News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheros expletives

Jan 9, 2014
Patty has 2 cups to their combined zero. I think that holds more weight than an art Ross trophy.
akmRxB9r_700w_0.jpg

I love Patty, but he doesn't have the individual success the Sedins have.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
View attachment 109943
I love Patty, but he doesn't have the individual success the Sedins have.

He doesn't?

Elias - 408 G (1025 points) - 1240 GP
D. Sedin - 391 G (1038 points) - 1303 GP
H. Sedin - 240 G (1069 points) - 1327 GP

More goals in fewer games and a higher PPG than either Sedin, and that's on playing for defense-first teams most of his career while the Sedins played on a lot of offensive juggernauts. Love 'em both but Patty's being criminally underrated by you.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
By themselves one of the sedin's may not make the hall of fame, but probably just because they are twins and pretty good that they will make it in...smh

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
He doesn't?

Elias - 408 G (1025 points) - 1240 GP
D. Sedin - 391 G (1038 points) - 1303 GP
H. Sedin - 240 G (1069 points) - 1327 GP

More goals in fewer games and a higher PPG than either Sedin, and that's on playing for defense-first teams most of his career while the Sedins played on a lot of offensive juggernauts. Love 'em both but Patty's being criminally underrated by you.

As a fan Patty is my obvious pick as well but I'm guessing he was referring to individual hardware. Sedins have a Hart, Lindsay, a couple Art Ross trophies, and numerous other nominations between them.

That said, I bet any player would gladly exchange countless individual awards and accolades if it meant having his name immortalized on the one and only Cup, let alone multiple times.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
you can make an argument that all 3 should be in and all 3 shouldn't be in. i dont think lack of cups should keep the sedins out nor should the stanley cups be the main reason why elias gets in over someone else

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm surprised the Sedin's are calling it quits. Feels like they have another year or two left in the tank.

I think this was a case of them either getting pushed out the door (Benning and management telling them they weren't re-signing them next year) and they've already said they don't want to play anywhere else, or they are content and don't wanna play another garbage throwaway season in Vancouver, but will only play in Vancouver, so they're content to call it a day.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i said something similar in the main boards, under the vegas retiring the number 58, but I really wish there was more separation between real world shittiness and hockey. these days, the line is awfully blurred. I’m not trying to be a cold hearted prick, I just long for the days when hockey was more of an escape

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
you have to give the sedins props they could definitely latch on somewhere with a minimum deal for a cup run but chose to just hang them up go out on their own terms

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

I am not implying that the NHL is conspiring to help the Florida Panthers' playoff push to support its documentary.

in all fairness initially i thought it was a BS call and should've been a goal but honestly you could go either way with this. you could make a case that the pred guy pushed him and made the puck come loose. you could also say he was pushed into roberto. the bigger problem though and no one is talking about

this is allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll because of the stupid coaching challenges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know this wasn't a coach challenge but my point is everyone is so focused on all these calls now and everyone second guessing each other.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
in all fairness initially i thought it was a BS call and should've been a goal but honestly you could go either way with this. you could make a case that the pred guy pushed him and made the puck come loose. you could also say he was pushed into roberto. the bigger problem though and no one is talking about

this is allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll because of the stupid coaching challenges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know this wasn't a coach challenge but my point is everyone is so focused on all these calls now and everyone second guessing each other.

i would argue that since no whistle was blown, the play was still active, so play was fair to get the puck loose

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
you have to give the sedins props they could definitely latch on somewhere with a minimum deal for a cup run but chose to just hang them up go out on their own terms

Or maybe one can find a spot for himself on one roster and the other can find a nice spot on another roster. Must they have to play on the same team?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Or maybe one can find a spot for himself on one roster and the other can find a nice spot on another roster. Must they have to play on the same team?

Evidently. They’ve had chances to go FA or get traded but they’re joined at the hip.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Sedins in the HHOF is a no brainer. They are no worse than tied for second greatest player in Canucks history (and in Canuck terms I'd actually put them ahead of Bure because they were there for their entire lengthy careers), there's no question they get in. I also think Elias, while less of a slam dunk (and that is because he sadly isn't appreciated by others because he gets overshadowed by the "Devils were all defense, not offense" false narrative that is prevalent) absolutely belongs in. On an related tangent know who I absolutely think should be in who aren't: Pierre Turgeon and Alexander Mogilny. Turgeon had an amazingly underrated career and Mogilny was like Ovie before there was Ovie, I still remember my dad saying he was the one player he would pay to see.

Reactions: OmNomNom

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i dont think they're locks for the HHOF at all. sorry but if jeremy roenick doesn't get in, the sedins don't get in.

edit- a compromise. let one of the sedins into the HHOF just to be a dick about it

Reactions: SeidoN

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
i dont think they're locks for the HHOF at all. sorry but if jeremy roenick doesn't get in, the sedins don't get in.

edit- a compromise. let one of the sedins into the HHOF just to be a dick about it

They are going to get in because they were pretty good and twins. If there was only one of them then I dont think they would perhaps

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

yeahh and make it Daniel too just for giggles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad