News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
It sure makes you wonder, doesn't it?

I remember someone pointed out years ago, how they've parted with players that don't fit that mold. Like JVR didn't really have that reputation, so he was traded for Luke Schenn (BAD trade for the Flyers). I never really thought that Brayden Schenn was a goon-type, then they trade him to St Louis.

I'm still trying to figure out why Hextall gets so much credit around the league. He's like the Eastern Conference darling of GM's over on the main board, much like Chayka was to the Western Conference, before this season started. I know he had to undo quite a mess from the previous GM, but he hasn't been anything special. And the goalie position over there, is really a sore sight. What else is new though? Neuvirth has played pretty solid, but Elliott gets most of the starts. Whether or not Neuvirth would play that well as a starter, who knows? Always thought of him as a 1b/backup, who fluctuates from year to year.

When Gudas played for the Lightning I thought... he is such a Flyers type player. Then they trade for him :laugh:

Reactions: mtnet and Bleedred

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
DPnhyTlUEAAghOP.jpg:large

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I think it's a paid subscription, but in The Athletic, Pronman graded or ranked the 2015 draft class.

Is PZ in the Top-25?

I'll bet he has Barzal in the Top-6.

IMO it's still a little too early but guys like Boeser and Barzal are certainly outperforming players drafted much higher at this point.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I think it's a paid subscription, but in The Athletic, Pronman graded or ranked the 2015 draft class.

Is PZ in the Top-25?

I'll bet he has Barzal in the Top-6.

IMO it's still a little too early but guys like Boeser and Barzal are certainly outperforming players drafted much higher at this point.

It wasn't an individual ranking, it was giving teams an overall grade for the draft. He gave us a B, saying Zacha wouldn't go that high in a re-draft, but is a fine young player who will breakthrough at the NHL level eventually.

The Rangers got the only F of any of the teams he ranked.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It wasn't an individual ranking, it was giving teams an overall grade for the draft. He gave us a B, saying Zacha wouldn't go that high in a re-draft, but is a fine young player who will breakthrough at the NHL level eventually.

The Rangers got the only F of any of the teams he ranked.

What did Rawly, Cbj, NYb, Pitts and Philly get?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
A-, A-, A-, B-, A

He had 20 teams graded a B- or better, so there wasn't a lot of separation between teams. Only 3 teams received grades lower than a C (Chicago and Montreal both had a D, the Rangers the lone F).

LOL at the Rags.
Philly and NYb had strong drafts getting 2 1st round picks each and two of them are already stars in Ivan and Barzal.

Cbj got Werenski who would be a godsend on this current Devils team.

Last edited:

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
How is it here on HF that we would pass on 1 yr left on 25 yo Alex Petrovic from Fla at $1.85M and stand pat on Ben LJ (33yr old 2 yrs left @ $2.7) or consider signing KQ (33 yr old) back at $1.25M?

Because we could pick up Quincey for free, he is a cheap stopgap LD, and we would have to give up assets for Petrovic most likely and he is a RD. And I do like Petrovic. Also LJ sucks but you cant get rid of him that easy.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Because we could pick up Quincey for free, he is a cheap stopgap LD, and we would have to give up assets for Petrovic most likely and he is a RD. And I do like Petrovic. Also LJ sucks but you cant get rid of him that easy.
Eat 50% of LJ for Petro. He has fallen out of favor in Fla. Its bad asset for bad asset, so scenery change for both. Don't get me wrong I know LJ stinks but at 50 off? If Petro sucks at seasons end, bye! Quincey is free but isn't he just LJ?
I had mentioned here 10 days ago and its was snuffed out. At least Petro is big and throws it around, my point is, cant be much worse.
And we free ourselves of last yr of LJ!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They'd have to eat Prout's salary and waive him to pick up Quincey unless they want to do 8 D again which makes little sense since Prout's fallen out of the rotation.

Why bother to eat 50% of Lovejoy's salary now in a negative trade when you can just ride him out on the third pairing and then buy him out at the end of the year? It's not like Quincey's THAT much better than Lovejoy where they have to shoehorn him in at all costs. Heck if you want to bench Lovejoy I'd rather have him as the #7D than Prout anyway.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, let's stay away from retreads like Quincey. If we had Seth Helgeson on the roster right now and playing nightly, I'd be all for snagging Quincey off of waivers. We don't have Seth Helgeson on the roster right now and the only guy that's probably definitely worse than Quincey is now, is permanently a healthy scratch anyway.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey

I may be a bit late but I just saw this.I feel for him having to be force to hanging it up over an injury and the fact he seemed to be playing good this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad