News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2021-22 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Another non-Trotz HC hire… intriguing coaching carousel this year.
I wonder if Florida hired Maurcie to prove a point. It is very interesting that they hired a Blackhawks connected coach not long after Quenneville, er, resigned. (Yes, I think Bettman forced that.) I dunno, I'd find it to be pretty difficult to root for that organization.

I think it's either WPG or NSH for Trotz, whether as a coach or in another role.

Edit: I confused maurice for cheveldayoff. I'm a bozo.

Last edited:

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
It has been since Paul Coffey. Guys like Rod Langway will never win the Norris again.
Langway was always a bit of an aberration, though. The prototypical Norris (Lidstrom, Orr, Potvin, Robinson, Chelios) winner contributes everywhere. I agree that Karlsson + Burns don't fit that model. My only misgiving with Makar winning Norris is that he might have been a better Hart winner. McAvoy maybe fits the traditional model better, but Makar is no Karlsson. More like Niedermayer with a touch of Coffey.

Reactions: MJF

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Rumor is Trotz turned down $7M a year from Philadelphia, so he must know exactly what he wants and will sit if he doesn't get it.
PHI is paying that as mask for their own GM-created problems. Fletcher is just crap and part of the old boys network that PHI owners like. Trotz probably sees that a mile away. PHI ain’t competing any time soon.

Reactions: JKP

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Laffs fans are sensitive or what? Point out that Matthews Hart whether he deserved it or not. I would have gone McDavid and or Shesterkin since they were more valuable to their teams. Anyway, point out that this is going to cost them when Matthews is ready to up his already extremely player friendly contract that Dumbass got bent over by Matthews agent, and they start writing essays to reply to me. Somethings are so predictable as the Laffs golfing each spring. What a fragile bunch they have over there.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
had to figure his mothers death really hurt him this season
I'm not comfortable speculating, but it sounds like something is happening in his personal life and he's shifted his priority.

It does make me wonder about the assistants who won't be back though. Curious where they're going.

Reactions: lafellaesobar

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
If you listen to Paul Maurice interview the other day on XM, he gets into some detail on how the bubble and the entire COVID thing had an impact on him from a professional standpoint, but also into his personal life.

Reactions: lafellaesobar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad