News and Notes Thread IX: Paper Bags and LaRose Colored Glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
When Eric Staal is one of your best players, you have a problem. He's not bad, but he NEVER should have been named Captain. That should have gone to Whitney, but he didn't have the celeb status. Guess what? Celeb status doesn't win games, and now the Canes are a joke saddled with high $ contracts for sub-par players like Ward and Staal whose best days are long behind them. Methinks it might be time to shuffle the deck among the "lynchpin" players; the team has gone downhill ever since Staal was given his title.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
They just brought up the Gordie Howe thing on the last broadcast and with him in poor healthy, I wouldn't count on it. Maybe he should just double his number. Wait, that's not gonna work either. Well how about 19? This team needs a franchise player wearing that number.

It would be so Carolina to force McDavid to change because of Stormy

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Radek Dvorak's.

Speaking of Malone (I think it was this thread, anyway, I don't care), his next game will tie him for the most among all Brads to ever play as a Hurricane.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I can't speak for everyone, but I for one would be *POd* if he did, especially after three full days off in Vancouver last week. They got a day to travel, it's time to get back to work.

Plus, in getting zero points the past four games, they were outscored 18-5, so it's not like they're tired.

You can rest easy Kev. They are practicing every day.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=45167

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
happy halloween
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif
1txcTYQ.gif

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
AND CANIACS YOU ARE....

Have Mike Commodore come out in a warrior costume.

Commodore raises his sword

The crowd cheers

They know what is coming

They know for every hog-like mascot the franchise sacrifices they get free Bojangles'

That used to be only for powerplay goals

But that was back when there were powerplay goals

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
When Eric Staal is one of your best players, you have a problem. He's not bad, but he NEVER should have been named Captain. That should have gone to Whitney, but he didn't have the celeb status. Guess what? Celeb status doesn't win games, and now the Canes are a joke saddled with high $ contracts for sub-par players like Ward and Staal whose best days are long behind them. Methinks it might be time to shuffle the deck among the "lynchpin" players; the team has gone downhill ever since Staal was given his title.

I attribute it more to his contract. A smaller market team will always struggle to put good players around a 9 million dollar guy. The moment he signed the contract we were going to start eroding. A couple of years ago we stepped up the money, and gave it to the only two people that would take it in jstaal and semin, but we still don't have the depth we had before the staal contract imo.

I really think this team has to be more like Nashville or Arizona, if you're gonna have a big contract guy it has to be a dman like weber. We should probably cap our forwards at 6 million and just have more of them instead of one star guy who is supposed to carry a load no man could carry. I agree staal isn't an ideal captain, but I think the long term effects of his and Ward's contract have contributed more to the toilet spiral this team has been in over the last few years.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Can't imagine we're on that list. Having zero wins a month into the season will hurt your ability to sign late-signing FAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad