GDT: NHL Draft 2017

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Overagers have definitely been getting drafted more and more these past few years.

Especially higher in the draft.

Makes sense with the cap, teams need cheap depth and even if a player has less upside he can still be valuable as a 4th liner or 3rd pair D.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Can't get enough Eetu's? Is there anymore available?

It's a name with history. Not many people know it, but Julius Caesar himself had one in his retinue, a real hulk of man. When they assassinated him, he tried call for help from Eetu the brute, but, alas, to no avail.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I bet we did offer 12th plus d prospect plus forward prospect for Duchene.

Then Sakic said, "Naw, how 'bout 12th plus Hanifin?".

15 minutes later RF realized Sakic was dead set on that price tag, not negotiating. *click*

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

15 minutes later RF realized Sakic was dead set on that price tag, not negotiating. *click*

My guess as well. I mean I can't blame Sakic for aiming high but he's going to get to Eric Staal trade return soon

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Duchene must have Stockholm Syndrome at this point or something, if I were him I would've gone public demanding a trade by now.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

I hope RF's response was "for MacKinnon?"

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Meanwhile the Avs are having kind of a strange draft, seems like they're reaching for a lot of boom-or-bust types. Not sure that's the strategy to use coming off one of the worst seasons in league history.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Clearly Duchene will get traded to the Islanders. Everyone will talk about how great an addition will be for Tavares, when in a shocking second move NYI trades Tavares to Carolina (with a fat new $8-9 million contract) for Hanifin++.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Clearly Duchene will get traded to the Islanders. Everyone will talk about how great an addition will be for Tavares, when in a shocking second move NYI trades Tavares to Carolina (with a fat new $8-9 million contract) for Hanifin++.

They gonna need to add Sebastian Aho.

And no, there will be no switch.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Duchene must have Stockholm Syndrome at this point or something, if I were him I would've gone public demanding a trade by now.

It's astonishing that Sakic has bungled this so bad that we're at the point where a public trade demand is the only way a trade gets done. Like, how can you be this bad at your job?

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
It's astonishing that Sakic has bungled this so bad that we're at the point where a public trade demand is the only way a trade gets done. Like, how can you be this bad at your job?

Exactly. Sakic has a problem yet he continues to let it fester. Horrendous management.

I hope he goes into next year with this same squad and starts the season 0-20 with 5 losses to Vegas. He deserves it.

And kudos to Francis for not giving in to ridiculous demands. Wait him out Ronnie. He has to come around eventually.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I think we should just keep Honeyfinn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad