NHL 16 Be a Pro thread!

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Be a pro player progression Nhl 16 ps4

Just like the be a gm thread, same deal just for be a pro mode. Curious how your teammates and other players might develop. I started a be a pro career in the ohl as 15 year old. I started off as a 53 overall. I want to create some teammates but i dont want them to end up better than me. I certainly dont want them to get drafted ahead of me. Let me know what you guys think.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
Just like the be a gm thread, same deal just for be a pro mode. Curious how your teammates and other players might develop. I started a be a pro career in the ohl as 15 year old. I started off as a 53 overall. I want to create some teammates but i dont want them to end up better than me. I certainly dont want them to get drafted ahead of me. Let me know what you guys think.

It seems like players don't grow until they're drafted. So if you create teammates I'd suggest you to make them over 60 or maybe even over 65. You don't want to play with some 50ovr plugs for three years, right?

I'm currently on my first year in Sarnia and Chychrun didn't grow at all in first year but Korostelev went (so far) to 72 and Zacha to 68 which is pretty cool. It's fun to see your teammates progressing like now I'm starting to see more dangles from Zacha and Korostelev now that their dekeing is 80ish.

Your draft position is based whether you consistently reach the goals set for you and get tons of experience points while doing so. So not too much simming in NHL 16 even with the simming penalty off.

FadeToBlack

Jul 1, 2012
I chose to be a 17 year old Sniper LW for Connor McDavid (he's still in Erie??) and through 38 fully played games (I'm on the tail end of a four day weekend!), he's gone up two skill points from 82 to 84, the RW has gone from 62 to 65, and I've gone from 61 to a 70.

This is while hanging up 10 goals a game on the opposition, as well, so that's why my my players' growth has been so meteoric. I'm consistently exceeding my coaches goals and feedback, and projected to go "somewhere" in the first round.

I've been taking tons of wrist shots, and just started on slappers the past few games, and almost constantly train speed and acceleration because it's so tough to gain that in games, as far as I can tell.

My skills' stars are as follows;

Puck Skills 3.5
Shooting 4
Skating 2.5
Sense 4
Defense 1
Physical 2

I'm betting I can get puck skills to 4 by time the draft rolls around, and shooting should be at least 4.5. Skating, I'm just praying I can add a half star, same with the other weak areas in Defense and Physical. Don't think Senses will rise any further.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
I chose to be a 17 year old Sniper LW for Connor McDavid (he's still in Erie??) and through 38 fully played games (I'm on the tail end of a four day weekend!), he's gone up two skill points from 82 to 84, the RW has gone from 62 to 65, and I've gone from 61 to a 70.

This is while hanging up 10 goals a game on the opposition, as well, so that's why my my players' growth has been so meteoric. I'm consistently exceeding my coaches goals and feedback, and projected to go "somewhere" in the first round.

I've been taking tons of wrist shots, and just started on slappers the past few games, and almost constantly train speed and acceleration because it's so tough to gain that in games, as far as I can tell.

My skills' stars are as follows;

Puck Skills 3.5
Shooting 4
Skating 2.5
Sense 4
Defense 1
Physical 2

I'm betting I can get puck skills to 4 by time the draft rolls around, and shooting should be at least 4.5. Skating, I'm just praying I can add a half star, same with the other weak areas in Defense and Physical. Don't think Senses will rise any further.

That's just unrealistic, scoring 10 goals a game....

FadeToBlack

Jul 1, 2012
That's just unrealistic, scoring 10 goals a game....

Obviously, but that's not my concern, my concern is getting my player NHL-ready as fast as possible. A season in Jr's doesn't really mean **** in the grand scheme of things, so I usually blow it outta the water then play way more realistically once I get drafted/start playing in the NHL. I figure I need to be around an 80 OVR to play quasi-realistically in the NHL, so that's my goal.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
Obviously, but that's not my concern, my concern is getting my player NHL-ready as fast as possible. A season in Jr's doesn't really mean **** in the grand scheme of things, so I usually blow it outta the water then play way more realistically once I get drafted/start playing in the NHL. I figure I need to be around an 80 OVR to play quasi-realistically in the NHL, so that's my goal.

I'm producing fine as a 72OV in the NHL.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013

I'm a 73 OVR and I'm putting up a .5 PPG on Washington's 2nd line while swimming through 80% of my games.

sunnyvale

Apr 29, 2013
NJ
I'm a 73 OVR and I'm putting up a .5 PPG on Washington's 2nd line while swimming through 80% of my games.

When simming do you sim the whole game? I tried intervening and even when I scored a hat trick I get barely any exp. points. Guess you gotta play the full games now

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Anyone else having trouble with the 'protect the puck', and 'cover the slot man' tasks. I've done them and they don't check off

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
Anyone else having trouble with the 'protect the puck', and 'cover the slot man' tasks. I've done them and they don't check off

No but I'm stuck with jump deke :laugh: maybe I gotta do it like 10 times before it disappears, who knows...

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
When simming do you sim the whole game? I tried intervening and even when I scored a hat trick I get barely any exp. points. Guess you gotta play the full games now

Sim 80% of my games, fully play the other ones. On Superstar I think I have a .4 PPG through simming and a .8 PPG when playing. I do notice that simming gets you a lot less XP.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

I'm finding it difficult to complete the "Screen the Goalie" task with my 5'11 winger. I find the team grade is hard to increase in general. Short shifts, good calls for passes, and hitting seem to be the only things that work for me.

Has anyone tried simming to the end of the game after playing a period? Are there any consequnces?

Overall, I'm really enjoying this mode so far. This is much better than previous iterations, I'm very happy with this game.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I'm finding it difficult to complete the "Screen the Goalie" task with my 5'11 winger. I find the team grade is hard to increase in general. Short shifts, good calls for passes, and hitting seem to be the only things that work for me.

Has anyone tried simming to the end of the game after playing a period? Are there any consequnces?

Overall, I'm really enjoying this mode so far. This is much better than previous iterations, I'm very happy with this game.

Yeah the positioning tasks and protecting the puck are bad. No penalty for simming to the end of the game if penalty is turned off

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
Yeah the positioning tasks and protecting the puck are bad. No penalty for simming to the end of the game if penalty is turned off

Puck protecting is weird. I was just handling the puck while some guy bumped into me from behind and when I didn't lose the puck I got a plus for protecting the puck. I get a lot of goalie screens because I like to stand in front of the net looking for deflections.

So far Korostelev (medium top 9) is progressing better than Zacha (high top 6). Korostelev is up to 72 while Zacha is 69. I really enjoy playing with them. The chemistry between us is magic I tell you :D The fact that they develop is fascinating. I don't even mind if I don't make the NHL in my first season if they both are sent back to junior too. We would destroy the OHL if both of them are mid or high 70s. I'd also imagine Chychrun will be doing pretty good with his elite potential next year as well. I wonder if Korostelev is hardcoded to blossom. Had him in my GM mode and his potential turned elite after two seasons and he seems to be doing good in this mode too.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal

Yeah team play is definitely hard to improve and goes down drastically it you take a penalty, after that it's impossible to come back. You can also draw a penalty to increase it but it happens so randomly... There must be other ways right? :laugh: The game is very fun overall though, I don't get all the complaints.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Since there's no specific be a pro threads I'll just talk about it here

Started one season as a 15 year old
Was having some fun until the draft year where they desperately want you to play the vast majority of games
So I went undated

So I started a new season starting at the draft
And yeah...kind of silly

Starting at the draft gets the team you chose automatically to the memorial cup games
And they ask you to get roughly 1k experience per game to get a high drafting ranking

Simming these games I got 90 experience in the first game
0 experience in the second
And I didn't notice my 3rd game
(Team lost all 3, so they didn't advance to the memorial cup)
And I was then drafted in the 6th round

So starting over at the beginning of the tournament, I played one game
The one game I did play, I got 1.2k experience playing through the entire game, getting roughly 4 or 5 assists and 0 goals
I proceeded to sim the rest and got under 100 experience per game again (losing the rest of the games, but playing a total of 4 games in all)
And got drafted 91st overall (beginning of 4th round)

No idea what they want from you for an entire season, but if it's 1k experience per game for a high draft ranking, then that's crazy, when simming gets you 0-100 experience per game

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
that's crazy, when simming gets you 0-100 experience per game

Can you think of any other game that lets you level up without actually playing? I like it that you have to put some effort to be a high draft pick = play the games

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Can you think of any other game that lets you level up without actually playing? I like it that you have to put some effort to be a high draft pick = play the games

Yeah, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
So I'm done with my draft year. Didn't win the memorial cup but we won the OHL championship. Got drafted by Toronto (was wishing for the Jets but w/e) 57th overall. That's pretty good considering that in the beginning of the season I was projected to go undrafted. I wish someday I could play again with my boys Zacha and Korostelev. That euro line we had was amazing.

My best attributes are passing (90), faceoffs (96 lol ikr) and dekeing 86. I'm 73 overall entering my first season in NHL.

How's your BAP going?

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.

Yes, I don't mind that
But when the coaches and agents want you to get 1000-2000 experience per Game, through an entire season, and simming can easily net you 0 experience for whatever reason, it just seems really off

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Simple, talk about your be a pro here. I'll start.

Player: Ryu Yoshi

Position- Center, Playmaker

Height- 6 feet 2 inches

Weight- 200

This huge Japanese center is looking to be the third Japanese player to be drafted into the NHL. In the memorial cup playoffs so far, him and the Vancouver Giants have a 1-2-0 record, but they made it passed the round robin and into the semi's, against the Oshawa generals, the team they beat in the last round robin game to get their first win of the memorial cup playoffs. Yoshi has a goal and 7 assists in 3 games, along with 7 hits and 16 shots. His defensive play, while poke checks are good, is lacking. He needs work on his faceoffs. He is currently a minus player, but that doesn't seem to hurt his draft position. His draft position is projected so far to be between 1st and 7th overalls.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Player: Julian Haas
Position: LW PWF
Height & Weight: 6'3", 200 lbs

After winning the Memorial Cup with the Edmonton Oil Kings, German-born Julian Haas was drafted 73rd overall by the Nashville Predators. He slipped in the draft due to concerns about whether or not his offensive game would translate to the NHL, although he posted 3 goals and 7 assists in the tournament.

He impressed at the Predators' training camp, but unfortunately was one of the last cuts. In 18 games with the Milwaukee Admirals, Haas dominated both offensively and physically, scoring 22 points and registering 65 hits. He was a -10, but the Admirals as a whole struggled defensively. The Predators were impressed with his performances and rewarded him with a call-up opportunity, along with his Admirals linemate Austin Watson.

Haas had a rather eventful NHL debut against the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden. He recorded his first career point on a Colin Wilson PPG just 4 minutes into the game, and scored his first NHL goal, also on the powerplay, midway through the 2nd period. However, he finished the game a -2 and the Rangers walked away with a 6-5 overtime victory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad