News and Notes XXI: The Dog Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The expectation should be a streaky offense. Remember, the Canes went through independent stretches of 8 goals in 5 games, 13 in 8, 5 in 5 and 4 in 5 last season. The coaching/system is the same and the only real change in the Top 9, once Stempniak returns, is Williams in place of McGinn.

Re: the differences, I think we also have to recognize it's a young team and many of the young players should be improving as well. So while the only "adds" are Williams, there should be improvements in other areas.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If that sticks, it's an awesome tryout for Necas. I might be the only person that still thought Necas looked better overall in the preseason than Kuokkanen, even with the lack of production.

Granted, Kuokkanen hasn't been given a pair of linemates like that regularly yet, or power play time where he played pretty well in the preseason, so he hasn't had an amazing opportunity to shine.

I do think Kuokkanen has looked a little worse each game so far though.

I like Jooris, so I'm glad to see him draw in. It will be good for Carrick to get a chance too. If he does well, even someone like Dahlbeck might get some value as shallow as some teams are on defense.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
If that sticks, it's an awesome tryout for Necas. I might be the only person that still thought Necas looked better overall in the preseason than Kuokkanen, even with the lack of production.

IMO, Necas just oozed talent, but Kuokkanan actually got results. I don't think he looked as good, but it's hard to say no to points on the board.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
IMO, Necas just oozed talent, but Kuokkanan actually got results. I don't think he looked as good, but it's hard to say no to points on the board.

I guess it didn't matter to me since it was 3 points to 1 point I believe. And it wasn't like Kuokkanen was lighting it up consistently. He had one great game. In the long run, I think oozing talent and looking like the better player pays off. Just how I saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad