Not open for further replies.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

$

Dec 30, 2013
did anyone else see they are doing a mini-beer fest before the october 29th game vs anaheim? pucks and pints they are calling it. ticket to the beer fest comes with a discounted ticket to the game. pretty neat idea

I was excited until I saw you need to be a season ticket holder or buy a game ticket online to get admission to the beer fest. The college rush tickets are too good a deal for me to pass up

Reactions: Breakdowns

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Not sure where to post. This is a curiosity of mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-17-UD...tch-Auto-GOLD-08-25-Hurricanes-/192336256891?

Where does that patch come from? The closest I can think is the 3rd jersey somewhere in the crest, but even then I don't see a fit.

Bottom part of the end of the third jersey flag, upside down. Red background is weird though, it should be sewn to black fabric.

But it doesn't say game worn, or even that it's actually from a jersey, so I bet they just sewed a bunch of primary and secondary patches onto airknit fabric and cut it up.

Reactions: Aho Mitakuye Oyasin

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Bottom part of the end of the third jersey flag, upside down. Red background is weird though, it should be sewn to black fabric.

But it doesn't say game worn, or even that it's actually from a jersey, so I bet they just sewed a bunch of primary and secondary patches onto airknit fabric and cut it up.

You are probably right. Just stitched the patch onto the wrong color fabric and cut it up. No issue with it for me - I just looked at it and thought it looked almost unrecognizable from a fan perspective.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
So, it sounds like:

Aho-Necas-Lindholm
Teravainen-Staal-Williams
Skinner-Rask-Ryan
Jooris-Kruger-Nordstrom

Slavin-Faulk
Hanifin-Pesce
Fleury-Carrick

Kuokkanen, McGinn, Dahlbeck healthy scratches.

The line I think will come to play tonight is the TT/Staal/J-Willy line.

IMO, Necas just oozed talent, but Kuokkanan actually got results. I don't think he looked as good, but it's hard to say no to points on the board.

Kuokkanen's overall game was better than Necas's in pre-season in my opinion. Plus, while not a muscle-bound meathead he was plain stronger on the puck. I think Janne has looked fine in all of the games he's played so far. I am curious if Robo's line up in confirmed anywhere.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Of their 5 wins, only 1 was against a playoff team last year. 3 of those are Arizona, Buffalo and Arizona, ie bottom 5 teams. The lone playoff team was Boston, who got in the final week of the season, and is somewhat on the decline similar to the Rags. And the final win was against Dallas, but that was the first game of the year. They're structurally sound so they're not an easy game by any means, and Fleury is still dynamite.

Good for them, but I still think they end up a bottom 5 team. But I thought they would be dead last by a mile, challenging the futility of the Avs last year. So I'll eat some early crow.

Can anyone explain to me how Vegas is winning all these games?

Reactions: Unsustainable

Hockeywatching

May 9, 2015
Interesting marketing from the Canes this year. They host a 5K every fall and this year (and maybe the year before) they upped the price, BUT included a free ticket voucher to a Canes game. I went to redeem my tickets and noticed you have to pick from a list of possible games in the next two months or so. All the possible games are weekday nights or Sunday afternoons against teams like Anaheim :laugh:.

Anyways just thought it was an interesting tactic to fill the seats on low attendance games.

Reactions: Unsustainable
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad