NHL 19 Information/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Will be the first NHL game I played since NHL 14. Before that was one of the PC releases. I'm hoping for Frostbite to actually see some decent graphics on a PS4 Pro.

I don't think releasing NHL on PC would be a very good idea, I think it would kill the franchise. For one its so easy to pirate things even with Denuvo on it now. On top of that there aren't many gameplay changes from one NHL game to the next given their small development team size. Mod in your own roster updates and you could be playing the PC version for 5+ years all the while having the same game as NHL 24.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
People that make this game are so clueless. I've stopped buying it and wait for it to hit EA access. I'm done giving them money.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it

they've never done it like this before. Releasing, first gameplay trailer, cover athlete, official release date, and first info all at once at the awards. Makes me think something bigger than normal is brewing. Hopefully, plus this trailer kinda gives me a Frostbite feel.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
That kid could get frostbite playing out there...right? That's what they're hinting at? Please?

Used to play these games obsessively, haven't owned one since 16 and didn't play that one much...has felt like the same game since XB360 days...

either that, or it's a hint at a story mode starting on a pond. Hopefully both

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Probably Subban. Stared at both pictures for the past 5 minutes and it looks identical

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I've heard that it is actually Crosby's choice not to be a cover athlete for a game. Maybe he was just as disappointed as I was when he played this game and vowed not to associate himself with a crappy hockey game.

wayne-gretzky-hockey-usa.png

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
So bad ... Especially since, if memory serves, it came out AFTER NES Hockey and Blades of Steel, both of which were vastly superior hockey games.

Wayne Gretzky Hockey 64 was okay for an arcade hockey game.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010

they've never done it like this before. Releasing, first gameplay trailer, cover athlete, official release date, and first info all at once at the awards. Makes me think something bigger than normal is brewing. Hopefully, plus this trailer kinda gives me a Frostbite feel.

New mode/feature: Practice mode now outdoors on an isolated lake in Saskatchewan.

Also, a roster update. That is all. $80 please, then buy AlL oF tEh PaX!1omg

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Wonder if 2 way contracts still somehow mean exempt from waivers in NHL 19..

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Will be the first NHL game I played since NHL 14. Before that was one of the PC releases. I'm hoping for Frostbite to actually see some decent graphics on a PS4 Pro.

I don't think releasing NHL on PC would be a very good idea, I think it would kill the franchise. For one its so easy to pirate things even with Denuvo on it now. On top of that there aren't many gameplay changes from one NHL game to the next given their small development team size. Mod in your own roster updates and you could be playing the PC version for 5+ years all the while having the same game as NHL 24.
Hahaha.... nice joke. The improtant time of sale are the first 2 months. In that time the most money is made. After that only little. That is why Bethesda got rid of Denuvo after 2 months. I have played many pirated games in my live and i have a pirated version of Fifa 18. But remember Fifa 17 was never realy cracked and games like Forza Horizon 3 or Forza motorsport had only Bypasses (until last week i think) but those bypasses work better thatn the regular game. I had the bypass and bought the game (forza horizon 3) for pc (also bought AoE Remasterd) and it works crappy. really crappy.
And Mods for Ea games? Which are always online? Never.
PES has that and it works brilliantly. you can play Iraq against iran or South against North Corea. That is awesome ;D
NHL for pc would be awesome. It will not kill the franchise but make it better.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
2K still has the license. They released that mobile game in 2016 or whatever.

I was watching this NHL video game history thing on 2K7 and 2K10, and it’s a shame 2K got flack for their graphics, because while they weren’t the nicest, the gameplay and players moved a whole lot smoother than in NHL 18 even.

Plus, they do offline modes a hell of a lot better as well.

If 2K decided to come back for say, 2020, I’d almost certainly be buying that game, rather than EA’s.

Same thing with PES. PES is awesome. The physics, the movement of the players. But they lack the license. Even though you can mod that easily into the game and the community helps out very much, many players think of PES as the inferior game. I have it, because i want to play awesome matchups like: Iran vs Iraq ;D , North vs South Korea, Pakistan vs India ;D

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
They actually fixed that. I'm not sure what year they did it, but it isn't true in NHL 18.

I believe it was NHL 17 they changed it to being the correct way, and then NHL 18 allowed extensions at any time (within a year of free agency)

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
My Prediction:
The game gets a release for Nintendo Switch, along with special stuff for the Nintendo Switch version because of course.
A brand new Story mode somewhat along the lines of NHL Slapshot where you can start your story from an age of 5 to an age of 17.
Improved Franchise Mode because that is their focus every year.

Not my expectation, just my prediction

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
They actually fixed that. I'm not sure what year they did it, but it isn't true in NHL 18.
Unless they fixed it in some update, it absolutely is still true still.
in my 32nd expansion team I can throw 6-7 year vets to the AHL without waivers.

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
Unless they fixed it in some update, it absolutely is still true still.
in my 32nd expansion team I can throw 6-7 year vets to the AHL without waivers.

I believe waivers kicks in a few days before the first game of the season each year. If you’re moving players up and down in preseason, they don’t have to go on waivers to stay in the minors. Once the season starts though, it’s in effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad