Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Dad -- Suzi -- Cole
Monahan -- Dach -- Anderson
Rem -- Dvo -- Gally
Slaf -- Evans -- Armia
Hoffman,Pez

when needed; Hoffman subs as a top 3, pez subs on the 4th line and Slaf moves up and down and subs on any line.

Drouin waived and sent to laval to center a line w/ Ylo and Heine. Maybe he can help them reach their offensive potential for when they need to be called-up.

D to start season:

Matheson -- Savard
Xhekaj -- Harris
Ghule -- Baron
Wideman

When Eddy returns send down both Ghule w/ Barron to play top minutes in Laval together:

Matheson/Eddy
Harris/Savard
Xhekaj/Wideman
WTF Xhekaj is doing there ??

Reactions: That Habs Fan

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
The Habs are in a pretty envious position next year with about 19 million shed off the payroll and only Caufield to sign long term. Off course, bad contracts remain such as Gallagher, Armia Hoffman and Savard. If these guys can rebound this year, they can be good bargaining chips. Dvorak is an intriguing piece. Also, they can park Price on LTIR for the next 4 years and save that 10 mil. indefinitely. I got to give credit where its due, BargainBin generated depth and his successor is reaping the benefits.

Caufield Suzuki Dadonov/Hoffman
Anderson Dach/Dvorak Dadonov/Hoffman
Gallagher Dvorak/Dach Armia/Drouin
Armia/Pez Evans Pitlick/Drouin

IR/extras: Byron/Drouin/Pez/Monahan/Slaf

If you think about it, this forward group would have been worthy of a playoff contention a few years back. The Habs made the playoffs with much worse rosters than this. Subban/Weber and Price were carrying this team, some may say, but it would be a long time since a top prospect will not be rushed and will have all the time to develop in the AHL. I really hope that don't screw up again with Slaf.

Fandangle

Apr 29, 2018
WTF Xhekaj is doing there ??
No Charot, no Romanov, Savard is a teddy bear. Our D is Soft w/ out him and Ghule is less mature; could use more time and shouldn't enter the league with that kinda role. It's Xhekaj's job to lose to Shueneman the way I see it.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Based on lines we're seeing my guess is:

Caufield - Suzuki - Hoffman
Dadonov - Dvorak - Gallagher
Anderson - Dach - Slafkovsky (pitlick there atm)
Drouin - Evans - Armia

Injured: Monohan, Byron

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
With a healthy Edmundson, I suspect our pairings will look like

Matheson - Edmundson
Guhle - Savard
Wideman - Harris
Scheuneman

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
With a healthy Edmundson, I suspect our pairings will look like

Matheson - Edmundson
Guhle - Savard
Wideman - Harris
Scheuneman

They're not gonna put their two veteran LHDs on the same pairing.

Matheson-Barron
Guhle-Savard
Edmundson-Harris
Wideman

Looks like what I would see. If Barron doesn't pick up his play, expect Harris up with Matheson and Schueneman involved with Barron in the AHL.

Reactions: Paddy17

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Matheson-Barron
Guhle-Savard
Edmundson-Harris
Wideman

Looks like what I would see. If Barron doesn't pick up his play, expect Harris up with Matheson and Schueneman involved with Barron in the AHL.

I strongly doubt they will want to have a rookie on the top pairing

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Matheson-Barron
Guhle-Savard
Edmundson-Harris
Wideman

I would't mind starting the year with Guhle-Barron as 1st pair in Laval

Reactions: Wats

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I keep trying to post lines I like but we honestly have way too many forwards...I expect a move of some sort before the season starts.

Just want to say it is so extremely refreshing to look at all our forward options after last year when we were slotting in scrubs like Dauphin/Belzile/Paquette/Perreault.

Our defence is also very exciting, but young as he'll (especially with Edmundson out).

Hughes, Gorton and MSL have reignited a 38 year old's passion for this team after a couple years of extreme apathy.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
Matheson-Savard
Guhle-Edmunston
Harris-X
Wideman

Neville aint ready, send him down. Same for Slaf. Gotta find a way to somehow keep Heinemen in NA, no more international rink for you. Big fast gritty and what a release... best winger after Caufield since beginning of camp.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Based on lines we're seeing my guess is:

Anderson - Dach - Slafkovsky (pitlick there atm)
Drouin - Evans - Armia

Injured: Monohan, Byron
With a healthy lineup, I suspect it will look like this:

Monahan - Suzuki - Caufield
Slafkovsky - Dach - Anderson
Drouin - Evans - Armia/Hoffman
Hoffman/Armia

Matheson-Savard
Guhle-Edmunston
Harris-X
Wideman

Neville aint ready, send him down. Same for Slaf. Gotta find a way to somehow keep Heinemen in NA, no more international rink for you. Big fast gritty and what a release... best winger after Caufield since beginning of camp.
On D, when healthy:

Matheson - Edmundson
Guhle
- Savard
Xhekaj - Harris

Every pairing will have some size and physicality, plus puck-movement. Guhle will be both on his pairing.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The D is problematic for sure. Forwards we have too many of.

Matheson - Savard
Edmundson - Wideman
Xhekaj/Guhle - Harris
Schueneman

Barron hasn't been impressive but they might keep him up anyway.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The D is problematic for sure. Forwards we have too many of.

Matheson - Savard
Edmundson - Wideman
Xhekaj/Guhle - Harris
Schueneman

Barron hasn't been impressive but they might keep him up anyway.

If those are the top 8, I could see:

Matheson - Eddie
Guhle - Savard
Xhekaj/Wideman - Harris
Schue

But Barron improved last season over 5 games. It will be interesting to see how he looks in game 8 of the preseason. He should play every game.

Or maybe Eddie stabilizes Barron:

Matheson - Harris
Guhle - Savard
Eddie - Barron
Schue, Wideman

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
A lot can change since there is only 2 games played but for now I would start with:

Don't like Hoffman there, but it's seem to be the plan and Suzuki-Caufield played well when they where with him last year. If where lucky, it could maybe give a little bit value to Hoffman

Monahan - Dach - Anderson
Monahan can finish some play of a playmaker and he can help Dach on the FO. Anderson play could create space for Dach. Anderson and Hoffman can be switch

They seem to want to with that lineup and I heard that they look good during the scrimmage. I think I would prefer Dadonov with Suzuki-Caufield then Hoffman, but I have no problem with trying that line.

Drouin - Evans - Armia
I don't want to have to much hope with Jo, but he did well with Armia at multiple times and I think Evans can complete them well as being the F1 and being his responsable play. The fact that they will face 4th line and 3rd pair could be interesting too.

I think Slaf need to start in the AHL and take some confidence.

Matheson - Savard
Veteran pair that can face #1 line even if it's not the best chair for both players.

Edmundson - Harris
Guhle is better then Harris in my eyes, but I think he have some little things to work on in the AHL at the opposite of Harris who I don't think playing in the AHL will be that much benefit.

Waiver claim - Wideman
A 3rd pair of a team that is tanking.. I would have like if Barron showed he was ready but he need time in the AHL.

Schuneman

If Edmundson is still injured then:
Matheson - Savard
Harris - Wideman
Waiver claim - Schuneman

Reactions: Lebowski

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
We’re starting to see some combos here:

Caufield-suzuki- Anderson/Heineman/Slaf/Hoff
Pitlick-Dach-Anderson/Heineman/Slaf
Dadonov-Dvorak-Gally
Drouin/Pezz-Evans-Armia/Hoff

Matheson-Edmunston/Barron
Guhle-Savard
Fairbrother/Schuneman-Wideman

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
A lot can change since there is only 2 games played but for now I would start with:

Don't like Hoffman there, but it's seem to be the plan and Suzuki-Caufield played well when they where with him last year. If where lucky, it could maybe give a little bit value to Hoffman

Monahan - Dach - Anderson
Monahan can finish some play of a playmaker and he can help Dach on the FO. Anderson play could create space for Dach. Anderson and Hoffman can be switch

They seem to want to with that lineup and I heard that they look good during the scrimmage. I think I would prefer Dadonov with Suzuki-Caufield then Hoffman, but I have no problem with trying that line.

Drouin - Evans - Armia
I don't want to have to much hope with Jo, but he did well with Armia at multiple times and I think Evans can complete them well as being the F1 and being his responsable play. The fact that they will face 4th line and 3rd pair could be interesting too.

I think Slaf need to start in the AHL and take some confidence.

Matheson - Savard
Veteran pair that can face #1 line even if it's not the best chair for both players.

Edmundson - Harris
Guhle is better then Harris in my eyes, but I think he have some little things to work on in the AHL at the opposite of Harris who I don't think playing in the AHL will be that much benefit.

Waiver claim - Wideman
A 3rd pair of a team that is tanking.. I would have like if Barron showed he was ready but he need time in the AHL.

Schuneman

If Edmundson is still injured then:
Matheson - Savard
Harris - Wideman
Waiver claim - Schuneman
I might play around with the lines a bit, but I agree a 100% in terms of roster management. I really hope they let the kids stew in the AHL a bit.

I guess Guhle could legitimately be in the NHL to start the season. But Slaf? With how crowded things are on the wings and his somewhat uninspired play in preseason, it’s the perfect scenario for him to go to Laval.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad