News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2017-18 Edition PART I

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Eichel and Ehlers both re-sign long term and we're just chillin'.
To be fair, both are RFA on 2nd pro contracts. Their teams have the right to match any signed offer sheet .Isles have no leverage with the Tavares situation other then being able to offer 1 extra yr on an extension.

I do like the Ehlers contract from the Jets side of the table.7 yrs at $6m per.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Tom Wilson is a *****..

Also, won't exactly be actively rooting against CGY this year, I like their team and fans but if they somehow did bad, that'd be good for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Svengoolie

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Tom Wilson is a *****..

Also, won't exactly be actively rooting against CGY this year, I like their team and fans but if they somehow did bad, that'd be good for us.

Oh i'll be rooting against them this year. I do like their team and hope they become the Western Conf champs for next 5 years, beginning in '18-19 season.

Last edited by a moderator:

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I have no intentions in rooting against Calgary, unless they're playing the isles of course. Whatever happens, happens.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'm gonna watch some of the Calgary game tonight to see how Hamonic does.

Will be weird seeing hin rock #24.

And Calgary not making the playoffs would allow Snow to use his first round at the deadline/draft while still getting a lottery ticket.

I have no ill will against them, but here's to hoping Mike Smith and Eddie Lack blow chunks.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Seems like the floodgates have opened for Tom Wilson. Now he's on the fast track to be Matt Cooke'd, well deserved. Washington fans can whine and cry about it all they want, he's a dirty player.

I want him out of the league.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Watching the games tonight, wow, Travis Hamonic was awful for Calgary, super pitiful, feel bad for him, he was like a pylon, team loses 3-0 and he goes minus 3, I think Amac was playing better tonight than him.

Strome, is very mismatched in Edmonton, game is too fast for him there.

Got to like that New york kid Labanc on San Jose.. just odd watching San Jose without Marleau.

Like this McKegg guy on Pittsburgh, sleeper type player.

The Jets looked liked the Isles of last year playing the Leafs

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Watching the games tonight, wow, Travis Hamonic was awful for Calgary, super pitiful, feel bad for him, he was like a pylon, team loses 3-0 and he goes minus 3, I think Amac was playing better tonight than him.

Got to like that New york kid Labanc on San Jose.. just odd watching San Jose without Marleau.

Like this McKegg guy on Pittsburgh, sleeper type player.

The Jets looked liked the Isles of last year playing the Leafs
turned the calgary game on and the announcers were gushing over Hammer ... damn first game -3 ... can't wait til friday to see what our D does .... LGI

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

In fairness, he was matched up most of the night against some guy wearing #97. That guy's probably going to make quite a few players have -3 nights this season.

I thought Strome was a non-factor. Not even bad, necessarily. Just that he did basically nothing out there. The only reason I even noticed him is because I went out of my way to look for his number to see how he was doing. And it's not even that his line did nothing, as I thought both Jokinen and Caggiula looked alright.

It's just one game, but Strome does not look like a player that should have been taken 5th overall.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
In fairness, he was matched up most of the night against some guy wearing #97. That guy's probably going to make quite a few players have -3 nights this season.

I thought Strome was a non-factor. Not even bad, necessarily. Just that he did basically nothing out there. The only reason I even noticed him is because I went out of my way to look for his number to see how he was doing. And it's not even that his line did nothing, as I thought both Jokinen and Caggiula looked alright.

It's just one game, but Strome does not look like a player that should have been taken 5th overall.

Wonder where Strome would have fallen if the Isles didn't pick him 5th, he is going to be a forechecker, the next Ian LaPerriere for sure

What is the deal with that McKegg character, he is all over the ice, is he your Cizikas or better than that? Rust has a lot of upside.

Hammer only looked good against the RNH, I think RNH was terrible tonight. Other pairings against McDavid were able to push him to the perimeter a little. Hamonic is definitely slower than he was 2 years ago. Still as an Isles fan, I don't think Calgary will be that bad with Smith in net, he is the best they have had their in a long time.

Speaking of terrible, San Jose, bad showing at home.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
What is the deal with that McKegg character, he is all over the ice, is he your Cizikas or better than that? Rust has a lot of upside.
Wasn't he a leafs pick like 7-8 years ago? Got traded to Florida for pennies then I guess they didn't resign him

Speaking of terrible, San Jose, bad showing at home.

Flyers are lucky to get that West Coast California trip out of the way early. I remember in the 80s, it seemed like every year the Islanders did a west coast trip to start the season

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

He's just the current fill-in at 3C until Rutherford finds a more permanent solution. McKegg likely is what he is at this point; a 4C with some offensive skill who'll bounce between the NHL and AHL.

He had a really good preseason and was quite good in his first game, though, so maybe he's got another level to his game. I wouldn't bet on it long-term, however.

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
is it me or every time i see mike smith , he's getting his mask knocked off ...guy looks like an angry disheveled hippie all the time

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
I'm gonna watch some of the Calgary game tonight to see how Hamonic does.

Will be weird seeing hin rock #24.

And Calgary not making the playoffs would allow Snow to use his first round at the deadline/draft while still getting a lottery ticket.

I have no ill will against them, but here's to hoping Mike Smith and Eddie Lack blow chunks.
That’s an added bonus to the season. It’ll be fun rooting against the Flames.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Mcdavid is unreal. Hamonic looked slow against him but everyone is slow vrs #97. The guy deserved the hype that is for sure.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
At least we know who was truly responsible for the three goalie thing....George McPhee. Garth Snow is now off the hook! Just took him 6 months to realize what McPhee had done!
I’m losing my mind with this. This is like Groundhog Day for me as an Isles/Knights fan. The best part is that GMGM said Subban isn’t ready for the NHL.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
I know it's just one game but I think we really got a good return on a declining player such as Hamonic. He wasn't the same player for us last year, looked slow and always trying to catch up to the pace of the game.

As for Strome, I hope he does well in EDM, but wouldn't be surprised to see his name show up on the waiver wire. But I can see that happen around the TDL, when EDM might shed some salary to make a move. It's just a shame he couldn't become that second offensive weapon behind JT that he looked like he was with that 50 pt season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad