NHL 19 Information/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Take with a grain of salt.

These are just rumors from the EA email.

No gm connected

New collision physics

New 1 on 1 battles, big hits and stick collisions (finally)

Lots of new 3 on 3 stuff, bigger hits, powerups, player unlocks etc.

Updated scouting system to be more in depth and hire\fire scouts

500 legends and Greatest of all time teams

Real player movement tech

Real player differentation (Crosby and Mcdavid should play entirely different and not feel like the same player)

New broadcast and commentators

Revamped be a superstar(cutscenes, personal choices, non linear driven, legendary cameos)

Be a GM don’t have micro transactions so duh lol

So they are going to have bumped up hitting sliders yay!!

Even more added to the hit slider yay!!!

Oh gawd now I have to hire 4 scouts while I sim when they added gimmicks to scouting that’s still broken.

Yay more hut micro transactions

What, they bring in Zach Stortini so we can punch someone in the face 3 times in first person.

What the point of player differentiation when everyone is 80 overall? Promised this crap with the Sedins a few years ago and everyone played the same still.

Sweet, get to hear the same dozen lines repeated.

It’s going to be 3 text options with the 2nd always being the correct answer ain’t it? With 5 cutscenes with cheese dialogue and subpar voice acting.

This is literally a copy paste from a NHL 10-12 “improvements.”

Ea can piss off is this true, they just tweaked a few things and slapped a new cover on NHL 18.

GrnEggsNHam

Mar 10, 2015
Please remove the invisible roster limitations in BEAGM mode. It's annoying having to sign ELC's in free agency because they say the roster is full during re-sign phase when it isn't... It's been around since NHL 14 and probably before that, LMAO worst development team ever assembled!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If this game isn't on frostbite then it isn't worth it.

The main problem with NHLs 15-18 is the crappy engine the game is built on. Makes everything feel wonky as ****. Skaters skating at the speed of an old person with a walker, completely random and probably unintended physics screw ups.

Reactions: G0bias and RABBIT

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If this game isn't on frostbite then it isn't worth it.

The main problem with NHLs 15-18 is the crappy engine the game is built on. Makes everything feel wonky as ****. Skaters skating at the speed of an old person with a walker, completely random and probably unintended physics screw ups.

The survey's are usually a good indicator of what is coming.

Pretty much all of those survey options would require the Frostbite engine.

Heck, even the 500+ Legends probably couldn't even happen on the current engine.

eli J

Claw Machine broke
Nov 14, 2010
Moncton, NB
The survey's are usually a good indicator of what is coming.

Pretty much all of those survey options would require the Frostbite engine.

Heck, even the 500+ Legends probably couldn't even happen on the current engine.

We can only hope. The last time the game felt new to me was the skating overhaul in.. what... NHL 12 or 13? And even then, most of it was still identical, but at least the skating made it feel loads different.

The jump to PS4/XBOne has done nothing for me. I used to be stupid enough to buy these yearly, but I've only purchased one, NHL17, since it jumped to PS4 and even on that I burned out quick. It's so clear they are STILL running the same damn game engine as like NHL 09 with a decade of frankenstein tweaks and lighting upgrades sewn onto it's shambling, desiccated corpse.

I wish this shit sold like FIFA so we'd see some damn money invested into it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
We can only hope. The last time the game felt new to me was the skating overhaul in.. what... NHL 12 or 13? And even then, most of it was still identical, but at least the skating made it feel loads different.

The jump to PS4/XBOne has done nothing for me. I used to be stupid enough to buy these yearly, but I've only purchased one, NHL17, since it jumped to PS4 and even on that I burned out quick. It's so clear they are STILL running the same damn game engine as like NHL 09 with a decade of frankenstein tweaks and lighting upgrades sewn onto it's shambling, desiccated corpse.

I wish this **** sold like FIFA so we'd see some damn money invested into it.

The World Championships are doing really well I guess, which helps put eyes onto the product, and the NHL has already expressed interest in a E-Sports NHL League.

Hopefully, both of those things continue to progress forward, and EA starts to see it as a game to put effort into

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

phillyb

Jan 21, 2014
This video does a decent job at showing you how much better the graphics are on frostbite. Beyond that, idk

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
can someone explain what frostbite is and why they want it so bad?

It’s a stronger game engine. Not only would the graphics blow your mind, but the physics would become so much better. For such a quick game like hockey, it’s something that would improve the gameplay more than say Soccer or Football.

Not too mention, with a stronger engine, more becomes possible. The story be-a-pro’s in FIFA/Madden are because of the Frostbite engine.

Another factor is that the Frostbite engine makes it easier for cross development. So it’s easier for say, the FIFA dev who works on the franchise scouting, to then import and implement it into the NHL game for the NHL series, if that makes sense

At the end of the day, the game engine only opens up more opportunities for the development of the game, but it largely still comes down to what the development team does with it.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
It’s a stronger game engine. Not only would the graphics blow your mind, but the physics would become so much better. For such a quick game like hockey, it’s something that would improve the gameplay more than say Soccer or Football.

Not too mention, with a stronger engine, more becomes possible. The story be-a-pro’s in FIFA/Madden are because of the Frostbite engine.

Another factor is that the Frostbite engine makes it easier for cross development. So it’s easier for say, the FIFA dev who works on the franchise scouting, to then import and implement it into the NHL game for the NHL series, if that makes sense

At the end of the day, the game engine only opens up more opportunities for the development of the game, but it largely still comes down to what the development team does with it.

cool, sounds amazing. thanks for the info!

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I heard on one youtube video there is gamechanger event in Vancouver this weekend, maybe we will get some infos about NHL 19 :)

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Hopefully we get Hughson and Simpson, i'm tired of Doc.

NHL 14: "Will it be icing? It is, based on the defense arriving first."
NHL 15: "Will it be icing? It is, based on the defense arriving first."
NHL 16: "Will it be icing? It is, based on the defense arriving first."
NHL 17: "Will it be icing? It is, based on the defense arriving first."
NHL 18: "Will it be icing? It is, based on the defense arriving first."
NHL 61: "Will it be icing? It is, based on the defense arriving first."

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
NHL 14: "Will it be icing? It is, based on the defense arriving first."
NHL 15: "Will it be icing? It is, based on the defense arriving first."
NHL 16: "Will it be icing? It is, based on the defense arriving first."
NHL 17: "Will it be icing? It is, based on the defense arriving first."
NHL 18: "Will it be icing? It is, based on the defense arriving first."
NHL 61: "Will it be icing? It is, based on the defense arriving first."

He wasn't in 14 I don't think?

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Sitting on what feels like an unfinished product with close to no effort or updates in a bug and glitch-laden game for 3 years has lost them business on NHL. They need to put more into this game, and no gimmicky garbage either. For as much money as EA gets, their wallets won't be strained that hard if they put a little bit more time and money into NHL... They probably won't except for marginally better graphics and more micro-transactions because EA/HUT though.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I'm expecting the game to be a letdown. There really isn't any reason not to give the user customization options at this point. NBA, Madden, and The Show all do it, and they still sell new games every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->