVAS (upd: NJ 1st, NYR 2nd, CHI 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Simple solution is to shrink the odds and strictly make it between teams 1-6 for lottery format

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I am a little bothered by what the only media member allowed into the room where the numbers were drawn reported. Everybody in the room had to stay there until the actual announcement - BUT TWO PEOPLE DID LEAVE

Inside the 2019 NHL Draft Lottery Room - Sportsnet.ca

Ten teams in the running for the No. 1 pick didn’t have anybody in attendance in that room on Tuesday. “People don’t want to be locked in here for one and a half hours,” Bettman said, although he preferred the set-up on Tuesday compared to previous Lottery rooms he’d been locked in. “It’s a little nicer than the room last year,” he said, with special mention of the fancy brick wallpaper, which he called “the brick façade.”

The commissioner and his grandson had already left the room before the top three picks were announced on TV.

Another thing - in past years Daly had to open an envelope for each pick - this year all he did was flip the card to the camera

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
I have seen highlights of both Hughes and Kakko. My thoughts.

With Hughes, I see a game-changing highly skilled playmaker who skates around the ice as if it were a circus. So dynamic. Generates tons of chances for himself and his teammates. An all-around offensive machine.

With Kakko, I see a speedy winger, that plays well around the net. Has an average shot. Hustles on every play. Most of his scoring seems to come off opportunistic bounces.

I just see Hughes as a clearly (tier above) better all around player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad