News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They would be over the cap if Karlsson's new deal took place immediately, not TWO YEARS from now. They have $40 million for nine players committed to the payroll in two years when the extension would kick in. And if you can't sign one of the five best players in the league it's not cause of cap issues, you make cap room for Erik Karlsson.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
They would be over the cap if Karlsson's new deal took place immediately, not TWO YEARS from now. They have $40 million for nine players committed to the payroll in two years when the extension would kick in. And if you can't sign one of the five best players in the league it's not cause of cap issues, you make cap room for Erik Karlsson.

what makes you think that spending at the cap will finally bring fans to watch the games and support the team up there? also keep in mind they need to be at the minimum 55 to field a team assuming it stays the same in two years. so even at 40 million karlsson will bring that to 50. where are they going to find 25 million worth of nhl talent to compete?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
lol I'd only heard it here from you, it wouldn't have surprised me that Wang did that but I didn't know it for sure till I googled Garth Snow contract and came across this piece from Arthur Staple:

Isles owners have big decisions to make

So guess it is at least 5+ years :laugh:
There were rumors that it was for 10 years, but that may have just been something that I read on here. I haven't seen any confirmation on exactly how many years, outside of that Staple article that said it was at least 5 years.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
There were rumors that it was for 10 years, but that may have just been something that I read on here. I haven't seen any confirmation on exactly how many years, outside of that Staple article that said it was at least 5 years.

It was mentioned on a podcast he got a 10 year deal, but even that source had no definitive proof. It would fit Wang's idiocy quite well though so I could easily believe it.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It was mentioned on a podcast he got a 10 year deal, but even that source had no definitive proof. It would fit Wang's idiocy quite well though so I could easily believe it.
I'd love it if he had a 10 year deal.

How many years has it been since Wang sold? Has to be 2 or 3 years at least, right?

7 more years of Snow would be awesome. I mean, he obviously could be fired at any time, but if he has 6 or 7 years left, it might be a couple more years before he gets fired and a much longer leash.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Sounds like some vigilante justice needs to be doled out in the next meeting.

If I were Cooper, I would ream out the league to the media in my next press conference.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Vegas is fun to watch.

They play fast and their crowd is really loud and active. Crowd reminds me a lot of Nashville.

So Vegas and Nashville are filling buildings with loud, passionate crowds while Ottawa can't convince their fans to come out to a conference finals game?

The next Winter Classic will be played in hell, which has clearly frozen over.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
So Vegas and Nashville are filling buildings with loud, passionate crowds while Ottawa can't convince their fans to come out to a conference finals game?

The next Winter Classic will be played in hell, which has clearly frozen over.

Look at the location of Vegas and Nashvilles arenas in their respective cities and Ottawas.

Obviously there's more at play than that, but it's a huge part of it.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
And he got 2 games for that friggin cheap shot. What a joke of a suspension for a move that could’ve cost that player his career let alone his ability to walk.

Agreed. Absolutely ridiculous. EJ should've got 10 games MINIMUM. If I were Parros and co. I would've suspended him 20-30 games. There is NO place for that in this game. None.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

granted i dont know the timelines or if any were given but i would assume that this is at the least 5 years away from opening the doors. so tavares is going to resign here play in limbo for 5 years and then be happy at the tail end of his new 8 year deal?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
NYb will continue to rent as a lame duck tenant in the Brooklyn basketball arena for another 4 to 5 seasons.

They do play very well there however even though it's the worst ice surface in the league.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
There are going to be so many freaking arenas in this area. Still don't know how this could possibly be a good idea.

Well, Belmont will only really compete with the NVMC and to a lesser extent Barclays and MSG.

Prudential Center will see little to no effect as it draws people that wont go all the way to Long Island.

Barclays doesn't draw many people from NJ since its a major pain to get there from West of the Hudson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad