Next Years Team

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I don't know if it was the main problem but it was a big one IMO. I think some other ppl were bothered by that too bc quite a few ppl wanted PDB to drastically cut back Dillon and Polak's ice time in the finals.

Even if the top line produced at .5 points a game that series goes minimum 7 games. The top line stays at a point per game and the sharks probably win in 6.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I know there has been a lot of focus on a Burns' extension, but shouldn't we be anticipating ones for Thornton and Donskoi as well. I'm not so worried about Thornton, but it might be a good idea to lock up Donskoi on a good deal soon.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I know there has been a lot of focus on a Burns' extension, but shouldn't we be anticipating ones for Thornton and Donskoi as well. I'm not so worried about Thornton, but it might be a good idea to lock up Donskoi on a good deal soon.

I wanna say that Donskoi's gonna be an RFA and we're gonna have a lot of cap space clear up by then so it probably won't be a big deal by then.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I wanna say that Donskoi's gonna be an RFA and we're gonna have a lot of cap space clear up by then so it probably won't be a big deal by then.

He will be an RFA, but I agree cap space won't be an issue. Just thought it might be a good idea to get him locked up before he puts up 60 points next year. Then cap space might become an issue.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
He will be an RFA, but I agree cap space won't be an issue. Just thought it might be a good idea to get him locked up before he puts up 60 points next year. Then cap space might become an issue.

Donskoi won't break 60 imo.

He will break 50 though if the 2nd unit comes together.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Originally I was gonna write 100, but I thought that was too ambitious. 60 sounds more plausible.

Lollll

He's a great player.

Panarin had 78 playing with Kane and first unit pp.

If we get a 65 point player who plays shutdown with couture and second unit? That's really special.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Lollll

He's a great player.

Panarin had 78 playing with Kane and first unit pp.

If we get a 65 point player who plays shutdown with couture and second unit? That's really special.

Donskoi bounced around a lot of lines last season and didn't start the season on the 2nd pp unit. I think 50 is a good conservative estimate for this season. I'd love for him to break 60 points though.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Donskoi bounced around a lot of lines last season and didn't start the season on the 2nd pp unit. I think 50 is a good conservative estimate for this season. I'd love for him to break 60 points though.

I've mentally been penciling him in for 50, partly bc i hope the 2nd PP unit improves. I think it will since either Schlemko or Boedeker might help it. I agree that being with Couture again should help too and also knowing more about the NHL now, travel, etc. He seemed to improve as the season progressed and now that he's used to the schedule, etc. I hope things click for him this season. I could see him getting 60 points if things went well.

Good to know that I'm probably not that out of line.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Leino didn't make the NHL until he was 25. He had one good season when he was 27 with 53 points. The season before that he had 11 points in 55 games. I don't think Donskoi is going to be like him.

Also, wasn't Leino's one good season playing with Claude Giroux?

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
I've been hyping Sorenson for quite a while now.

Great to see you guys warming up to him.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Also, wasn't Leino's one good season playing with Claude Giroux?

I think he played with Briere and Hartnell. He was good two seasons but I think injuries, signing that big contract with Buffalo and getting too much money and then losing his confidence made part of why his NHL-career ended. I don't think Donskoi will end up doing the same

And next season I think Donskoi will get something between 45-55 points. 60-points might be unrealistic. Of course playing with Couture and possibly Boedker could make him get over 55-points but we would need playoff-Couture and Boedker having his best season and our second PP work really well if Donskoi would get over 55-points.

I've been hyping Sorenson for quite a while now.

Great to see you guys warming up to him.

Sörensen is great player but I hope you guys are reasonable with expectations about him. Expecting what Donskoi did last season is unreasonable because Donskoi surprised a lot of guys here in Finland how good he was at the NHL-level and we already knew that he was excellent player at Liiga and World Champs last year. Also I should note that his linemate from Kärpät, Joonas Kemppainen also tried to play at NHL-level last season but didn't manage to solidify his spot and he returned to Europe.

Last edited:

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Now the painfully boring silence of the offseason.

This offseason is gonna be two months shorter than the previous, but feel just as long.

Stickin to my guns, some time way earlier in this thread (before the finals ended - ****** thread). This team is gonna be even better next season.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Sorensen >> Meier and Goldobin.

This season atleast.

Meier and Goldobin can devolop in AHL.

Sorensen is 24 and ready.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It's probably gonna be Sorensen and Meier making it out of camp probably. I wish it was Goldobin but his prospect camp seemed meh. They've got two months to work on their game and then we'll see what happens at training camp

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

This season atleast.

What makes sorensen ready? His age? Him playing against men already?

Meier and to a lesser extent goldobin both have shown the ability to play against the tight checking defenses that is taught in jrs while also doing it on nhl sized rinks. Something sorensen hasn't done yet.

I am not saying sorensen isn't ready or that meier and goldobin are, but nobody will know for sure until he/they start to play against nhl teams and players.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

This season atleast.

I disagree. I think Sorensen may be better than Meier this season but not Goldobin. Goldobin is just as ready as Sorensen but more talented. I don't think there is much, if anything, for Goldobin to develop at the AHL level.

It doesn't necessarily exclude Sorensen from a spot in the NHL either since they can have a spot freed up on the 4th line for Sorensen to play on but we'll see there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad