News and Notes XIX: Well... We're waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I took a look at defensemen across the league with over 70 games to see how he stacks up penalty wise.

Klefbom: 76GP, 22:14 min/GP, 26.8 Shifts/GP - 6 PIM
Pysyk: 76GP, 18:37 min/GP, 23 Shifts/GP - 8 PIM
Carlson: 70GP, 22:43 min/GP, 26.6 Shifts/GP - 10 PIM
Slavin: 75GP, 23:23 min/GP, 26.2 Shifts/GP - 12 PIM
Leddy: 74GP, 22:48 min/GP, 23.7 Shifts/GP - 12 PIM

That said, on their respective teams, Slavin is the only one that faces the toughest competition and least offensive zone starts of the group, but none of them are really sheltered either. Also, none of the others play the most minutes ES and SH like Slavin does (most are 2nd, 3rd or lower).

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
We should start a hilarious Twitter campaign with pics of Slavin doing very nice things for people.

#slavin4byng

There was a tweet that Jaccob and his wife Kylie delivered Eddie Lack food when he was in the hospital the other day.

#slavin4bying

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Slavin is an interesting guy. It's not often you see a player like him who is also very focused on something outside of the game like religion, or faith. Hockey seems to be almost everything to many of them. Especially the younger ones. I'm sure there are plenty of religious players in the NHL but he seems to be in a different category.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
C8Kwix7UAAAoGQO.jpg

Wow, Pesce

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I'm a lifetime hater of the plus/minus stat, but what Slavin and Pesce have done with that compared to the rest of the team while facing the toughest jobs deserves league wide props. Pesce's has slid a bit I think since Hainsey left and he's gotten time with lesser partners than Slavin. He was the first to get saddled with Hanifin in his top 4 role I believe.

These two have been rocks for us, and we only have one more year before their salaries can possibly affect everything we do. Hope we make something of next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad