Line Combos: Next Years Lines

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I might play around with the lines a bit, but I agree a 100% in terms of roster management. I really hope they let the kids stew in the AHL a bit.

I guess Guhle could legitimately be in the NHL to start the season. But Slaf? With how crowded things are on the wings and his somewhat uninspired play in preseason, it’s the perfect scenario for him to go to Laval.
Yes if Guhle continue to play like yesterday, he's starting the season in the NHL

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We’re starting to see some combos here:

Caufield-suzuki- Anderson/Heineman/Slaf/Hoff
Pitlick-Dach-Anderson/Heineman/Slaf
Dadonov-Dvorak-Gally
Drouin/Pezz-Evans-Armia/Hoff

Matheson-Edmunston/Barron
Guhle-Savard
Fairbrother/Schuneman-Wideman

And now Monahan is between Drouin and Armia. I don't think he should play C, butbhe does, as of now it's:

Caufield - Suzuki - Anderson
Hoffman - Dach - Pitlick/Evan's/Slaf/Heineman
Dadonov - Dvorak - Gallagher
Drouin - Monahan - Armia

Pez in Laval?

Anyways it's just one practice.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Caufield / Suzuki / Armia
Slaf / Dach / Anderson
Drouin / Dvorak / Gallagher
Hoffman / Monahan / Evans

Byron, Pitlick

* Dadonov on waivers. Don't like one bit what I see. Willing to give him a bit more time but as it stands today, he is the guy I put on waivers

* I have Armia with Caufield and Suzuki cause I think we get the best out of him in the spot. I prefer Anderson with them but I also like Anderson with Dach and Slaf.

* 4th line can be moveable parts when we are 100% healthy

Reactions: waitin425

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Mods.....can we sticky this? Give us an easy place to look to discuss all lineup talk?

Start of season: (Slaf could still have 9 games)

Anderson - Suzuki - Caufield
Dad - Dvorak - Gally
Drouin - Dach - Monahan
Pitlick - Evans - Armia
Hoffman

Matheson - Savard
Schu-Wideman
Guhle - Harris
Xhekaj

AHL players to be called up:
-Slaf
-Barron
-Ylonen
-RHP
-Heinemen
-Pezz

OHL:
-Mesar
-Beck

Trade Deadline 2023:

Dad
Drouin
Monahan
Schueneman
Gally or Hoff - preferably Hoff

Post TDL lineup:

Anderson - Suzuki - Caufield
Pitlick - Dvorak - Gally
Slaf - Dach - Armia
RHP/Heineman - Evans - Pezz

Matheson - Savard
Guhle - Eddie
Harris - Barron
Wideman

Xhekaj back down to AHL and injury call up

I think the return at the TDL could be massive or underwhelming. But all of those players have the ability to bring back very solid returns.

This is also a solid tank lineup.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think Slaf will start the season in Montreal but eventually end up in Laval. Hoffman has been useless so I think he gets waived and sits out to start the year. Monahan has shown he still has it and can be a useful part of the team and Dach has shown he has tons of skill but needs some work in the face off dot. SO to start the season, I'm going with:

Drouin Suzuki Caufield
Monahan<-> Dach Slaf
Dadonov Dvo Gally
Pitlick Evans Armia
Hoffman, Pez

Matheson Wideman
Guhle Savard
Xhekaj/Harris/Barron

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Caufeild Suzuki Armia
Drouin Dach Gallagher
Hoffman Dvorak Anderson
Evans Pitlick Monahan
Dadonov

1st line, Armia on the first line is weird but he always look great with Suzuki and he can do lot of the dirty work along the board retrieving puck extending possession in the offensive zone.

2nd line, Gallagher can’t carry the puck, so both Dach and Drouin can carry the puck and Gallagher can focus on crash the net.

3rd line, 3 guys that a good but the don’t really make their teammates better.

4th line, 3 guys than are very versatile can move up in the lineup.

13th FW Dadonov hasn’t shown much but he would be able to play a middle 6, better him than a prospect, prospect should be playing in the AHL.

Matheson Savard
Edmondson Wideman
Harris Bowey
Shueneman

Guhle, Barron, Xhekaj are all better than wideman, Shueneman, Bowey but they need to build up their confidence, get some experience make mistakes without having the replay going viral every time.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
If they give Slaf 9 games I wouldn’t mind seeing:

Caufield-Suzuki-Dadonov
Slafkovsky-Dvorak-Anderson
Monahan-Dach-Gallagher
Drouin-Evans-Hoffman
(Pitlick/Pezzetta)

Think Dadonov gets first crack at the top line, he’s shown the most juice of the headless horsemen (Drouin, Hoffman the others). But you can cycle them through that spot initially.

Reactions: ManixLiquid

Krett Bulak

Jun 21, 2010
I'm not sure what happened for Slaf to deserve a roster spot or even just 9 games?

Kid was lost and needs to get used to NA's rink size in the AHL.

I'm a big Slaf fan but the kid is not ready at all, how is he on everyone's lineup?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm not sure what happened for Slaf to deserve a roster spot or even just 9 games?

I'm a big Slaf fan but the kid is not ready at all, how is he on everyone's lineup?

He showed how quickly he learns and adapts from game to game. So it makes sense to keep that going and see how he acclimates with a couple games in the NHL and then make a decision.

He was actually better than most of the other players on the roster. If you aren't concerned about development being hampered by him starting in the NHL, he earns it on merit.

No one who critically watched that pre-season and last year should feel Hoffman or Drouin deserves an actual roster spot.

Reactions: Justin11

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I'm a fan. Want(ed) to see him dominate the OHL. If Draisaitl can go to the CHL post draft, so can Slaf.

I want the puck on his stick in all situations.

Reactions: Krett Bulak

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Caufeild Suzuki Armia
Drouin Dach Gallagher
Hoffman Dvorak Anderson
Evans Pitlick Monahan
Dadonov

1st line, Armia on the first line is weird but he always look great with Suzuki and he can do lot of the dirty work along the board retrieving puck extending possession in the offensive zone.

2nd line, Gallagher can’t carry the puck, so both Dach and Drouin can carry the puck and Gallagher can focus on crash the net.

3rd line, 3 guys that a good but the don’t really make their teammates better.

4th line, 3 guys than are very versatile can move up in the lineup.

13th FW Dadonov hasn’t shown much but he would be able to play a middle 6, better him than a prospect, prospect should be playing in the AHL.

Matheson Savard
Edmondson Wideman
Harris Bowey
Shueneman

Guhle, Barron, Xhekaj are all better than wideman, Shueneman, Bowey but they need to build up their confidence, get some experience make mistakes without having the replay going viral every time.
Has the powerplay first unit gotten any confirmation now no? Wideman or Matheson? Real interesting to see who gets it.

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
Caufield - Suzuki - Monahan/Anderson
Drouin - Dach - Anderson/Monahan
Hoffman/Pitlick - Dvorak - Gallagher
Pitlick/Hoffman - Evans - Pezzetta/Armia

Dandonov's camp as been atrocious. Hoffman and Drouin werent't any better, but if someome is to be waived with a chance of getting picked up it is Dandonov.

Last edited:

Krett Bulak

Jun 21, 2010
He showed how quickly he learns and adapts from game to game. So it makes sense to keep that going and see how he acclimates with a couple games in the NHL and then make a decision.

He was actually better than most of the other players on the roster. If you aren't concerned about development being hampered by him starting in the NHL, he earns it on merit.

No one who critically watched that pre-season and last year should feel Hoffman or Drouin deserves an actual roster spot.
Totally agree about Hoffman and Drouin not deserving a roster spot. Neither did Dadonov or Armia IMO. Gallagher was a surprise for me, did better than expected.

As for Slaf, im scared its too early but time will tell i guess

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Totally agree about Hoffman and Drouin not deserving a roster spot. Neither did Dadonov or Armia IMO. Gallagher was a surprise for me, did better than expected.

As for Slaf, im scared its too early but time will tell i guess

At least Hughes has been on record saying just because he starts here doesn't mean he ends here, or that he won't have stops in Laval along the way.

It's a fluid situation, for all the young players.

Reactions: morhilane

ericd

Feb 20, 2007
Dadonov - Suzuki - Anderson
Caufield - Dach - Evans
Hoffman - Monahan - Gallagher
Slafkovský - Dvorak - Drouin

Matheson - Savard
Xhekaj - Guhle
Harris - Wideman

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004