Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Dadanov - Suzuki - Caufield
Monahan - Dack - Anderson
Drouin - Dvorak - Gallagher
Pitlick - Evans - Armia

Hoffman
Byron

Too many forwards no room for Slafkovsky, and that could be a great thing for him and for Laval.

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
Yes, i was sarcastic lol because some people put too much attention on his % faceoffs I don’t have a problem with it!
He is 32 % on faceoffs. Hockey is a puck possession game. If you don’t have the puck 7 out of 10 times you will lose. It is idiotic not to be concerned with puck possession

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
He is 32 % on faceoffs. Hockey is a puck possession game. If you don’t have the puck 7 out of 10 times you will lose. It is idiotic not to be concerned with puck possession

It is a concern, that’s why Dach needs to take face-offs this season. Growing and developing him as a centre has to be one of the Habs top priorities this season.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
It is a concern, that’s why Dach needs to take face-offs this season. Growing and developing him as a centre has to be one of the Habs top priorities this season.

...agreed...and this is honestly the perfect season for it, as we are heading for the basement, not the Playoffs...let him get in as many faceoffs as he can so we can gauge growth in that area of his game and he can start picking up on tricks to help himself get better on the dot...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Alot of factors effect who gains posession of the puck after an initial faceoff, so it's not always solely on the players taking the faceoff.

It's obviously an area he needs to improve in but he will only improve he gets more reps.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Needs to get tutoring from the likes of Guy Carboneau and watch game film of the elite face-off winners. This should be fixable if his previously injured wrist is not holding him back.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
So far, lines are shaking out like?

Dadonov - Dvorak - Gallagher
Drouin - Evans - Armia

Which leaves?
Slaf? - Suzuki (soon) - Caufield
Hoffman/Pitlick - Dach - Anderson
Beck? Mesar? (Have played well, either could get 9 games due to injuries at center?)

Matheson - Barron
Guhle - Savard
Harris - Wideman
Schueneman or waiver pickup?
Xhekaj (9 games?)

IR: Edmundson, Monahan (soonish), Byron.

Haven’t heard anything about Monty vs Primeau.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So far, lines are shaking out like?

Drouin - Evans - Armia

Which leaves?
Slaf? - Suzuki (soon) - Caufield
Hoffman/Pitlick - Dach - Anderson
Beck? Mesar? (Have played well, either could get 9 games due to injuries at center?)

Matheson - Barron
Guhle - Savard
Harris - Wideman
Schueneman or waiver pickup?
Xhekaj (9 games?)

IR: Edmundson, Monahan (soonish), Byron.

Haven’t heard anything about Monty vs Primeau.

The vet line combos to start are:

Caufield - Suzuki - Hoffman
Pitlick - Dach - Anderson
Drouin - Evan's - Armia
Pez
IR: Monahan, Byron

But Slaf is lookinf like he'll EARN a spot...And we'll see what other combos MSL tries in preseason and who has chemistry with who...

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada

Drouin - Evan's - Armia
Pez

But Slaf is lookinf like he'll EARN a spot...And we'll see what other combos MSL tries in preseason and who has chemistry with who...
Slaf ain’t going to Laval

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

Drouin - Evan's - Armia
Pez

I could see MSL keeping the Caufield-Suzuki-Anderson line together. They played a lot under MSL last season.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

It's early, but so far it looks that way.

I could see MSL keeping the Caufield-Suzuki-Anderson line together. They played a lot under MSL last season.

I feel like, towards the end of the season, the one he went back to most on that line was Hoffman. So I wasn't surprised to see Hoffman appears to be starting there at the start of camp this year.

Reactions: Paddy17

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal

We have too many contracts and most of them aren't easy to get rid of at this point in the season (Dadonov, Hoffman, Drouin, Gallagher, Armia). Based off training camp there is also Heineman in the mix...

Byron is the only one slated to start on IR, so that makes 14 forwards (not including Heineman or Slaf). There is simply no room unless they send down Pez...

Of course we could see a trade to open up some roster spots, which would be nice.

• Haha
Reactions: dasahgah

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Not too many players or teams win 70% of draws. Like close to none.

But 32% needs some work.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We have too many contracts and most of them aren't easy to get rid of at this point in the season (Dadonov, Hoffman, Drouin, Gallagher, Armia). Based off training camp there is also Heineman in the mix...

Byron is the only one slated to start on IR, so that makes 14 forwards (not including Heineman or Slaf). There is simply no room unless they send down Pez...

Of course we could see a trade to open up some roster spots, which would be nice.

We could see a trade or .... we could see a vet sent down to Laval. I mean if Slaf looks really ready, they will not hold hin back.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
It's early, but so far it looks that way.

I feel like, towards the end of the season, the one he went back to most on that line was Hoffman. So I wasn't surprised to see Hoffman appears to be starting there at the start of camp this year.
Hoffman doesn’t score at ES and we could probably unload him. I see him as the guy to go

Fandangle

Apr 29, 2018
Dad -- Suzi -- Cole
Monahan -- Dach -- Anderson
Rem -- Dvo -- Gally
Slaf -- Evans -- Armia
Hoffman,Pez

when needed; Hoffman subs as a top 3, pez subs on the 4th line and Slaf moves up and down and subs on any line.

Drouin waived and sent to laval to center a line w/ Ylo and Heine. Maybe he can help them reach their offensive potential for when they need to be called-up.

D to start season:

Matheson -- Savard
Xhekaj -- Harris
Ghule -- Baron
Wideman

When Eddy returns send down both Ghule w/ Barron to play top minutes in Laval together:

Matheson/Eddy
Harris/Savard
Xhekaj/Wideman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad