News & Notes XLIII: Cam Ward is a Cute lil 10 Year Old

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
His comments about Bunting were funny. About how his head was spinning trying to learn the Canes man to man systems for the first couple of months.
And yet its extremely telling on why it takes new guys a bit of time to get up to speed in our system. It demands a lot, seasoned pros have to relearn their assignments playing here, so its no surprise to see guys like Bunting, and even those like Orlov struggle early on.

Very much worth keeping this in mind regarding any potential deadline acquisitions. I've long thought this is a main driver behind our decision to never really want a true rental, and why we tend to always look for guys with term. Rentals may never go through that adaption process fully.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Did anyone hear anything about Rod being done with Necas? I didn’t. I just heard Friedman say he thinks Necas’ future is probably coming to a head. With a new contract needed that’s not exactly news.
CDN media

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Did anyone hear anything about Rod being done with Necas? I didn’t. I just heard Friedman say he thinks Necas’ future is probably coming to a head. With a new contract needed that’s not exactly news.
Rumor mill runs amuck trade deadline week.

I think speculation comes from Necas' name being floated in the Tkachuk and Petey "trades" versus RBA's discomfort with his play.

He has been playing great since he came back from injury and a 1:1 swap would still leave us a player short.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'll be honest, I don't understand the appeal of Fallon but I chuckled at that.
While comedy is a personal taste for everyone, I think part of the appeal of Fallon is that he comes across as more vulnerable and genuinely laughing at things, even himself; so there's a joy to it that he's laughing at the same things we might be. for some, it creates a "fun" environment.

If you go back to his SNL days, there were multiple skits where he just couldn't keep a straight face and was laughing at the other comedians on the show. Take the "more cowbell" skit. He couldn't hold it in and struggled to get his lines out. Often that's frowned upon, but he made it work.

I don't watch his show often, but I see that in his talk show as well.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
By the way, I was in Hawaii back in about 2018 (Big Island). The bartender at the Luau I was at asked where I was from and I said "North Carolina". He said he used to come to NC as a kid because his Dad was a professional wrestler.

Come to find out, his Dad was Harold Sakata, who played Odd Job in Goldfinger. He showed me all sorts of pictures of his Dad and him as a kid. Was really cool

The one tidbit he told me about Goldfinger was they had to do the scene where Odd Job got electrocuted in 1 take, because his dad got bad burns in that scene, but refused to let go even though he was in pain, because he knew he wouldn't be able to do another take.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
By the way, I was in Hawaii back in about 2018 (Big Island). The bartender at the Luau I was at asked where I was from and I said "North Carolina". He said he used to come to NC as a kid because his Dad was a professional wrestler.

Come to find out, his Dad was Harold Sakata, who played Odd Job in Goldfinger. He showed me all sorts of pictures of his Dad and him as a kid. Was really cool

The one tidbit he told me about Goldfinger was they had to do the scene where Odd Job got electrocuted in 1 take, because his dad got bad burns in that scene, but refused to let go even though he was in pain, because he knew he wouldn't be able to do another take.
Who throws a hat? Oh wait. wrong movie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad