NHL 16 Be a Pro thread!

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Yeah, the call-ups and send-downs are screwed up. After leading the OHL in scoring (both points and goals) I got selected in the 7th round, 207th overall, by the St. Louis Blues. First season, I spend about 20 games in the AHL and then get called up. After scoring at nearly a PPG pace (22 G, 22 A in 45 games) I get sent down straight from the first line. I go back to the AHL and once again play well. Once we get to the playoffs, I get called up to the big squad for games 4 and 5 (we had a 2-1 lead) of the first round against Dallas. I scored the OT winners in both games, adding an assist as well, and got sent down the day after the game to an AHL squad that had just finished getting swept out. Man, I was so mad. Next season, I was leading the NHL in both goals and points, and I get sent down again straight from the first line. I got fed up and turned the difficulty down a notch, scoring 15 points (7 G, 8 A) in 5 games and earning a call-up. That small period was enough to keep me from winning the Art Ross or Maurice Richard (I tied this one), which went to Tarasenko. (who Hitchcock had at 1C since I had taken his spot on the first line, conspiracy?) And then after we got knocked out in the second round, I got sent down again, although it allowed me extra playing time so I can't complain about this one too much. (I left it on my usual difficulty and scored 33 points in 10 games lol, I won the playoff MVP as well)

So no, I'm not planning to re-sign with St. Louis.

mobizziness

Aug 9, 2015
Toronto
the #1 thing that pisses me off about be a pro so far is the "Bad Communication" thing where you lose 25 Off. Awareness for calling for a bad pass when in reality my teammate just made a really ****** pass.

Steen20

Jun 25, 2014
why is there an option to sim if in reality it destroys your chance of success in this game? At this point, I'd rather play Legacy's live the life than this ****. There's no fun in playing every game and having to score nearly every period to maintain your grades. NHL 11-13's be a pro was fun enough for me to enjoy it without too many complaints. Why can't there be a classic exp system that can be chosen over the new exp system so that everyone can be happy?

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
why is there an option to sim if in reality it destroys your chance of success in this game? At this point, I'd rather play Legacy's live the life than this ****. There's no fun in playing every game and having to score nearly every period to maintain your grades. NHL 11-13's be a pro was fun enough for me to enjoy it without too many complaints. Why can't there be a classic exp system that can be chosen over the new exp system so that everyone can be happy?

I'm currently 55 games in my first CHL season, scoring slightly above ppg, I've simmed about 3/4 of the games and only playing the second and the third periods. I've been projected to go in the 1st round since beginning. I think the simming is fine.

Steen20

Jun 25, 2014
I'm currently 55 games in my first CHL season, scoring slightly above ppg, I've simmed about 3/4 of the games and only playing the second and the third periods. I've been projected to go in the 1st round since beginning. I think the simming is fine.

Could you explain exactly your sim method? Playing 1 period per game every game is not working, and I can't even consider simming full games. I'm using the no sim penalty.

Jakub

Resu Deretsiger
Jun 26, 2013
Moonbeam, Ontario

In settings there is an option that allows you to turn the sim penalty off, however after simming a good stretch the coach will tell you that you aren't putting effort in. The EXP problem can't be avoided, but i've found after switching the game style or whatever to hardcore (not the difficulty) the grades are a little more realistic, im playing as a defenseman and as long as i get 5 shots or so and make good breakout passes I get a strong offensive grade, I don't have to score 10 points like i used to have to :P

And I usually sim one/two games per evaluation period, it doesn't affect my grades at all.

Steen20

Jun 25, 2014
In settings there is an option that allows you to turn the sim penalty off, however after simming a good stretch the coach will tell you that you aren't putting effort in. The EXP problem can't be avoided, but i've found after switching the game style or whatever to hardcore (not the difficulty) the grades are a little more realistic, im playing as a defenseman and as long as i get 5 shots or so and make good breakout passes I get a strong offensive grade, I don't have to score 10 points like i used to have to :P

And I usually sim one/two games per evaluation period, it doesn't affect my grades at all.

Cool, I'll have to check that out sometime.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Also the further you get in to your career, the more it lets you sim. As a young guy you cant sim much. I'm in my 4th pro season and I can sim 6-7 games in a row without getting any real penalty besides missing out on XP.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Things that piss me off:
-Coach telling you to "tie a man up on the faceoff" when I'm a RW....
-Bad communication penalty when I'm standing 2 feet away from my guy pinned against the board and call for a pass and he kicks it into the opposite direction
-Bad line defense penalty is the worst. Step onto the ice and immediately get scored on. Defense can't make a breakout pass and gets trapped in the corner or they make a pass and either hit someone's skates or pass straight to the other team in the slot and they score. Or my personal favorite, my own teammate puts it in his own net.
-Also hate the "long shift" penalty. They always tell you to skate to the bench when you enter the defensive zone. No I'm not going to just leave the play and skate to the bench and screw over my teammates.

Steen20

Jun 25, 2014
Things that piss me off:
-Coach telling you to "tie a man up on the faceoff" when I'm a RW....
-Bad communication penalty when I'm standing 2 feet away from my guy pinned against the board and call for a pass and he kicks it into the opposite direction
-Bad line defense penalty is the worst. Step onto the ice and immediately get scored on. Defense can't make a breakout pass and gets trapped in the corner or they make a pass and either hit someone's skates or pass straight to the other team in the slot and they score. Or my personal favorite, my own teammate puts it in his own net.
-Also hate the "long shift" penalty. They always tell you to skate to the bench when you enter the defensive zone. No I'm not going to just leave the play and skate to the bench and screw over my teammates.

Yeah, I've seen some pretty stupid complaints from the coaches. I'd prefer for EA to tone the coach down a bit. It gets really annoying when they complain about being offside 1 second after a stupid teammate carries the puck outside the offensive zone

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Yeah, the call-ups and send-downs are screwed up. After leading the OHL in scoring (both points and goals) I got selected in the 7th round, 207th overall, by the St. Louis Blues. First season, I spend about 20 games in the AHL and then get called up. After scoring at nearly a PPG pace (22 G, 22 A in 45 games) I get sent down straight from the first line. I go back to the AHL and once again play well. Once we get to the playoffs, I get called up to the big squad for games 4 and 5 (we had a 2-1 lead) of the first round against Dallas. I scored the OT winners in both games, adding an assist as well, and got sent down the day after the game to an AHL squad that had just finished getting swept out. Man, I was so mad. Next season, I was leading the NHL in both goals and points, and I get sent down again straight from the first line. I got fed up and turned the difficulty down a notch, scoring 15 points (7 G, 8 A) in 5 games and earning a call-up. That small period was enough to keep me from winning the Art Ross or Maurice Richard (I tied this one), which went to Tarasenko. (who Hitchcock had at 1C since I had taken his spot on the first line, conspiracy?) And then after we got knocked out in the second round, I got sent down again, although it allowed me extra playing time so I can't complain about this one too much. (I left it on my usual difficulty and scored 33 points in 10 games lol, I won the playoff MVP as well)

So no, I'm not planning to re-sign with St. Louis.

It happens for me with all teams, it's just easier to send down the waiver exempt player than it would be for a player who has to go through waivers. That's why you get send down.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Started out at the Memorial Cup as a RW Grinder. Managed to get 13pts in the 5 games and had the GWG in the finals before getting drafted at #20 to Minnesota. Now three games into the pre-season and I'm 6+1 with two hat tricks. Hope I can keep it up.

What difficulty are you guys playing at? I'm not so good at this so I went with Pro and Hardcore.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Has there been any patches announced or fixes?

I mean, all it would take is a patch for some of these minor issues.

Seriously EA, you just made bank selling this game, and you cant release a couple bug fixes?

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
It happens for me with all teams, it's just easier to send down the waiver exempt player than it would be for a player who has to go through waivers. That's why you get send down.

Waiver-exempt or not, there's really no reason to send down someone scoring at a PPG pace. :P If I was in the bottom 6 on pace for 20-30 points, then yes, maybe you send me down if someone comes back from injury, but someone in the running for the Calder one year and then the Rocket Richard AND Art Ross the next year shouldn't be sent down.

GrnEggsNHam

Mar 10, 2015

Yes that is true however if you are scoring as many goals/points as he was no team would be sending you down. It's just not logical.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I'm on my 4th season of Be a Pro (3 with the Oilers, 1 with the Bruins) and both teams don't ever call anyone up unless their scratches get hurt. A lot of times a Dman goes down with an injury and he gets replaced by forward instead of making a roster move to bring someone up from the AHL. With Edmonton I had Teddy Purcell play D and with the Bruins I had Alexander Khokhlachev lol

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
So I think I might be done playing Be a Pro. I'm an 85 overall PWF RW coming off a 60 goal, 114 point season where I swept all the league awards (Richard, Hart, Lindsay, Conn Smythe), led the league in playoff scoring, and won the Stanley Cup. I was in my contract year and at the end of the season I get 2 offers, one being from my current team. I'm sorry but that's the most unrealistic scenario that could ever happen. Teams would be lining up to take me after the season I just had

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Also, they need to revamp this a little more. If you are a FA you should be able to go through the FA courting phase where you can pick one or two teams to visit with before July 1st and go through an interview process with them. You also should have a timer on July 1 because that's when most high profile FA are signed. During July 1 your agent should be relaying contract offers and offering advice on if you should accept the deals or wait out and hope a contender comes or a high money contract offer. It would make the game mode a little more realistic

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
Does anyone play BAP as a goalie. I'm trying to get into it but I'm finding it completely unplayable. Every single shot from the opposition is coming as a cross-ice pass so I either have to cheat away from the shooter or accept that if the shot isn't misfired back into the middle of the net that I won't be able to stop it.

I get that I'm not the best at playing goalie in NHL16 but this is kind of ridiculous. Meanwhile when my team goes on offense they just try and force pucks into the slot regardless of who is open. The AI still appears to be completely broken to me.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Got picked 47th to Nashville. Make the team. Score 31points in 17 games and got sent down to junior. Wanted to ask for a trade but they must have taken it out.

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
I got injured during QJMHL playoffs, i still can play the games but i can't set up my practice for this week, has this happened to anybody else?

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
I got injured during QJMHL playoffs, i still can play the games but i can't set up my practice for this week, has this happened to anybody else?

I think there's no off ice training during the playoffs based on my experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad