NHL 16 Be a Pro thread!

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I can't even fathom the teammate AI in this game. They do so many inexplicable things, especially the defense. It seems like the only goals your team lets up are when you're on the ice and it's usually because the defense just turns the puck over or leaves a guy wide open in front of the net in such a jaw dropping way.

I would've just chosen to play defense if I knew I was going to have to cover their men the entire time.

sunnyvale

Apr 29, 2013
NJ
Started as a 6'5 DFD in the memorial cup for Barrie.. Swept the tournament and got drafted 35th I think by Buffalo. Survived preseason by playing 2-3 periods each game and putting up 1.5 PPG. 3 games into my rookie season now have 1g 1a, still third pairing. Will try to get more detailed in the future.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
So in my third year of be a pro, I have started to encounter a bug. Randomly in a game, the camera will start only focusing on my player, rather than letting me see my player AND the puck. (usually the camera splits the difference). Then I have to go to settings, change the camera to "broadcast", go back to the game for a second, and the camera will re center. Then, of course, I have to go back and re put the camera on dynamic low (or whatever).

Is anyone else having this really weird problem? When the camera centers on my BAP it makes it near impossible to play as a dman.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I have noticed this happens when I accidentally hit the big middle button on my PS4 controller (when pausing the game for example). Just press it again and it should revert back to the camera you're used to.

Thought it was a bug too but it's just a toggle between following the player or not.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
I have noticed this happens when I accidentally hit the big middle button on my PS4 controller (when pausing the game for example). Just press it again and it should revert back to the camera you're used to.

Thought it was a bug too but it's just a toggle between following the player or not.

Thank you! Apparently my joystick cover can nudge that button sometimes. It was driving me nuts not knowing.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Anyone else have this problem.... When I get to the top prospects game, the game says error and shuts down. Tried simming through it, but nada. Will I have to restart?

Nope haven't had that. But my calendar got my teams mixed up. It looked like I was going to play for the "away" team, when in fact I was on the "home" team. I lost the game but my calendar said I had won since it thought I was on the other team.

So while I didn't have a show-stopper with it, there appears to be a number of things that can go wrong there.

BarryB1124

Jan 3, 2009
I've played this game since December when I got my PS4. I know hockey. Having now played hundreds of games there are certain aspects of this game that just don't mimic real hockey so well. Playing online versus I was 21-19-2. Not great obviously but not godawful either. Yet tonight every guy could just either fly past me I guess by using hustle. Clearly it doesn't tire guys out enough. The next game the guy just protected the puck anytime I got anywhere near him and my clumsy players were all over the ice skating in mud while he was just holding either deke or x the whole time while still being able to maneuver with the puck. Which I don't understand because when I do that my guy goes immediately into quicksand mode and is easy to knock off the puck.

I think the dekeing is just extremely unrealistic to what real hockey presents. Jason Chimera isn't going to do a between-the-legs deke 1-on-4. A player isn't going to extend the stick way out to their side and skate effectively with the puck from the red line to the face-off circles. If I'm not so good and have things to learn, hey I can respect that. But it's hard to make adjustments to try and do things that would clearly not be able to happen in a real NHL game. It's too bad. A lot of the physics are good. But the dekeing and stick lifting are extremely unrealistic. That's extremely hard to do in real life. In this game it happens with regularity. And if you're one of those guys who knows how to protect the puck and just curl all around the ice with any player, you may as well spam the stick lift and risk a penalty. Let me not get into face-off tie-ups. I'm actually pretty good at face-offs...usually over 50 percent. But the tie-up feature is another ridiculous feature that is way overused on this game. I know you can try to go forehand on draws to beat it, but it's still way too effective.

In online versus, are the settings of the game set to the home team's machine or are they the same for every game? After what I just experienced I have to ask.

Boredomkills999

Feb 28, 2016
Obviously, but that's not my concern, my concern is getting my player NHL-ready as fast as possible. A season in Jr's doesn't really mean **** in the grand scheme of things, so I usually blow it outta the water then play way more realistically once I get drafted/start playing in the NHL. I figure I need to be around an 80 OVR to play quasi-realistically in the NHL, so that's my goal.
My pro is only a 74 and he's playing for Tampa Bay right after being drafted so all that nonsense you've said sounds so boring what's the fun in boosting your player and not working for it? Oh and my man scored both his first goal and an assist in his debut game. Oh and this has been playing with it on pro and realistic/simulation.. None of that 10 goals a game nonsense..

Boredomkills999

Feb 28, 2016
Congrats, 102 goals, 66 assists, 168 pts, 177 hits and 144 PIMs in 72 games. Looks like you're in the WHL record books - but you should be picked somewhere in the 2nd round.

Picked 40th overall by San Jose.

11g - 7a - 18pts in 6 preseason games? Looks like you'll be spending the season in the WHL again!

So stupid.
How old is your player? He has to be 18 to play in the NHL I ran into this in 13 I was going nuts tell I realized he was only 17.

Fjorn

Mar 2, 2016
I had one or two dials in the yellow for game 2/5 in my evaluation period but fought back in games 3-5 and my average across all 5 had my overall rating for O, D, Teamplay in the green. Next game the coach tells me I didn't meet his expectations?

Do I need to get green in every dial in every game every 5 games to have it register as meeting expectations??

I'm a 1C PWF with the most points in the league but I'm not on any special teams, which is frustrating and I'm guessing has to do with the above.

evdkass

Mar 7, 2016
Everyone seems to be bothered by the Team Play rating, I don't see the problem.

I consistently get B grades - I line change on time, I call for the puck when I should, I lay good hits, I pass, etc.

Also, anyone else playing as a defender? I'm currently playing as an Offensive Defender in the OHL and I am 5th in the league in points. It's a lot of fun because I get to play both sides of the ice, plus extra power play and penalty kill time.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
There were people that tweeted that at Sean ramahagherggasingh or whatever his name is, and he blocked them.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
Despite of what people say about this game and this game mode I've clocked countless hours playing this mode and I'm still having fun with it. Can't remember when was the last time I was still so engaged with a NHL game in March. Yes, there are bugs and glitches some of which are very annoying but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the game.

Also 2bc complaining is bs. He just never learned the current-gen version of NHL, doesn't play it in his free time and still he acts like he knows the game. All he does is complain. It's not like old gen didn't have problems but people worked around those problems as did he.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
What angers people is the fact that NHL 16 is still very bare bones in terms of content, and what they cold fit in is full of bugs and glitches. Yet it costs 70 dollars.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Despite of what people say about this game and this game mode I've clocked countless hours playing this mode and I'm still having fun with it. Can't remember when was the last time I was still so engaged with a NHL game in March. Yes, there are bugs and glitches some of which are very annoying but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the game.

Also 2bc complaining is bs. He just never learned the current-gen version of NHL, doesn't play it in his free time and still he acts like he knows the game. All he does is complain. It's not like old gen didn't have problems but people worked around those problems as did he.

How the heck can he "learn" the game with a huge glitch like that?

Are you kidding me bro?

That be a pro issue has been a MAJOR widespread problem, on the EA forums, Operation Sports, Reddit, Here, twitter.

what are you going on about?

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
How the heck can he "learn" the game with a huge glitch like that?

Are you kidding me bro?

That be a pro issue has been a MAJOR widespread problem, on the EA forums, Operation Sports, Reddit, Here, twitter.

what are you going on about?

I wasn't referring to that specific video and that specific glitch, just the general complaining. That glitch has been there since the introduction of be a pro and it's kinda obvious why it occurs. Don't get me wrong, I get upset about these things too since it's my most played game mode but I can still enjoy it.

By learning I meant the how he doesn't know the game play or even how to navigate the menus. He often faults the game even though it's because of his own lack of knowledge

James Boss

Jan 21, 2016

What annoys me most about him is that he mostly complains when he loses lol and also that he thinks he has so many in's in EA....obviously not if they aren't fixing what he's complaining about...

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
The only thing I really get mad over in this game is the lack of realism. But there's not much of it so.. LOL.

Tbh the realism has gone up skating, puck physics, shooting etc. wise. The game is still far away from being realistic but people tend to forget that it has gone better.

NHL 16 > NHL 15

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Tbh the realism has gone up skating, puck physics, shooting etc. wise. The game is still far away from being realistic but people tend to forget that it has gone better.

NHL 16 > NHL 15

Yeah i'd take this game over 15. I'm just hoping for them to focus more on in the in-game aspects for 17. Of course they need to work on the game-modes, and should probably equally divide time and effort into each, but my expectations have been pretty low for these games since 15.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
Sometimes this game is a joke. I'm currently playing my second season in the OHL and I run into the newest Calder Tropgy winner, Connor McDavid. The guy is 91 overall and was rookie of the year in 2015-2016 season and now he's playing in the OHL. Maybe the even more pathetic thing is that he's got 40 points in 36 games. How can 91 overall player with 93OA, 92 passing, 90+ shooting be only scoring just enough to be point per game? In the OHL? What a joke.

Things like this make me mad to EA. (Also with the one with you getting sent down for no reason) I mean it's testing EA. Testing. Things like that are so obviously bugs in the code or just plain bad programming.

EA if you're reading this I'll help you with the logic you should use:
Situation: Pre-season
CheckRoster function:
If a player is 90+
...Bring up the player
If the roster is full
...Send someone down
...Bring up the player
If there is only 1 way contracts
...Don't care, it's McDavid. Send all to waivers

Ad

Upcoming events