News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Patty has 2 cups to their combined zero. I think that holds more weight than an art Ross trophy.
I don't know if I agree with this. I think you get into the Hall of Fame based more on your individual merit and accomplishments than team ones.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
i dont think they're locks for the HHOF at all. sorry but if jeremy roenick doesn't get in, the sedins don't get in.

edit- a compromise. let one of the sedins into the HHOF just to be a dick about it

lol it would actually be hilarious if one was a first-ballot guy and the other wasn't but the hockey establishment will probably just follow along and do them a solid putting both in the same year

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I wont be able to watch it live, but that COL/STL match tomorrow is gonna be insane.

Reactions: mtnet

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
i dont think they're locks for the HHOF at all. sorry but if jeremy roenick doesn't get in, the sedins don't get in.

edit- a compromise. let one of the sedins into the HHOF just to be a dick about it
Roenick isn't in because tons of people absolutely hate him and consider him a self promoting clown, they don't care that his playing career merits induction.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

I like it...Andy Dalton got a lot of extra money from Buffalo Bills fans for his charity beating whoever it was (the Ravens?) to help the Bills get in, I was remembering where I'd seen something like this recently and it finally came to me it was with that.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017

Skip to 3:50 in the video - Gross walks in on a Dana White interview and is clearly ignoring commands to come back and walk another way, around the interview. No ****s were given haha

Caught my eye watching it and I thought ‘... is that Andrew Gross?’.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
He is hardly the only person who feels that way (I could point to the most well known hockey writer in this area for example).

i’m sure some people that actually matter (such as marleau or thorton or whoever that was that he had issues with) don’t like him. but most of the people who don’t like him are fans, and they don’t induct players for the hhof like american idol

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
i’m sure some people that actually matter (such as marleau or thorton or whoever that was that he had issues with) don’t like him. but most of the people who don’t like him are fans, and they don’t induct players for the hhof like american idol
Go look at some of the guys who've been inducted, then look at their careers compared to Roenick. Then ask "Why isn't Roenick in?".

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
While I appreciate the sentiment, this is a problem on many levels... What's to stop Philly or Tampa management from doubling the offer to go the other way?

It's an ethical problem to have any dollars riding on the outcome of a league game like this, I think, even if it's for a good cause.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Double the offer how, for him to take a dive? That'd be too obvious a case of bribery trying to fix a game nobody would openly do it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Skip to 3:50 in the video - Gross walks in on a Dana White interview and is clearly ignoring commands to come back and walk another way, around the interview. No ****s were given haha

Caught my eye watching it and I thought ‘... is that Andrew Gross?’.

Haha that is Gross. He covers the Islanders now and that presser was apparently at Barclays Center.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
While I appreciate the sentiment, this is a problem on many levels... What's to stop Philly or Tampa management from doubling the offer to go the other way?

It's an ethical problem to have any dollars riding on the outcome of a league game like this, I think, even if it's for a good cause.

its not the same thing. you can't "pay" someone to win a game. you pay them to take a dive. you can control losing a game you can't control winning a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad