News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2017-18 Edition PART I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
There's a player or two I'd want from the Flyers....too bad they are in the same division.

Lapoint for a puck
Timander for a puck
York for Robitaille
Zhitnik for Freddy 111
Macdonald for picks and pucks
Streit for picks and pucks

That's 6 trades in 15 years. Without checking league wide
I will guess that may be the top amount of trades between 2 teams in that time span . Garth is a Flyer.
Not to go after you friend . We deal with them often.

A productive Zhitnik for Freddy
Then the flyers flip Zhitnik for Braden Cobern .
Still makes me shake my head why we could not have had a young Braden Coburn for years and years to come . Oh well.
Long live Freddy 111!!!!

How about a first in 18 ( whichever ) a second in 18 ( whichever )
And a little salary , maybe clutterbuck For Simmonds ?

LGI

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I was talking about Ghost :cool:...Flyers have some real good D prospects/rookies and are a top heavy team regarding their forwards... Their problem (outside of coaching) is that they don't have a solid bottom half of the team. We could totally kit them out for their bottom 6 and add prospects and pics for him. Everybody wants 1 high end for another hight end....It doesn't work that way. Sometimes, you need to trade one very good player for many solid bottom players to bring balance to the team.

Anyway..they probably won't go for it. Ghost would be a better option than OEL (just my opinion).

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Lapoint for a puck
Timander for a puck
York for Robitaille
Zhitnik for Freddy 111
Macdonald for picks and pucks
Streit for picks and pucks

That's 6 trades in 15 years. Without checking league wide
I will guess that may be the top amount of trades between 2 teams in that time span . Garth is a Flyer.
Not to go after you friend . We deal with them often.

A productive Zhitnik for Freddy
Then the flyers flip Zhitnik for Braden Cobern .
Still makes me shake my head why we could not have had a young Braden Coburn for years and years to come . Oh well.
Long live Freddy 111!!!!

How about a first in 18 ( whichever ) a second in 18 ( whichever )
And a little salary , maybe clutterbuck For Simmonds ?

LGI

Zhitnik to Philly was because of cheapo Wang. Isles moved him mid-season because it saved more money.

Zhitnik to Atlanta was desperate Don Waddell facing the Thrashers first ever playoffs. Clearly the ownership and management in Atlanta were already feeling the heat of a failing market.

But as good as it would have been to acquire Coburn; it would never have happened for the Isles. A desperate trade like that would only happen during the deadline. Wang would not have waited that long. He probably saved himself 1-2 mil in Zhitnik’s salary.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Hamonic's nightmare season continues - just got ejected for a hit to the head on Dale Weise. Major penalty with his team already down 5-2 early in the 3rd.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I saw a blurb on TSN saying that Carolina's ownership is talking to a potential buyer from Texas. It's a video that I can't watch (in US), so IDK the details. Kinda makes you wonder about Houston though.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Although they should move. I've done many road trips. Raleigh was by far the lamest trip.
What was lame about it? I’ve thought about making that trip myself, but I don’t wanna waste my time and money if it’s gonna suck.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
What was lame about it? I’ve thought about making that trip myself, but I don’t wanna waste my time and money if it’s gonna suck.

The arena is in the middle of nowhere, so you need to drive/cab it there. Supposedly Durham is kinda happening these days, and Chapel Hill is always decent but it's no great shakes. I usually see a game there at least once a season because I have a good friend who lives in Charlotte and we make the 2 hour drive to Raleigh.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
The arena is in the middle of nowhere, so you need to drive/cab it there. Supposedly Durham is kinda happening these days, and Chapel Hill is always decent but it's no great shakes. I usually see a game there at least once a season because I have a good friend who lives in Charlotte and we make the 2 hour drive to Raleigh.
Thanks. I have no problem taking a cab, if Durham is worthwhile.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Michael Grabner, Mr. Couldn't hit the ocean in a rowboat, goes to the Rags and becomes a top tier scorer. Unreal

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I saw a blurb on TSN saying that Carolina's ownership is talking to a potential buyer from Texas. It's a video that I can't watch (in US), so IDK the details. Kinda makes you wonder about Houston though.

I would be shocked if Houston got a team. First of all, I don't think Hockey would do well there. There was inklings of a team moving there many years ago but it was shot down as the owner of the Rockets and the Toyota Center said he didn't want a hockey team. The AHL team (Houston Aeros) didn't draw that well. Used to go and watch Mike Smith play. We called him 5 goal Mike Smith because the guy seemed to give up 5 goals every game lol. He's come a long way. Anyway, now that it seems the Rockets owner is getting out of the picture, its possible it could happen. I still find it highly unlikely.

Full disclosure, lived in Houston for 6 years, hated all 6 lol.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I would be shocked if Houston got a team. First of all, I don't think Hockey would do well there. There was inklings of a team moving there many years ago but it was shot down as the owner of the Rockets and the Toyota Center said he didn't want a hockey team. The AHL team (Houston Aeros) didn't draw that well. Used to go and watch Mike Smith play. We called him 5 goal Mike Smith because the guy seemed to give up 5 goals every game lol. He's come a long way. Anyway, now that it seems the Rockets owner is getting out of the picture, its possible it could happen. I still find it highly unlikely.

Full disclosure, lived in Houston for 6 years, hated all 6 lol.

I’ve been telling people Texas isn’t getting two teams. Indy Milwaukee Portland and Salt Lake will get teams before they do

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Do you guys think we can somehow get Perreault from the Jets? He'd be perfect to replace Quine. That guy is like another Zeeker with more production.

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
Do you guys remember the Martin hit on Keith Ballard in 2015/16? Didn't Ballard say something to the effect that: "he turned into that one"? This guy is saying Martin is similarily dirty to Tom Wilson on the main boards. IMO Martin is one of the most controlled players, considering the amount of hits he generated over the last years and how few were suspension-worthy. Does anyone have better memory than me?

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Do you guys remember the Martin hit on Keith Ballard in 2015/16? Didn't Ballard say something to the effect that: "he turned into that one"? This guy is saying Martin is similarily dirty to Tom Wilson on the main boards. IMO Martin is one of the most controlled players, considering the amount of hits he generated over the last years and how few were suspension-worthy. Does anyone have better memory than me?

Yeah I remember that incident and that Ballard did in fact say he turned his back at the last second and essentially put himself in that spot. Martin was the league leader in hits for what? 4 consecutive seasons and has been suspended twice in his career. Once for the Ballard hit and once for fight night at the coliseum vs the pens in 2011. Comparing Wilson to Martin is laughable at best and that person clearly doesn't watch hockey. Wilson has been suspended multiple times more and is wreckless as hell. Sometimes I wish an Eric Cairns type player would just knock the shit outta that clown a la my avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad