News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
T-Mobile arena took 2 years from breaking ground to opening. if there's been any preliminary design work, then the built process could be expedited.

wow thats really quick 2 years! how long did prudential take? 4? gotta figure building in vegas is a lot easier red tape wise and weather wise then building in the north east

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
*sigh* i miss the nets being here

/unpopular opinion

2000-2003 was a fun time for Nets fans.
They were the most or 2nd most entertaining team in the league during that time.

We can blame Bergen County politicians like Loretta Weinberg who were on record saying that they would rather the Nets move out of state than down to Newark.
It's too bad they didn't join the Devils at The Rock, they still had a good team prior to them being sold to The Rat who then gutted the roster on purpose and turned them into a laughing stock by the time they arrived in Newark for their temp stay.

They are still a disaster and an afterthought in this market and most former Nets fans in NJ no longer pay any attention to them (including me).
I actually stopped watching the NBA quite a while ago.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
T-Mobile arena took 2 years from breaking ground to opening. if there's been any preliminary design work, then the built process could be expedited.

wow thats really quick 2 years! how long did prudential take? 4? gotta figure building in vegas is a lot easier red tape wise and weather wise then building in the north east

Prudential broke ground Oct 2005 and opened Oct 2007 so about 2 years as well.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
And if you've been there, you'd know it's also the worst venue in the league. By far.

No, I have not been there yet.
It's a major pain to commute there from NJ and the Devils are still winless in reg season games there.

However, I will check the schedule and see if the Devils have a weekend matinee contest there and consider making the road trip.

I used to thoroughly enjoy weekend trips to see the Devils at the NVMC.

As far as when Belmont would be ready, figure 4 to 5 years from now.
Too much red tape in this area.

Barclays could even boot them out after next season if they cannot agree to a deal that makes financial sense with the Islanders owners since Belmont will compete with them.
In that case the Islanders would look to play in the NVMC as a stop gap home until Belmont is ready.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The Isles belong on the Island. Brooklyn never seemed like a place they belonged.

Absolutely, Brooklyn is not working out for them and the commute to games sucks big time for their fanbase which is mostly based in Nassau/Suffolk.

I even had to change their acronym here on HFB from NYi to NYb.

Now with that said, Belmont, while technically in Nassau County, Long Island, is literally on the border of Queens.
The NVMC is about 15 miles East of Belmont.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Absolutely, Brooklyn is not working out for them and the commute to games sucks big time for their fanbase which is mostly based in Nassau/Suffolk.

I even had to change their acronym here on HFB from NYi to NYb.

Now with that said, Belmont, while technically in Nassau County, Long Island, is literally on the border of Queens.
The NVMC is about 15 miles East of Belmont.

i always thought the nyB was because they were the second fiddle in ny to the rangers and thus nyB squad. go figure

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Dylan and really all of the Stromes are awful skaters. I have no idea how they manage to be drafted so highly. It’s a shame too because if Dylan could make his skating average he’d be a beast center.

Reactions: Darkauron

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
glad the isles are moving back. barclays sucks, and it just didn't seem right for their home arena to not be in long island.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
My god is Carolina playing horribly right now. I'd kill for one of their LD though.

The guys announcing the game for Sportsnet are terrible. Calling the Carolina Hurricanes the Avalanche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad