News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2017-18 Edition PART I

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I picked up Guenztel in a 20 team/4 keeper fantasy league 9th overall.

So far, happy with the pick
(other keepers are Backstrom, O'Reilly, Barkov, and Schwartz).

I didn't catch the Alberta matchup, but McDavid can win games at will, so I'd take Hamonic's numbers with a grain of salt. That being said, I expect a bounce back year for Hamonic, but don't see him returning to the defenseman we thought he was going to develop into (top pairing, shutdown, strong #2 type).

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
The Jets stunk, talk about how deflating not scoring on three consecutive powerplay's can be.

I'm glad we essentially added four powerplay weapons to our team this offseason, because it's not only something we all know this team needs, but it's a true momentum changer.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
The Jets stunk, talk about how deflating not scoring on three consecutive powerplay's can be.

I'm glad we essentially added four powerplay weapons to our team this offseason, because it's not only something we all know this team needs, but it's a true momentum changer.

The Jets are such an enigma. They have a ton of talent, but they're like an amorphous blob of talent with little identity. They have been that way for a while too.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The Jets are such an enigma. They have a ton of talent, but they're like an amorphous blob of talent with little identity. They have been that way for a while too.
Weak goaltending, defensive depth is questionable, Paul Maurice and Kevin Chevaldayoff. 'nuff said.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Shattenkirk weak in front of the net as Duchene gives the Avs a 1-0 lead over the Rags.

Damn, thought about taking Duchene in my fantasy league. Grabbed Sam Reinhart instead. Maybe I'll have to go back and grab him when one of my guys goes down (oddly enough, nobody picked up Duchene).

Reactions: SI90

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Saad back in Chicago and opens up with a hatty. Final 10-1, what a beating.
I'll be curious this year to see how Saad and Panarin do with CHI and CBJ. The assumption seemed to be that CBJ won that deal, but maybe the players they played with had something to do with Saad's and Panarin's production. Panarin played mostly with Kane, right? Not anymore....

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'll be really curio

I'll be curious this year to see how Saad and Panarin do with CHI and CBJ. The assumption seemed to be that CBJ won that deal, but maybe the players they played with had something to do with Saad's and Panarin's production. Panarin played mostly with Kane, right? Not anymore....

I believe that's correct. Definitely interesting to see how those two are going to perform. Anyone playing with Kane will rack up points though.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I’m losing my mind with this. This is like Groundhog Day for me as an Isles/Knights fan. The best part is that GMGM said Subban isn’t ready for the NHL.

And after saying that he is now waiving Pickard!! Is he already planning on throwing games for the bettors? I'm in shock.... He must have a lot of faith in Subban's upside, or he's planning to get Fleury 75 games. I mean, I can see him wanting to build for the future but some of these decisions have become mind boggling.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
What was that noise in Madison Square Garden last night?

Xu15qsS.png

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Saad back in Chicago and opens up with a hatty. Final 10-1, what a beating.

Saad's a f***ing beast.

I wish we got him back when he was first traded off the hawks.

I would have done Neilsen, Dal Colle, 1st.

He'll pot 30 this year in Chicago.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Kadri undresses Hayes and puts in the Leafs 8th goal of the night.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
It looks like Rocky Strome has figured out in 2 games on a team with Maroon, Lucic and Kassian that he has to be the new goon, the only way this guy can survive in the NHL these days is becoming an agitator

Hamonic was putrid despite his team winning...

I am starting to think Philly is going to be dangerous.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The Chicago Blackhawks appear ready to bitch slap their way through the league this season after last year's embarrassing first round exit.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Alexander Ovechkin is on pace for 206 goals. 2 hatties so far this season. Save some for the playoffs Ovie.:laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad